Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2011, 04:03 AM

16,427 posts, read 22,263,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
now let me ask you the same question,do you think that christianity is any better than any other religion for finding the truth,
.. if your awnser is yes then you are a hypocrite.
Shiva, according to the Swasthani, is on his second wife and spends much of his time getting stoned on ganja in Gokarna Forest. Is this the truth you speak of? Or perhaps you are talking about the truth of girls given to ritual temple prostitution as Devadasis? Or perhaps the truth of the murderous Thugees who strangled innocent wayfarers in worship of Kali?

I prefer the truth of Jesus Christ.

Last edited by Bideshi; 01-07-2011 at 04:18 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2011, 04:56 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,255,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Shiva, according to the Swasthani, is on his second wife and spends much of his time getting stoned on ganja in Gokarna Forest. Is this the truth you speak of? Or perhaps you are talking about the truth of girls given to ritual temple prostitution as Devadasis? Or perhaps the truth of the murderous Thugees who strangled innocent wayfarers in worship of Kali?

I prefer the truth of Jesus Christ.
there is a distinction between the demigods and the supreme Personality of Godhead,lets not blame the acts of man on the Divinity's besides christianity is more responsible for the deaths of thousands over the years,than any other religios group,when do you ever see a Hare krishna goin out murdering someone,they dont even eat meat,because they consider all life as equel.

Last edited by dobeable; 01-07-2011 at 05:27 AM..

Old 01-07-2011, 05:05 AM

Quote:
King Birendra Bikram Deva Shah of Nepal was regarded by the devout Hindus of Nepal as Krishna incarnate. He was shot dead in June 2001. So, do those devout Hindus now consider Krishna as dead?
the only real representation of Krishna is through the disciplic succsession,many Hindu's consider ordinary men to be divinity's and this is a fault on their part,Krishna was no ordinary human being.

not every hindu is a Vaishnava or Brahmana,the word hindu is not even in the sanskrit language,it was a word givin to the indians bye the english for conviniance,in other words india can recognise 33 million demigods and each one is considered a hindu,even though the spiritual practices very.
it would be like putting all the different religions of the world under a single name.

Krishna explains in the gita the difference between worshiping demigods''men of small knowledge worship the demigods for material gain''

Old 01-07-2011, 05:07 AM

christians like attacking other religions because they feel that theirs is the only true religion

Old 01-07-2011, 05:58 AM

16,427 posts, read 22,263,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
christians like attacking other religions because they feel that theirs is the only true religion
Salvation through Jesus Christ is the only truth. If the uncountable gods and godesses of Brahmaism have any existence in reality, then they are demons wishing to be worshiped as gods. The correct spelling is Christian. I at least accord your belief the respect of capitalizing Brahmaism. I had refrained from citing the horrible human sacrifices and sutee* common in the past, until you made the usual charge against Christianity as being responsible for more deaths than any other. Christianity does not teach killing others (regardless of what men calling themselves Christian may do). Shanti Bai

*When a man dies, his wife or wives are expected to throw themselves on the deceased husbands funeral pyre and be burned alive. Though outlawed years ago, it is still practised by many to this day.

Last edited by Bideshi; 01-07-2011 at 06:17 AM..

Old 01-07-2011, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Salvation through Jesus Christ is the only truth. If the uncountable gods and godesses of Brahmaism have any existence in reality, then they are demons wishing to be worshiped as gods. The correct spelling is Christian. I at least accord your belief the respect of capitalizing Brahmaism. I had refrained from citing the horrible human sacrifices and sutee* common in the past, until you made the usual charge against Christianity as being responsible for more deaths than any other. Christianity does not teach killing others (regardless of what men calling themselves Christian may do). Shanti Bai

*When a man dies, his wife or wives are expected to throw themselves on the deceased husbands funeral pyre and be burned alive. Though outlawed years ago, it is still practised by many to this day.
i think you should realy do some reaserch on what your trying to put out,devotees of Krishna do not teach violance at all,infact they teach Love and not only teach Love but Love of Godhead,and not only talk about it,but practice it,they teach the science of self realization,and God lives deep within the self,and as an act of non-violance they dont even kill animals,including fish and egs,they take on renunciation including cellabacy,which is a choice rather than something thats forced upon them,they can always go back to havin sex if they want but this contaminates the mind and senses and twarths ones process through spiritual realisation,so your claims of prostitutes in a Vaishnava temple are ludicrous,although you didnt say a vaishnava temple,but you assumed that all hindus are the same didnt ya now.

what about all those witch hunts over the years,the crusades,the slaughtering of the native americans,and so on,christianity has alot to answer for.

i suppose jesus is the only way is He,and if you dont beleive then your goin to burn forever are you,well m8 if thats ther case then i feel sorry for all those who beleive such non-sense,.

dont go writing things about things that you obviously dont understand,and about how great christianity is and how stupid every other religion is because your just giving your fellow christians a bad name.

Old 01-07-2011, 10:33 AM

9,496 posts, read 12,956,524 times
Default Huh? Whaaaa?

I'm trying to rationalize the last few pages of posts, mostly witnessing a heated duel between Christian and Hindu, with the OP's statement. Where am I missing out pray tell?

Old 01-07-2011, 11:29 AM

352 posts, read 422,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKramar View Post
Nothing exists.

So I guess not.

In The Name of Allah, The Very Merciful, The All Merciful. As salaamu 'alaikum everyone.

You are saying that nothing exists, so nothing exists! Is that seriously meant to be a paradox?

I'm wondering if you are referring to the impermanence of this present world? In that sense it would be seen as an illusion. Things are formed out of non-existence nothing, and brought into existence.

Salaam. devotee

Old 01-07-2011, 11:45 AM

912 posts, read 829,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
I'm trying to rationalize the last few pages of posts, mostly witnessing a heated duel between Christian and Hindu, with the OP's statement. Where am I missing out pray tell?
Theres nothingness in demand. Behold the fruits of nothingness.

Where there is no focus, nothingness prevails.

There must be focus , The booby prize is in exaltation once again.

Old 01-07-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
ai tell you what happened -me bleedin thread got booby trapped,bye a couple of christians goin off topic and attacking my beleifs,if i thought christianity was up to scratch id of stayed there,but then i wouldnt have had the privelage of learning so much more,they atfacked me and my beleifs ,as they usually do to anyone whos not christian,(not all christians BTW)and i started fighting back,,,

so lets get back to topic and keep these scraps for another please,thank you.

so rifleman,what were you goin to say,you know im all ears,if you keep it simple that is,sometimes me head does be spinning after reading one of your hypotanews,hahaha,im laughin to meself here,i cant even spell that word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality