Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 11:20 PM

3,359 posts, read 7,335,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillynillyTalc View Post
Beating them up wouldn't stop them, they are looking for exactly that.

Are you saying that we should deal with people saying things we don't like with violence? Should we stop them by beating them into submission? I don't really care what another country would do, we are not them, we are America.
Yes...there are certain funerals they know to not come to, cause they know they would be stomped out...

Even they, value self preservation...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 11:26 PM

250 posts, read 380,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time and Space View Post
Yes...there are certain funerals they know to not come to, cause they know they would be stomped out...

Even they, value self preservation...
I'm sorry, I missed the part where you answered my questions. Are you advocating violence toward these people? Is that how we are supposed to deal with the things we don't like to hear in America? Do we stop them saying things we don't like by beating them or killing them? Should we stop them saying these things at all?

Old 10-15-2010, 11:44 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, I missed the part where you answered my questions. Are you advocating violence toward these people? Is that how we are supposed to deal with the things we don't like to hear in America? Do we stop them saying things we don't like by beating them or killing them? Should we stop them saying these things at all?
If my worst enemy died...and I had beef with them, not even I would protest at their funeral...I would allow their family that time to grieve and love...

West Baro baptist church, is going to protest at the wrong funeral one day...

Old 10-16-2010, 12:01 AM

Quote:
If my worst enemy died...and I had beef with them, not even I would protest at their funeral...I would allow their family that time to grieve and love...

West Baro baptist church, is going to protest at the wrong funeral one day...
You're very slick. Are you a lawyer or a politician?

Old 10-16-2010, 12:12 AM

Quote:
You're very slick. Are you a lawyer or a politician?
And your out of your league...

So let's hug, and leave it at that...

Old 10-16-2010, 12:18 AM

Never forgotten...

http://www.njsandspitters.com/images/pow_flag_animation_01.gif (broken link)

Old 10-16-2010, 12:47 AM

Quote:
And your out of your league...

So let's hug, and leave it at that...
We'll leave at you cannot answer a question and I respect your refusal to do so. Good idea.

I don't know what league your (you're) in, but I'm positive I'm not out of anything. Except beer.

Whatever happened to discussion and debate?

Last edited by WillynillyTalc; 10-16-2010 at 01:17 AM.. Reason: Found more beer.

Old 10-16-2010, 03:39 AM

2,782 posts, read 4,173,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shibumi View Post
If these goat-heads were to visit our town to preach their hatred at, say, a funeral for a recently fallen military vet, I cannot believe that someone here, in our very conservative and private midwestern rural town, would not take matters into his own hands.

Westboro Baptist Church Home Page

(you've got to love that website address!). Fred Phelps, your head will dance on the point of my ancestor's spears, in a particular hell we reserve for such depraved people. Perhaps right beside W. A. Custer?

Are they completely protected from any responses from rightfully insulted family members from any I wonder? Most all of the adult family are lawyers and are, apparently just trolling for a means by which they can sue someone. There must be some state laws if there are no related Federal limitations.

How do local law enforcement types expect there to NOT be a violent exchange if these trolls insult a grieving family member?

The utter nerve of these morons. Why do we tolerate it? This is far worse than yelling "fire" in a movie theater for sure; it's intentionally hugely rude, hurtful and intrusive. These types should all be incarcerated into a mental health facility. Perhaps a little shock therapy? 10kV between the ears? That ought to re-assert their priorities, no?
There can't be any laws that prevent them from doing this, that do not infringe in freedom of expression.. I'm surprised they haven't been shot yet..

Old 10-16-2010, 06:47 AM

40,050 posts, read 34,662,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gplex View Post
I'm surprised they haven't been shot yet..
Unfortunately, that would only serve their purpose. Then they would be martyrs to their cause, and could whine to the media that they're being victimized and persecuted. Better to leave them alive, as ridiculous as that sounds. (But they shouldn't be able to walk away unscathed!)

Old 10-16-2010, 09:26 AM

10,607 posts, read 11,677,862 times
Protest the protesters, they're using the Constitution and their freedom of speech to do this, so people can do the same to them, go to where their church is and protest them and at the same time have their tax exempt status revoked because they are making a political statement which as a religious organization they're not supposed to be doing, so let the IRS investigate them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality