Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-04-2011, 07:49 PM

20,947 posts, read 19,111,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
So I repeat, where did God come from?
I don't know?

Why not pray about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2011, 07:51 PM

1,838 posts, read 2,256,152 times
just because the material universe's and all that is in them go through stages of creation,maintanence and annihalation dosent mean that the spiritual energy does,

Old 01-04-2011, 07:57 PM

5,420 posts, read 6,524,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dobeable View Post
just because the material universe's and all that is in them go through stages of creation,maintanence and annihalation dosent mean that the spiritual energy does,
Which is basically the same "we don't know" answer, whichever route you go.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:02 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,002,259 times
Quote:
like i said pal in the OP,watched the program and the first thing that was said was,''once you can accept that something can come from nothing',now why should i accept that eh?
The best I can discern from your statement, which appears to be some form of English, is nothing more than the classic -- and classically vacuous -- Argument From Incredulity.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:10 PM

Quote:
thats the difference,ya see your temporary mind and body cant fathom eternity,something that always was and always will be,its inconceivable so theres no point in tryin to explain,the only thing i can say is that he always was,but so are we in some shape or form.
were all eternal,Krishna sais in the Gita''never was there a time when i did not exist,nor you nor any of these kings,nor in the future shall we ever cease to be''
We don't know what the first cause was, whether that first cause is described as the creation of God or the creation of the universe.

Old 01-04-2011, 08:38 PM

122 posts, read 144,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxcar Overkill View Post
So I repeat, where did God come from?

God's names in Islam:

The First and the Last.

The Eternal, The Absolute, The Self-Sufficient.

So there was nothing before God.

The Manifest, The Evident, The Outer

The Hidden, The Unmanifest, The Inner

____

We should change the question to where we do come from.Let's go back to our first creation.God created us from a male and female.How were they created ?Were they created by themselves.Of course no because if it was like that it would be still happenning now.Then who created the first male and female.The answer to that is the creator.If we look around us,we will see God's creation every where and nothing can become by itself.

Do we see our pain?No but we feel it.Not seeing the pain doesn't mean there is no pain.Just feeling there is pain is enough as an evidence there is pain.It is the same thing with the creator,we don't see him,but we see his creation every where.

_

Old 01-04-2011, 08:57 PM

912 posts, read 829,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaylenwoof View Post
There are endless examples of self-organizing systems in the natural world, and a great many mathematical models as well. None of these systems "contain the order or pattern," as such, prior to the emergence of the pattern. Now, of course, the system does contain the constituent elements of the system prior to the emergence of patterns, and perhaps this is what you are talking about.

As for the idea that a "pattern" is only a pattern relative to some subjective feeling or purpose, I might partially agree. But patterns are also objectively real - which is to say, the components are connected however they are connected, and it is just a matter of fact. Now, whether a pattern "means" anything in some larger sense requires a subjective point of view, which my theory addresses by the concept of "qualitative." I refer to a "qualitative primordial chaos," which implies a primordial form of Subjectivity.
Thanks very much. I have a theory with charts utilizing relative differentials in a system. It is complex as well sound. Its difficult to toss out on the table in a post.
The link I'm sending, is a portion in formal description , of which complies with my findings. It is very interesting and very much on topic

Gravity Emerges from Quantum Information, Say Physicists* - Technology Review

Old 01-04-2011, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I don't know?

Why not pray about it?
Because prayer is statistically indistinguishable from just "thinking to yourself."

Old 01-04-2011, 11:25 PM

912 posts, read 829,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Hue View Post
Thanks very much. I have a theory with charts utilizing relative differentials in a system. It is complex as well sound. Its difficult to toss out on the table in a post.
The link I'm sending, is a portion in formal description , of which complies with my findings. It is very interesting and very much on topic.

Gravity Emerges from Quantum Information, Say Physicists* - Technology Review
Posted wrong link, now I can't find the right one so disregard. Will continue

Old 01-05-2011, 12:15 AM

16,155 posts, read 12,915,897 times
Quote:
the closest earth like planet that is near to us would take thousands of years to reach,just because they dont know life is there dosent mean there isnt.
Which means that it must be millions of miles further from the sun than we are. Doesn't that blow your claim that WE, and only WE... are in the perfect position, just the right distance from the Sun??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality