Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 09:53 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,913,530 times

Advertisements

OP: please provide ignorant me with the exact bibilcal text that specifically denies "genetically modified food" As a career research biologist with some interest and background in genetics, I'd love to discover that the biblical authors had in-depth knowledge of DNA, and ACGT, and all that "stuff" you claim they apparently decry.

I'm awaitin' for that unambiguous reference. I'd like to seed it here in print. Thanks! Please hurry though; I'm apparently being poisoned by the moment!

BTW, are you saying that any human-induced micro changes to the already highly variable natural DNA genome in say, corn or peas or potatoes thereby makes the product instantly and positively carcinogenic?

Wow! I had NO IDEA!

2nd BTW: Which university did you graduate from? I may want to look at their genetics credentials and curriculum. After you clarify all this for me of course.....

Thanks for playing! sincerely: rifleman
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 09:55 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,676,751 times
Lev. 19:19, "Ye shall keep My statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind; thou shalt not sow thy field with two kinds of seed; neither shall there come upon thee a garment of two kinds of stuff mingled together", does not prohibit all types of genetically modified food.

Old 08-28-2010, 09:57 PM

Cool Wht Idy-ahtik Trype.... mumble mumble....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville View Post
^ This. Not to mention that the rats, guinea pigs and other lab animals scientists tested it on got cancer.
Really? All of them?

BTW, 9 out of 10 lab rats say scientists cause cancer.......

Old 08-28-2010, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
Lev. 19:19, "Ye shall keep My statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind; thou shalt not sow thy field with two kinds of seed; neither shall there come upon thee a garment of two kinds of stuff mingled together", does not prohibit all types of genetically modified food.
Hmmm. Kinda sounds like they simply didn't want you to co-mingle your cattle with them danged goats, or to sow your corn field with bananas at the same time, since they had ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA that different species would not/could not in fact, cross-pollinate, etc.

But perhaps I"m missing something here, since apparently the biblical authors had a firm working knowledge of genetics that they didn't bother to tell us about 'til now...

The bibles' just chock-full of surprises when you learn how to read it proper, huh?

Spaceships with giant aliens, tame rideable T-Rexs, 900 hundred year old ship builders... and on and on. Amazing. Literally AMAZING! Now they're into genetic engineering science!

And I thought the Muslims here told us THEY invented all of modern science!

I'm getting so confused. Whimper... Maybe it's time to get the nurse to take me back to my room and "med me up for the night!"....

Night all! Sweet dreams!

Old 08-28-2010, 10:11 PM

815 posts, read 1,543,523 times
The bible not against.... Today there are tomatoes with human genes from a liver. In the bible drink a and eat a body.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:16 PM

19 posts, read 47,976 times
In response to walter greenspan. Huh? Are you trying to say this only applies to livestock and not plants or what because im not sure i understand your position.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:38 PM

4,486 posts, read 5,222,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloy View Post
The bible not against.... Today there are tomatoes with human genes from a liver. In the bible drink a and eat a body.
What????????????????

Old 08-28-2010, 10:44 PM

33,528 posts, read 37,128,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eloy View Post
What have you been READING? You need to stop! No genetically modified tomatoes are being grown commercially in North America or in Europe....Not since 1998.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
But perhaps I"m missing something here, since apparently the biblical authors had a firm working knowledge of genetics that they didn't bother to tell us about 'til now...
What authors?

The Torah, otherwise known as the Bible, was the direct word of the Almighty, and the Almighty would definitely have a complete knowledge of genetics.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.brons View Post
In response to walter greenspan. Huh? Are you trying to say this only applies to livestock and not plants or what because im not sure i understand your position.
There are different forms of genetic engineering: those that "improve the breed" by breeding those animals or plants that have, what are deemed, superior characteristics, and those that transplant genetic material from one species to another species. It is the latter type of genetic engineering that may not be Biblically permitted (i.e., kosher).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality