Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 09:49 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,684,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM1258 View Post
I live near the PA/NY border and local university people unearthed some
burial mounds with skeletons that were 12 ft. tall in life.
They also found spears, arrowheads, etc.
They dated them back a few thousand years.
Pretty freaky.
Uh huh. Reputable citation please. Are you aware that the tallest human on record was Robert Wadlow, at 8'11" tall, and he had to wear leg braces and use canes to help support his weight. Back to the square-cubed math, please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2010, 10:56 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times
It's freaky, all right. Quite a bit too freaky, IMO.

Old 09-13-2010, 01:50 AM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Uh huh. Reputable citation please. Are you aware that the tallest human on record was Robert Wadlow, at 8'11" tall, and he had to wear leg braces and use canes to help support his weight. Back to the square-cubed math, please.
Don't you believe in photographs?
Top 10 Bizarre & Controversial Archeological Discoveries | Top 10 Lists | TopTenz.net

Look at #3! One bad a** dude!!!

Old 09-13-2010, 03:09 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enow View Post
Example: The Andes mountians rose suddenly from the sea,.....
"Suddenly"!!!! Oh boy!

Old 09-13-2010, 03:41 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,861,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
In the Bible on Genesis 6:4 ``there were giants in those days``.... these were the days After Adam had passed away about 5,000 years ago... and the the Lord God reason that HIS Spirit could not be with this evil man and the Lord God planned to renew the earth ......
Don't these old giant Nephilim chappies present rather a problem for your global flood myth? I mean, in Genesis 6:1-4 we are told:

"The Nephilim were on the earth in those days, and also afterward, when the sons of God came in to the daughters of men, and they bore children to them. These were the mighty men that were of old, the men of renown."

Then inGenesis 7:21-23 we read:

"And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man: All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died. And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark."

But what's this!! InNum.13:33 we have:

"And there we saw the Nephilim (the sons of Anak, who come from the Nephilim); and we seemed to ourselves like grasshoppers, and so we seemed to them."

If we are to believe what is presented in the 'infallible word of God, these giant Nephilim were around before and after the flood. So my question would be, how could these chaps have survived a global flood that is alleged to have killed all but Noah and his gang?

Last edited by Rafius; 09-13-2010 at 03:59 AM..

Old 09-13-2010, 10:17 AM

13,138 posts, read 22,818,947 times
Once I was abducted by aliens. They took me to their home planet by Zeta Reticuli and we played poker all night. I won a million troggles (that's their money, you see). Unfortunately when I got back I couldn't find a bank that would do a currency exchange, so I still had to come to work the next monday. Oh.. and I am 12 feet tall too.

Old 09-13-2010, 10:25 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,016,556 times
Your links prove nothing Enow. Some of them are even nothing more than pseudoscience. Case in point, the 'Forbidden Archaeology.' They claim that evidence is being suppressed in order to keep the current claim. This is a classic claim of pseudo science. This thread reminds me of what creationists started spouting when the fossils of australopithecus ramidus was discovered. They get the weird idea that that some how disproves evolution. Similarly, your supposed 'giant' human fossils don't do anything to disprove evolution.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:06 PM

1,315 posts, read 1,868,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightBazaar View Post
Would you mind posting the source of this information?
I had posted that it was on national news. All you had to do was google it.

NASA Finds Shrimp Beneath Antarctica Ice - CBS News

Upon finding this, I have made a mistake that I cannot believe I had made. I know that I am hard of hearing and all that: deaf in my left ear and tinnitus in my right ear, but my recollection was that it was a two foot shrimp, but this site says it was three inches.

I have no idea how wrong my recollection was on that but I apologize.

Old 09-13-2010, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
"Suddenly"!!!! Oh boy!
That's what I would say too, but that is how the evolutionists spun their story here for the New York Times.

WHALE FOSSILS HIGH IN ANDES SHOW HOW MOUNTAINS ROSE FROM SEA - NYTimes.com

Old 09-13-2010, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM1258 View Post
I live near the PA/NY border and local university people unearthed some
burial mounds with skeletons that were 12 ft. tall in life.
They also found spears, arrowheads, etc.
They dated them back a few thousand years.
Pretty freaky.
Better yet... show pictures!! Think you can get any to post here in the thread?

Maybe you can make a video or ask those university people to put their discovery on YouTube? Then you can link that from this thread for everybody to watch.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality