Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2011, 10:34 PM

4,346 posts, read 6,619,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Because they are all Muslims, MC. The reverse colonization of Great Britain will be complete in another decade.

It will officially be renamed Britishtan, as the Union Jack will be stamped with a crescent as it's hoisted atop the Westminster Mosque This is when they will recoin the famous idiom and proceed to call it, "rob Hameed to pay Hassan"

The researcher in the article must be an imbecile if he does not know it already.

Nonetheless, yes, sorry, Christians, you're now officially a minority in the Great Britain that was never great anyway I wish Missus Brown were alive, but one can't wish for too much. I'm happy as long the sun sets I guess LMAO.

If Tony were to visit the capital Englishbad again, he will learn to eat his humble kabob.
Last census (2001) the Muslim pop was at 3 percent. Do you really think it will soon be a majority (I don't know - I don't keep up). I'm curious what the 2011 census reveals. I suspect the current minority status of Christianity is mostly due to the English moving away from Christian dogma due to the ever arriving/slow ascent of "the age of reason".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 06:09 AM

4,348 posts, read 7,357,862 times
I think the count coming so soon after the Pope’s visit, and the anger over how much tax money was spent on his visit during an economic crisis had a lot to do with the nonreligious swing. There had been significant press on the cost which I think was 20,000,000 pounds, and why the pope was not covering it himself. Than the movement to have him arrested and a public who is aware of the RCC’s historic abuses, brought new live into the move and acceptance of rejecting religion. I wish we could see such a move in the US.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:32 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,020,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
No one besides yourself believes you are smarter than Dawkins, or that Dawkins isn't bright.

You're attack isn't successful because it isn't credible.
I don't think Dawkins is bright either. He is the quintessential type of atheist that I cannot peacefully co-exist with because he is intolerant of the fact that everyone has a right to their own world view.

Old 01-23-2011, 06:38 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,020,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I think you are giving churches too much credit...Even here in Canada where gay marriage has been legal since 2005, most churches will not perform same sex marriages. Why do you suppose that is?
There are many churches that would not perform a marriage for me, even though I am heterosexual. Why? Because I am not a member and do not subscribe to their dogmas and doctrine. Is that really so hard to understand. Should we force churches to do anything, really?

Old 01-23-2011, 06:51 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,236,701 times
Originally Posted by Heartsong
Quote:
He is the quintessential type of atheist that I cannot peacefully co-exist with because he is intolerant of the fact that everyone has a right to their own world view.
The question then is whether everyone has the right to their own world view?
I mean, does a Nazi have the right to insist that all Jews belong in a death camp?

Quote:
Should we force churches to do anything, really?
Are you saying that we shouldn't force the church to do the right thing?
For example: should the RCC keep ignoring their paedophile priests who can't keep their hands off the children who come to their churches?

Old 01-23-2011, 11:40 PM

1,604 posts, read 3,886,538 times
Why do you act as thought this is a thing to celebrate? If you ask me the loss of a religion is the loss of a culture and is something to be mourned.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:36 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,862,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
The question then is whether everyone has the right to their own world view?
I mean, does a Nazi have the right to insist that all Jews belong in a death camp?
Yes he does have that right....but he doesn't have the right to 'respect' for his belief.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:49 AM

33,548 posts, read 37,151,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Because it goes against Scripture.
No, it's because churches are bigoted, and have always been.

Old 01-24-2011, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
There are many churches that would not perform a marriage for me, even though I am heterosexual. Why? Because I am not a member and do not subscribe to their dogmas and doctrine. Is that really so hard to understand. Should we force churches to do anything, really?
See my answer to Jimmie...I have never said that churches should be forced to do anything, but churches are not the only ones that marry...

Old 01-24-2011, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jknic View Post
Why do you act as thought this is a thing to celebrate? If you ask me the loss of a religion is the loss of a culture and is something to be mourned.
You have you opinion and I have mine...The loss of religion is cause for celebration, but it does not mean the loss of culture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality