Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 10:15 AM

454 posts, read 498,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I think your answer is wrong...Humans are just another creature on earth...We are not more special than any other. We were not created, but are the results of billions of years of nature's trial and error (evolution)
Oh, ok. That's cool.

That's why my heavenly Father gave us all free will so that we couldn't be forced into believing anything we don't want to.

But I still think Jesus loves you Sanspeur.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 10:27 AM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman6 View Post
Oh, ok. That's cool.

That's why my heavenly Father gave us all free will so that we couldn't be forced into believing anything we don't want to.

But I still think Jesus loves you Sanspeur.
Impossible, because he is long dead, and was just a simple man if he ever existed at all.

Old 08-06-2010, 10:35 AM

454 posts, read 498,790 times
Quote:
Impossible, because he is long dead, and was just a simple man if he ever existed at all.
You're cool. I believe he rose three days after he was executed. Life's been pretty cool since I believed that. Not that I haven't had some "issues" since then, but they don't seem to get me down no more.

Anyway, praise Jesus! Or in your case probably not, but that's cool. Anyway, how about I just let you know that even though I don't know you, but I still love you anyway!

Psst, Jesus told me to.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:19 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Quote:
I think your answer is wrong...Humans are just another creature on earth...We are not more special than any other. We were not created, but are the results of billions of years of nature's trial and error (evolution)
Actually, humans are more exalted than any other creature on earth. We have the capability to worship. Have you ever seen any other animal do that? Nope. Only humans. We are the only ones with a soul. We are far above any other creature on earth. We are precious, we are rare. We are God's Love made manifest in human form to find our own way back to Him. It matters not if you believe in Him. He believes in you.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:40 AM

25,386 posts, read 35,546,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in world !! View Post

..... I know why I created? but , I want from all , answer on my question ? , why you created ....??

Thank for all >>>
Does it matter? Does it change anything? The fact is, we are here. Which is really bizarre when you think about it. It means that either A) all of this poofed into existence out of nothing with nothing causing the poof or B) there is something that exists outside of this universe that has always existed.

Since the laws of this universe would exclude poofing out of nothing with nothing causing the poof (something from nothing with a cause is possible) and the space time continuium theory says that time has a beginning and an end, I'm going with the latter. Something outside of this universe that exists in another dimension without time caused the poof or simply created everything. I don't care which it was because what matters is we are here having this conversation.

As to why I think I was created? I don't know. Could be any number of reasons. Maybe God was bored and we're unpredictable and entertaining. My personal belief is that what has been presented to man doesn't even scratch the surface. IMO, the bible is RS 100. It represents mans attempt to understand God but man can't understand God so it's in terms man can understand. It's kind of like learning the Bohr model of the atom in chemistry. We know it's an incorrect model but it allows the student to understand concepts that would be very difficult if we started with the real model.

What I can't believe is that this universe just happened. That something would come out of nothing without a cause is insane. You have nothing and you have nothing for eternity then one day (except there are no days yet) the nothing, suddenly, with nothing causeing the change becomes something (matter and anti matter)????? Which begs the question why did it become something when it did and why didn't it become something long before it did or why didn't it just stay nothing. IMO, there must be something outside of this universe and the rules there must be different than the rules here. For example, perhaps time doesn't exist there. Maybe none of our dimensions exist there.

What's really mind boggling is as insane as poofing out of nothing with nothing causing the poof and something always existing that caused the poof are, one must be true because we are here. At least I think we're here. All of you could really be constructs of my imagination but if that were the case, you'd think I'd invent people who would agree with me more than they do .

Old 08-07-2010, 07:42 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,202,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
Actually, humans are more exalted than any other creature on earth. We have the capability to worship. Have you ever seen any other animal do that? Nope. Only humans. We are the only ones with a soul. We are far above any other creature on earth. We are precious, we are rare. We are God's Love made manifest in human form to find our own way back to Him. It matters not if you believe in Him. He believes in you.
Guess you've never had a dog

Old 08-07-2010, 08:37 AM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Quote:
Lies! We ARE in fact more special than any other living thing that has ever walked this Earth! Are you kidding me? Do you really believe you were not wonderfully and fearfully made? The Bible says from creation we were given dominion over the animals and plants on Earth! This is a position of absolute authority! Animals are "given" into our hand by God himself. This implies possession and the power of owners to control and use animals for our purposes! You think humans would have survived the ice age without killing a bunch of fat woolly mammoths and using them as fur coats? Freaking PETA has brainwashed this generation into thinking animals are greater than humans and is all up in arms if anyone uses an animal for clothing but had they existed back then, they would have been the death of mankind! You ARE special and you ARE greater than any animal that has ever walked the ground or flew in the sky or swam in water. You are NOT a result of trial and error!

Old 08-07-2010, 09:59 AM

3,331 posts, read 5,957,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Lies! We ARE in fact more special than any other living thing that has ever walked this Earth! Are you kidding me? Do you really believe you were not wonderfully and fearfully made? The Bible says from creation we were given dominion over the animals and plants on Earth! This is a position of absolute authority! Animals are "given" into our hand by God himself. This implies possession and the power of owners to control and use animals for our purposes! You think humans would have survived the ice age without killing a bunch of fat woolly mammoths and using them as fur coats? Freaking PETA has brainwashed this generation into thinking animals are greater than humans and is all up in arms if anyone uses an animal for clothing but had they existed back then, they would have been the death of mankind! You ARE special and you ARE greater than any animal that has ever walked the ground or flew in the sky or swam in water. You are NOT a result of trial and error!
Hmmm, no more than the cougar kills a deer to survive.

This is the gulf that will forever divide individuals such as yourself from me and those like me....that being NDNs. We see humans as PART of nature. You see us as separate from it. You see the animal world as dead things possessing no spirit for our exploitation; we see them as living spirits....just like us.

My people killed buffalo, deer, antelope, etc for food, shelter, clothing and pretty much everything else we needed. This was necessary. That does not mean that we think have have some sort of dominion over the animals nor does it give license to rape the land or indiscriminately take the lives of the animals. We are not greater than they, but rather equals sharing the same world.

You mention PETA and I agree that they are totally overboard and despise humanity. What you fail to understand is that those who wish for humanity to live in concert with nature are most certainly not of the PETA-like mindset. So avoid the hyperbole.

Old 08-07-2010, 11:29 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,188,106 times
We were all created to work for the man. To shut up and obediently do as the man tells us. Until death.

Old 08-07-2010, 11:34 AM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
We were all created to work for the man. To shut up and obediently do as the man tells us. Until death.
YOU were created for that. Not me. I was created for God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality