Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 03:01 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,626,433 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Only if there is a god and we are merely his playthings...Many of us do not believe there is.
Considering the fact that your only 8% of U.S. population amongst 80% of Christians, I don't see how there are many of you anything. When I go to school, there's what like 2 Atheist and a Satanist? Come on. Don't play yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2010, 03:13 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
When I go to school, ......
School????? That explains a lot!!

Quote:
...there's what like 2 Atheist and a Satanist? Come on. Don't play yourself.
...at one time there was only one 'Christian'.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:37 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,626,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
School????? That explains a lot!!

...at one time there was only one 'Christian'.
Lol yes? I'm a senior in high school. I thought you knew. Your fellow Atheist Allen Antrim is one too. Ironically.

Old 08-08-2010, 05:57 PM

10,449 posts, read 12,465,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
There are several acceptable arguments (among believers) as to why man has to suffer.
The ordinary human would feel sympathy or empathy(suffer) to witness an animal in pain.
If no human is present to witness, there is no apparent acceptable reason for God to inflict such on an animal.
I asked for one.
I didn't realize suffering was restricted to humans to begin with (obviously it's not but I mean from the point of view of JW's.)

On another note, to anyone who wants to ward off JW's...just hang an American flag on your front door.

Old 08-09-2010, 04:23 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,731,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Lol yes? I'm a senior in high school. I thought you knew. Your fellow Atheist Allen Antrim is one too. Ironically.
That's a surprise. With your claims of being a military veteran and a history of charitable missionary work, I imagined a grizzled guy in his fifties. Though I must say that explains the outbursts or uncontrolled rage and the screams of 'Lies' a bit better.

Old 08-09-2010, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
That's a surprise. With your claims of being a military veteran and a history of charitable missionary work, I imagined a grizzled guy in his fifties. Though I must say that explains the outbursts or uncontrolled rage and the screams of 'Lies' a bit better.
HOWZAT!!! Fine catch that man.

Old 08-09-2010, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
HOWZAT!!! Fine catch that man.
Definitely caught that one with the edge of the bat

Old 08-09-2010, 06:28 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
Wait a minute guys....
Missionary work can be done at young ages. It's not at all unusual.
And I didn't recall him mentioning being a vet so did a search and found this.

"Chrstygirl you served in the Military. I can't say I have. "

Old 08-09-2010, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
Wait a minute guys....
Missionary work can be done at young ages. It's not at all unusual.
And I didn't recall him mentioning being a vet so did a search and found this.

"Chrstygirl you served in the Military. I can't say I have. "
Well, you have caught ME out this time. My memory was at fault.

"What EXACTLY are you doing? NOTHING! Sitting on your behinds in front of a computer screen typing away judging and condemning others people that are fighting for the lives of others. Military Service Personnel. Almost half of them are Christian."

I have to admit that it gave me the impression that He at least hadn't been sitting at the computer, but had been out there risking his butt for God. And, since his military service, handing out beans and Bibles in Port au Prince. It put a false impression into my head and that's my fault rather that his.

Thanks for correcting me. And apologies to AllenK for thinking he had tripped up. It was me this time.

Old 08-10-2010, 02:44 AM

The video replay shows a 'No ball'.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality