Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2007, 10:18 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,395,250 times

Advertisements

juj,

you know absolutely nothing about Islam and that manifesto you typed proves that fact

I will not answer any of your statements but only urge anyone interested in Islam feel free to DM me or pick up a book written by a MUSLIM scholar. If you want specific books or names, again feel free to contact me direct.

Any other questions about what Muslims believe in relation to Prophet Jesus please feel free to post it here and I will answer.

Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 10:28 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,394,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post

LISTEN TO ME NOW CHRISTIAN FOLKS. YOU BETTER STARTING MAKING MORE THAN 1.5 CHILDREN PER COUPLE. THE MUSLIMS ARE HAVING 4-8 CHILDREN PER FAMILY. THEY ARE MAKING A CONCERTED EFFORT OF TAKING THE WORLD OVER BY MAKING MORE OF THEMSELVES FASTER THAN CHRISTIANS.
Wow. I hadn't heard. If I raise 10 atheist children, will that help you out?

Quote:
I know this sounds like conspiracy theory stuff, but I assure you I am not a nut case.
Oh good, I was worried there for a second.

Quote:
Muslims are already talking about London becoming a Muslim city by 2055. London, England, a Muslim city? Can you live with that? I can't.
GASP! Not LONDON! Oh, wait, who cares about London's religious bent? Not me.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:23 AM
juj

1,657 posts, read 2,637,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by b. frank View Post
Wow. I hadn't heard. If I raise 10 atheist children, will that help you out?
That's a trick question. Birth rates for atheists fall as low as .5 children per couple, so having 10 children is never going to happen if the parents are atheists.

"Those who believe in nothing, will fall for everything."

Quote:
Oh good, I was worried there for a second.
I like funny, that was funny.

Quote:
GASP! Not LONDON! Oh, wait, who cares about London's religious bent? Not me.
Ah, the complacent. The world will will be handed to you in whatever form it is.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:30 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,257,745 times
Quote:
The joke is on you, because if you believe in everything you'll also fall for everything which is not true.
Therefore it is impossible for an atheist to believe in nothing and fall for everything.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:37 AM

2,957 posts, read 7,394,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juj View Post
That's a trick question. Birth rates for atheists fall as low as .5 children per couple, so having 10 children is never going to happen if the parents are atheists.

A trick question? I assure you that whatever statistics you are using, they do not determine an individual's reproductive ability. Also, that's a pretty ridiculous quote - who said it?

Quote:
Ah, the complacent. The world will will be handed to you in whatever form it is.
It certainly will be. You say complacency. I say adaptability and survival. And it is true that I have no interest in which religion is pronounced in the city of London, England. I really couldn't care, and the same goes for every other nation in the world. I'll be happy only when NO religion pervades the lands.

You may find that your warnings to concerned Christians would be more appreciated over in the "Christianity" sub-forum. But I hope not.

Old 12-14-2007, 11:42 AM
juj

Default And Peace Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
juj,

you know absolutely nothing about Islam and that manifesto you typed proves that fact

I will not answer any of your statements but only urge anyone interested in Islam feel free to DM me or pick up a book written by a MUSLIM scholar. If you want specific books or names, again feel free to contact me direct.

Any other questions about what Muslims believe in relation to Prophet Jesus please feel free to post it here and I will answer.

Peace
And Peace be with You

True, I know little about Islam, but you folks sure aren't selling it very well. I see Saudi Arabia at 100% Muslim, Turkey at over 98%, etc (Check the link and see for yourself, you probably haven't, have you?) and come to the conclusion that there is clearly precious little room for Christians and Jews in Muslim countries. You might say they sold it VERY well and that's why Islam dominates in these countries. That can't be true since if they shared the same culture, but just had different religions, then the Christian and Jewish populations would have grown too leaving current populations with about the same percentage. But of course, that is not the case. Some people say it's culture that causes this, not Islam. But Islam is way more than a religion and you know it. It's a religion, a culture, a set of laws, a way of governing, and a way of life all rolled up into one.

You still didn't answer the question of why Jesus said that he was the Son of God and world believed it so until Mohammed came and said that he was just a prophet. Jesus can't be both the Son of God and a prophet. Did God mislead all these folks for 600 years? And why was Mohammed such a violent man? People say that Christians killed many muslims. This is true, but Jesus never killed any one.

I look forward to your answer.

Old 12-14-2007, 12:32 PM
juj

Quote:
A trick question? I assure you that whatever statistics you are using, they do not determine an individual's reproductive ability. Also, that's a pretty ridiculous quote - who said it?

It certainly will be. You say complacency. I say adaptability and survival. And it is true that I have no interest in which religion is pronounced in the city of London, England. I really couldn't care, and the same goes for every other nation in the world. I'll be happy only when NO religion pervades the lands.

You may find that your warnings to concerned Christians would be more appreciated over in the "Christianity" sub-forum. But I hope not.
In a Judaeo/Christian society you can be anything you want to be. Society doesn't care if your atheist. For the most part I don't either since traditionally in this society Christians and atheist get along just fine. But I tell you in eventually in Europe, that if you don't pick your religion soon, that in the future a religion will be picked for you and your children. And it won't have anything to do with Jesus.

Besides, why would I go to that forum? That would be preaching to the choir and that's no fun.

Old 12-14-2007, 12:44 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,257,745 times
Quote:
In a Judaeo/Christian society you can be anything you want to be.
Uhm, I don't think this is entirely correct. I believe that in the US doctors who perform abortions risk serious injury and that it still is unacceptable that a gay man or woman can become a priest.

Old 12-14-2007, 01:00 PM

54,500 posts, read 33,912,259 times
I knew a couple of Muslim students in the late 1970's when I was going to college, and from what I can remember, they believed that Jesus is not the Son of God, but just another prophet, and I seem to recall one of them telling me the same thing somebody else mentioned here, that God took Jesus up to heaven before the Romans got to him, and God put Judas Escariot in his place to suffer the crucifiction. On Jesus' return and what they believe in, I do remember them telling me pretty much the same thing we believe about his return. It's been 30 years, but I seem to recall them mentioning some scripture from the Quran about God's judgement, and it won't come upon us until "The Son of Mary returns".

Old 12-14-2007, 05:52 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,395,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
I knew a couple of Muslim students in the late 1970's when I was going to college, and from what I can remember, they believed that Jesus is not the Son of God, but just another prophet, and I seem to recall one of them telling me the same thing somebody else mentioned here, that God took Jesus up to heaven before the Romans got to him, and God put Judas Escariot in his place to suffer the crucifiction. On Jesus' return and what they believe in, I do remember them telling me pretty much the same thing we believe about his return. It's been 30 years, but I seem to recall them mentioning some scripture from the Quran about God's judgement, and it won't come upon us until "The Son of Mary returns".
The Judas theory is not something believed in or espoused my the majority of Muslims. Also the Quran does not say that judgment day is contingent upon Prophet Jesus's return. It says that Jesus will witness against those who said he was god.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality