Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2010, 12:09 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by detmi7mile View Post
Ok I'm going to try now lol.
Good luck with that mate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 12:22 PM

454 posts, read 498,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest I am View Post
Does God enjoy evil?

Isaiah 45:7
I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Ephesians 3:8-10
For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Colossians 1:15-17
Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

God thus seems to have created evil, as He created all concepts, for his pleasure, including evil.

How does God get pleasure from evil and is He allowing it to happen?
Hell is demonstrably an immoral and evil construct.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SF6I5VSZVqc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZM3FXlLMug

Does God get pleasure from it’s existence?
Man has laws against men allowing evil to happen when they have a way to prevent it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omission_(criminal_law)#Some_offences_require_acts

Does that mean that man is more moral than God?

Regards
DL
WOW man, you ask all the tough questions. You ever thought about working for 60 minutes? Just kidding.

All I can really say is that I reckon the simplest, and yet ultimate, definition of evil is separation from God. But that's probably gonna let the cat out the bag.
Might get back jack. It's just that I don't like headaches.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:31 PM

409 posts, read 399,562 times
Quote:
Ok I'm going to try now lol.

Let's break this down...

you say we have free will...ok

God knows EVERYTHING...even before it happens.

God already knows that Billy will use his "free will" to reject the "Free gift", and will end up in hell.

Why does God still create Billy?

Also it is not a free gift or a free will choice if strings are attached. If I give someone a new Ford Mustang for "Free", then after they're all excited, say that they must drive me to work 5 days a week and pick me up as well, there are strings attached.

You can't say it's a free will choice if someone comes up to you and says come live with me and I will give you money, food, and everything you need, or I will shoot you in the head. It's a choice, but a coerced choice.

And does getting money, food, clothing, etc provided for you sound good? Yes it does..unless you've never met this person, this person tells you this by a letter, and you've never seen the stuff the person is talking about. You see absolutely no reason to believe this person and in fact you want to report him to the police.

Now for the question you asked earlier...what would I do if I was the mechanic?

Well I wouldn't make something that I knew would be faulty and then get mad when it is.

I know a lot of christians compare god as the ultimate parent. I would try to be the good parent. I wouldn't say to my children don't do drugs, then bring a drug dealer in the house to babysit them, to test their "free will" of whether they really are going to listen to what I say.
Can you imagine if we had the right to do anything we want? There's nothing wrong with doing anything we want, as long as it doesn't break God's laws. We are only limited by whatever is against the law. Everything else, we are free to do. How does that make God out to be bad? I think it's wonderful. I don't like limitations on things that aren't against God's laws. I think man's laws are much more controlling than God's.

About your child, no I wouldn't imagine that you would. But now, if after warning the child about drugs and they went out and did them anyway, who is to blame? The child for disobeying you.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:40 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times
But you think that everyone in society, regardless of belief or nonbelief in a particular version of "God", should be forced by the state to follow your own particular concept of "God's laws"? That is the definition of a theocracy. Thanks but no thanks. No version of "God's laws" should be enforced by the state. I prefer living in a republic.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:46 PM

465 posts, read 528,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avasa View Post
Can you imagine if we had the right to do anything we want? There's nothing wrong with doing anything we want, as long as it doesn't break God's laws. We are only limited by whatever is against the law. Everything else, we are free to do. How does that make God out to be bad? I think it's wonderful. I don't like limitations on things that aren't against God's laws. I think man's laws are much more controlling than God's.

About your child, no I wouldn't imagine that you would. But now, if after warning the child about drugs and they went out and did them anyway, who is to blame? The child for disobeying you.
Well it's not even about doing anything you want. Most people don't want to "just do anything they want".

Let me ask you, why would sex between two consenting adults who have been together for 3 years, both virgins, before marriage, with protection, be wrong?

What about people who follow "god's laws" but can't believe in Jesus? They still end up in hell correct?

You know all atheists/agnostics/free thinkers aren't out there with tons of sex partners, getting drunk every night, cussing in every word they say, etc.

As for your last point, I still think you're missing it. I'm not talking about someone going out and doing drugs.

I'm talking about actively putting a drug dealer in your house to babysit your children.

In case you can't connect the dots...drug dealer = talking snake in the garden that God put there.

Old 08-06-2010, 01:48 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:
But he isn't the only one involved. I'm sorry but it all goes back to free will. We as well as the angels can choose what to do. However if we make the wrong choice, it could result in death. Whether God knows it or not isn't the issue. The issue is, do we obey him and live or disobey him and die?
I'm beginning to think that you have a serious learning disability...the question has been presented to you in a number of different manners and yet you continue to EVADE it...let's see if maybe we can dumb it down some more for ya:

Pay very close attention because THIS DOESN'T HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH FREE WILL...did you get that??????

God is all knowing (OMNISCIENT)...that means he knows BEFOREHAND EVERYTHING THAT IS GOING TO OCCUR....So God creates humans...WHO HE ALREADY KNOWS BEFOREHAND WILL DISOBEY HIM, GET TOSSED OUT OF THE GARDEN, SUFFER, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...ALL SO HE WILL HAVE TO SEND HIS SON (which is really himself) TO DIE A HORRIFIC DEATH JUST TO SAVE US FROM OUR SIN (that God could have prevented from the beginning)...AND IF WE DON'T BELIEVE IN HIS SON JESUS (who is really himself) HE WILL ROAST US IN HELL FOR ETERNITY...FOR SOMETHING HE SET US UP TO FAIL IN AND CAUSED IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!!!

Now....GOD KNEW ALL OF THIS BEFOREHAND...and yet...HE DID IT ANYWAY!!!!!!!!

NOW...why would your god punish them (and the rest of humanity for all time) for doing EXACTLY what he had planned for them to do from the outset?

Old 08-06-2010, 01:50 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,213,026 times
Quote:

What you're FAILING TO COMPREHEND HERE is that she did not KNOW BEFOREHAND that the child would disobey........GOD DOES......GET IT???????????

Old 08-06-2010, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catman View Post
But you think that everyone in society, regardless of belief or nonbelief in a particular version of "God", should be forced by the state to follow your own particular concept of "God's laws"? That is the definition of a theocracy. Thanks but no thanks. No version of "God's laws" should be enforced by the state. I prefer living in a republic.
I'm speaking of the laws of our creator. He knows us better than anyone. Though the Bible spoke of laws in the first part of the Bible that don't apply to us today, that doesn't mean that we have a creator that is unfair or can't make up his mind. The laws he used then were to benefit the ones back then. Some of the same laws benefit us today, like do not steal. Apparently God adjusted the laws according to our needs.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Well it's not even about doing anything you want. Most people don't want to "just do anything they want".

Let me ask you, why would sex between two consenting adults who have been together for 3 years, both virgins, before marriage, with protection, be wrong?

What about people who follow "god's laws" but can't believe in Jesus? They still end up in hell correct?

You know all atheists/agnostics/free thinkers aren't out there with tons of sex partners, getting drunk every night, cussing in every word they say, etc.

As for your last point, I still think you're missing it. I'm not talking about someone going out and doing drugs.

I'm talking about actively putting a drug dealer in your house to babysit your children.

In case you can't connect the dots...drug dealer = talking snake in the garden that God put there.
God has laws to protect us. He also has laws against doing things that are not acceptable to him. One is sex out of wedlock. He instituded marriage. We are his creation and our bodies are not to be used for unnatural purposes. There has to be lines drawn somewhere.

I'm not explaing myself too well on the freewill part and I appologize but I do believe in God and I do think he cares about us.

Old 08-06-2010, 02:25 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristyGrl View Post
What you're FAILING TO COMPREHEND HERE is that she did not KNOW BEFOREHAND that the child would disobey........GOD DOES......GET IT???????????
So basically your blaming the fact that your child is disobedient on God? I could have sworn it was the parent's responsibility to raise a child to be a respectable member of society. If your child comes out to be disrespectful and disobedient, who's fault is it? God's? No Christy. It's yours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality