Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 02:39 PM

49 posts, read 45,110 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
I think you need a mirror. Maybe run this by a third party. Just sayin'.

You are saying that religious folk are bigots.
NO.

He said Religion fuels the anti-gay rhetoric.

That is not the same thing as saying that all religious people are homophobic. Some people are religious, but manage to retain a semblance of their common sense.

You need to learn to read, and stop being inflammatory. You do this all over the board, and it's incredibly irritating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 02:48 PM

869 posts, read 975,816 times
Quote:
I think it's funny that you have all these issues with me - and you seem so upset and horrified by my one little comment! I like the commercial. I think the world could do with more love, hope, and understanding. Obviously, you disagree with me on many, many levels!
Yep! But not on the levels you accuse me of. LOL

Quote:
Honestly - judging by your many posts, I really don't value your opinions very much.
Coming from you that's a compliment my friend.

Quote:
I have a very different view of what love is from you. I have a very different understanding of right and wrong. If you want to continue to rail against me - that's okay.
Now I'm railing? Wow! You have a persecution complex. Conversations or differences of opinions are attacks, railings, bigotries. Lighten up for crying out loud before the strain fomented by your wild imagination becomes more than you can bear.

Quote:
I still think it's a good commercial with a good message tha can help ease the pain of many people who think there is no hope and love in the world for them.
OK! I respect your right to your opinion regardless of how my view might differ from it.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:05 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,265,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radrook View Post
Yep! But not on the levels you accuse me of. LOL

Coming from you that's a compliment my friend.

Now I'm railing? Wow! You have a persecution complex. Conversations or differences of opinions are attacks, railings, bigotries. Lighten up for crying out loud before the strain fomented by your wild imagination becomes more than you can bear.

OK! I respect your right to your opinion regardless of how my view might differ from it.
You're funny. I don't have a persecution complex. I just think it's funny that I say that I think the world could use more hope, love, and understanding - and you go off on a tirade! You are still going off on a tirade! Read your posts - you certainly are railing! You can continue to do so - it's okay with me. Like I said - it makes no difference to me. Have a nice day!

Old 05-20-2011, 09:15 PM

Quote:
You're funny. I don't have a persecution complex.
Then why do you tag opposing views as bigotries, railings and tirades? After all, those words indicate that you feel assailed, harassed and threatened.

Quote:
I just think it's funny that I say that I think the world could use more hope, love, and understanding - and you go off on a tirade! You are still going off on a tirade! Read your posts - you certainly are railing!
There you go again Jimmay LOL! "tirade". Now you are being hilarious. Actually, you are infusing more emotion into what I write than I am capable of generating myself. Perhaps because YOU are writing in a huff and puff vehement mode and imagine others doing likewise? Indeed if you could see me typing you would be shocked by the bored almost enigmatic Sphinx-like expression on my face. Anyway, if it makss you happy-imagine what you will.

Quote:
You can continue to do so - it's okay with me. Like I said - it makes no difference to me. Have a nice day!
Likewise my friend and God bless!

Old 05-20-2011, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Then why do you tag opposing views as bigotries, railings and tirades? After all, those words indicate that you feel assailed, harassed and threatened.

There you go again Jimmay LOL! "tirade". Now you are being hilarious. Actually, you are infusing more emotion into what I write than I am capable of generating myself. Perhaps because YOU are writing in a huff and puff vehement mode and imagine others doing likewise? Indeed if you could see me typing you would be shocked by the bored almost enigmatic Sphinx-like expression on my face. Anyway, if it makss you happy-imagine what you will.

Likewise my friend and God bless!
We are on totally different wave lengths. When I say that I find your posts funny - I genuinely mean that I find your posts funny - meaning that I chuckle! I'm not in a huff at all! I find it amusing! I think it's funny that you keep going on and on when the only things that I've really said were that I liked the commercial - and that the world could use more love, hope and understanding. You can disagree with me - and it's obvious that you do - but it really makes no difference to me. I genuinely mean that, too. People disagreeing with me doesn't bother me at all. The world would be boring if we were all the same. I find it odd that anyone would disagree with wanting more love, hope and understanding in the world but to each their own! Keep smiling! I know I am!

Old 05-20-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
We are on totally different wave lengths. When I say that I find your posts funny - I genuinely mean that I find your posts funny - meaning that I chuckle! I'm not in a huff at all! I find it amusing! I think it's funny that you keep going on and on when the only things that I've really said were that I liked the commercial - and that the world could use more love, hope and understanding.
Really? That's ALL you said? I could have sworn you said much more than that by the context within which those words are imbedded. But OK. Let's just say we agree to disagree and leave it at that.

Old 05-20-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Really? That's ALL you said? I could have sworn you said much more than that by the context within which those words are imbedded. But OK. Let's just say we agree to disagree and leave it at that.
This was my first post on here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
I think it's a wonderful commercial that brings tears to my eyes everytime I watch it. The world could use a little bit more love, hope, and understanding.
To which you oddly responded...

Quote:
Does it also bring tears to your eyes when they claim that the Apostle John and Jesus were having coitus?
Like I said, I find it strange that you would have a problem with what I said - but whatever floats your boat.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Like I said, I find it strange that you would have a problem with what I said - but whatever floats your boat.
Obviously what floats yours is defending a group of people who are known for trashing our Lord Jesus Christ. But as I said-let's just agree to disagree and be done with it.

Old 05-20-2011, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Obviously what floats yours is defending a group of people who are known for trashing our Lord Jesus Christ. But as I said-let's just agree to disagree and be done with it.
You're too much! Have a nice day!

Old 05-21-2011, 12:33 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,430,465 times
Quote:
How dare you accuse Christians of finding self esteem per se, and avoidance of suicide offensive. How dare you also suggest that Christians are advocating that such persons be hated. You are either completely ignorant of Christian fundamentals or are purposefully going out of your way to misrepresent in order to further your agenda. Which one is it?

BTW
There is absolutely no scriptural support for Christian hatred of persons simply because those persons might be deemed to be living un-Christian lives. However, pride of onself as a wilful urepentant habitual sinner who disregards biblical counsel is indeed condemned and certainly not encouraged.
Yet another strawman.

A veritable cornfield full of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality