Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 04:13 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,788,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekerSA View Post
In this thread and you did not answer the question.

Saved from what?

What have I done to deserve eternal damnation?
I've answered the second question at least twice, including post #48.

Saved from what?

Romans 5:9

“Since we have now been justified by His blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through Him!”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2012, 04:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmont View Post
So? My parents created me and they're not right all of the time. What if God created the world poorly? I'm going to need more, considering how so much of the texts about him portray him as a monster.
God is the Creator (capital C). If He created everything we see & know, including life itself, what right do we have to tell Him if He was right/wrong? Does the object tell the creator (small c) how to do his job?

Old 01-11-2012, 04:41 PM

1,816 posts, read 2,513,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
God is the Creator (capital C). If He created everything we see & know, including life itself, what right do we have to tell Him if He was right/wrong? Does the object tell the creator (small c) how to do his job?
We have the right to judge any creator because we have the ability to reason and form opinions. If the creator is doing his job poorly, then it is up to the created to tell him so. And morally, the god you worship is just flat out evil.

Have you read any about the Gnostic sects that were running around back in the day? The reason I bring it up is because their cosmology does acknowledge an imperfect creator.

Old 01-11-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillmont View Post
We have the right to judge any creator because we have the ability to reason and form opinions. If the creator is doing his job poorly, then it is up to the created to tell him so. And morally, the god you worship is just flat out evil.

Have you read any about the Gnostic sects that were running around back in the day? The reason I bring it up is because their cosmology does acknowledge an imperfect creator.
In reality, there's not one thing you can do about it.

Old 01-11-2012, 06:07 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
Quote:
I answered that earlier.
Yes. The difference is, God will not hold my sin against me because of my faith in Christ's redemptive work.
You missed the point. The point was, you sin. Even as a Christian, who believes in Jesus's redemptive work, you still sin. So.... in response to your claim that it would be spiritualy impossible for someone to be a murderer and rapist, and still be saved, it WOULD be possible.

Quote:
I can agree with the bolded. Only the Creator knows our true intentions. Nevertheless, if you reject God, there is no other avenue for redemption.
I don't reject God at all, infact, I welcome him! It's just that there is no evidence of him. An omnipotent God should have no trouble materializing infront of me and letting me know that he is infact out there. Despite of my many requests, he has failed to do so. He has an open invitation though.

Quote:
I have a question for you. If you were God, would you let a repentant murderer into Heaven?
Oh....where even to begin? Of I were God, whether someone believed in me would be of very little importance. Whether they gave praise to me wou8ld also be of very little importance. What WOULD be of importance however, would be the true nature of the human being themselves, of their heart, of their mind, etc. etc. So, if a murderer infact did have a change of heart, and became a good person not only on the outside but on the inside, yes, he would have a spot in heaven.

Old 01-11-2012, 08:56 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdaelectro View Post
Faith in Christ alone. There is nothing that we can do to earn Gods favor. Christ did that for us.

My favorite book James, does say faith w/o works is dead. This is merely saying that works will be the result of our faith and salvation, not the other way around.
That sounds more correct to me. I eschew teaching derived from dogma but have accepted that anything one 'does' is a fairly useless activity - other than its own goodness. Faith requires no action, no proof. It's yours to become. The 'use' of faith devalues it strength. Your faith alone will create the good works.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:15 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,215,344 times
Quote:
I've answered the second question at least twice, including post #48.

Saved from what?

Romans 5:9

“Since we have now been justified by His blood, how much more shall we be saved from God's wrath through Him!”
Blood sacrifice is a pagan and archaic concept not to mention that human sacrifice was not kosher anyway.

Pointless citing scripture as it has no authority.

And your jesus simply went on a hiatus for less than two days, that hardly constitutes a sacrifice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality