Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 04:03 PM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,634,594 times

Advertisements

How can anyone say that Jesus was a prophet? He said he was the Son of God/Man. He either was a liar, lunatic, or he was who he says he was.

Well as a liar, why would he die on the cross for something he lied about? Nothing to gain there after you are dead.

If some man came to you and said he was the Son of God/Man, you would lock him up immediately before he handed out the Kool-Aid.

Bottom line, the Muslims belief that Jesus was just a prophet is ludicrous. Jesus, himself, said he was the Son of God/Man, so if he wasn't, then he was plum looney. Would you sit down and take notes of the words spoken by a lunatic? Would you try to understand the prophecies of a nut? I don't think so.

Of course, I happen to believe that Jesus wasn't a liar or a lunatic. Even Islam agrees with that statement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 04:27 PM

718 posts, read 2,689,770 times
i was told by muslims that they believe christ was a prophet and will return, but is not the sun of god.

Old 12-11-2007, 04:32 PM
juj

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatealoneskatetogether View Post
i was told by muslims that they believe christ was a prophet and will return, but is not the sun of god.
That's my point. Jesus simply cannot be just a prophet. Besides, prophets are just wise men, are they not? They live, say prophetic stuff, and die. How do they come back?

Old 12-11-2007, 11:57 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,240,899 times
All prophets may well have been lunatics, but not every lunatic is a prophet.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:50 PM

919 posts, read 3,186,151 times
Their religion is a very peaceful religion the media lies bout it, most I known are kind and very good hearted people...

Old 12-13-2007, 05:25 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,377,955 times
I am muslim,

Many Muslims believe Prophet Jesus will return. The Mahdi != jesus (thats programmer talk for not equal)

To the person who made the comparison of new and old testament and peace and such and the lack there of in the Quran, I suggest you actually take time out to read it before making such statements, or not, this is the internet after all :S

Some Muslims do not believe that Prophet Jesus will return but this is not a popular belief.

Jesus said he was the was the son of God but this term was used by a lot of people in the bible, it was not unique to him.

Old 12-13-2007, 07:37 PM

919 posts, read 3,186,151 times
i never knew muslims believed in jesus, do you also believe he is coming to save us and that he died for our sins as the christians do? I find this interesting.....

Old 12-13-2007, 08:47 PM
juj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
I am muslim,

Many Muslims believe Prophet Jesus will return. The Mahdi != jesus (thats programmer talk for not equal)

To the person who made the comparison of new and old testament and peace and such and the lack there of in the Quran, I suggest you actually take time out to read it before making such statements, or not, this is the internet after all :S

Some Muslims do not believe that Prophet Jesus will return but this is not a popular belief.

Jesus said he was the was the son of God but this term was used by a lot of people in the bible, it was not unique to him.
Who else said it?

Old 12-13-2007, 08:54 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,377,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaharbour View Post
i never knew muslims believed in jesus, do you also believe he is coming to save us and that he died for our sins as the christians do? I find this interesting.....
1. no

2. no

Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
Who else said it?
link

Old 12-14-2007, 09:51 AM
juj

Default Christians - Give It Some Thought

link[/quote]

That link is useless. All it mention is that Alexander the Great and the Augustus, Caesar of Rome, said they were. It mentions the Old testement, but gives no examples. Give me an example.

In addition, Jesus wasn't speaking metaphorically, he spoke and his apostles understood him to be the actual Son of God. To reduce Jesus to just another guy who said he was the son of God, is well, insulting.

Jesus walked the earth 600 years before Mohammed. The Christians for 600 years understood Jesus to be THE Son of God. If we share the same God, then why would God retract everything he told his people for 600 years, so that Mohammed could have his own religion. Was that a God head fake? It's simply ludicrous.

Any man who murdered and plundered the land and it's people cannot be a prophet of MY God.

There is no free will in Islam. Without free will, there is no true love of God if you are forced to do so. You are just puppets going through the motions. If people decide to leave Islam, they are executed. Nice religion. So peaceful. Islam is certainly less complicated on the surface than Christianity, but you have Imam's that tell you everything including how to wipe your butt. My God has given me the gift of free will. If your really love something, you must let it go, so that one day it will come back with true, unconditional love.

Islam says that western society is corrupt and empty, while Iraq has just been named the third most corrupt nation in the world. Must be those 3 Christians who are still there and haven't been run out of town.

LISTEN TO ME NOW CHRISTIAN FOLKS. YOU BETTER STARTING MAKING MORE THAN 1.5 CHILDREN PER COUPLE. THE MUSLIMS ARE HAVING 4-8 CHILDREN PER FAMILY. THEY ARE MAKING A CONCERTED EFFORT OF TAKING THE WORLD OVER BY MAKING MORE OF THEMSELVES FASTER THAN CHRISTIANS. CLEVER, REALLY. NO BLOODSHED, BUT THE END RESULTS IS THE SAME - SHARIA LAW IN TRADITIONALLY WESTERN COUNTRIES. YOUR CHILDREN'S CHILDREN WILL LIVE IN A WORLD WHERE DAD'S CHOKE THEIR SIXTEEN YEAR OLD DAUGHTERS TO DEATH BECAUSE THEY WON'T WEAR A HEAD SCARF. IT'S COMING IF WE DON'T START DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT NOW. YES, IT'S A BIG SACRIFICE, BUT THE UNITED STATES AND ESPECIALLY EUROPE AS WE KNOW IT WILL FALL INTO THE ABYSS OF ISLAM.

I know this sounds like conspiracy theory stuff, but I assure you I am not a nut case. Muslims are already talking about London becoming a Muslim city by 2055. London, England, a Muslim city? Can you live with that? I can't. So Christian folks, if you think we can all just get along, then you are naive. Yes, most Christians can get along with anyone. I grew up in New York City, where everybody was from somewhere else. I don't have a problem with Islam as long as they respect my faith and my way of doing things. The fact is Islam by nature is intolerant and cannot coexist with other faiths. There are few middle eastern countries left that have a substantial Christian population left outside of maybe Lebanon and parts of Syria. The Christians used to be the majority in that region, but have been systematically run out, persecuted, and killed. Don't believe me. Check out this link and click on the Middle East country of your choice and then do a search on the word "Religion":

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/countrylisting.html (broken link)

Europe is next. Then comes the North America. Sounds crazy, huh? London, England, a Muslim city by 2055, that sounds crazy, too, but with the current birth rates, that WILL be a reality.

Christians, please give it some thought. Beside, kids are so much more important than stuff anyway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality