Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2012, 11:59 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,966,764 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
This shows that the ark probably would have survived in the ocean in storm conditions. However when they compensate from the leakage factor that a wooden ship would have it sinks. The fact is 6000 years ago the technology to build a waterproof ship that could withstand nearly a year in the sea just did not exist. Not to mention what the hell would they be drinking or eating for several months? How would they have enough room to store that many animals,plus food, plus maintain basic hygiene?
Obviously they had the technology back then to build the ark so it could survive anything thrown at it because we are here today due to them making it through the world-wide flood.

They'd be drinking water and rum for several months and eating what they brought on board.

They had an ark the size of a WWII air-craft carrier so they had plenty of room to store the animals, plus food, plus maintain basic hygiene.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA
Nor do I. I have told you that is a fantasy with no resemblance to evolution theory. That you repeat the same nonsense as well as come out with it in the first place is eloquent evidence of what sort of 'reality' you have a grasp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I'm becoming convinced that we are dealing with a troll here, as I don't think anyone can be that dim.
You shouldn't speak of AREQUIPA that way.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:09 PM

16,155 posts, read 12,857,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I'm becoming convinced that we are dealing with a troll here, ......
No shadow of a doubt about that.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:11 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Obviously they had the technology back then to build the ark so it could survive anything thrown at it because we are here today due to them making it through the world-wide flood.

They'd be drinking water and rum for several months and eating what they brought on board.

They had an ark the size of a WWII air-craft carrier so they had plenty of room to store the animals, plus food, plus maintain basic hygiene.
Well even an aircraft carrier is not going to remain out at sea with no reprovisions for nearly a year. And an aircraft carrier is more than twice the size of noahs mythical ark . Not to mention where is this evidence of technology among neolithic sites that show the ability to produce a ship that size, and provision it?

Old 04-02-2012, 12:12 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,279,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafius View Post
No shadow of a doubt about that.
I am beginning to agree with you.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:29 PM

3,483 posts, read 4,044,902 times
Quote:
I also wonder just hot noah and his brood managed to repopulate the world with far more advanced concepts then before the flood.
Oh, they probably removed the interruptus from coitus, and that sped things along.

Old 04-02-2012, 12:36 PM

50,088 posts, read 20,717,984 times
Quote:
You shouldn't speak of AREQUIPA that way.
Arequipa is not deceived. Nice cartoon by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
Oh, they probably removed the interruptus from coitus, and that sped things along.
Lolled.

Quote:
Not to mention that these stones are not mentioned in genesis and only come from the koran reading of the flood story. A time in while nautical knowledge was a tad more advanced.
Good point. While Eusebius is fighting for his faith like a berserker crusader, inventing anything needed to keep his Ark afloat, Genesis mentions wood, pitch and three decks, but no rudder or drogue - stones, let alone metal bracing to stop the thing breaking like a honeycomb choc bar at the first wave. What's the Quranic reading Btw?

14Make thee an ark of gopher wood; rooms shalt thou make in the ark, and shalt pitch it within and without with pitch. 15And this is the fashion which thou shalt make it of: The length of the ark shall be three hundred cubits, the breadth of it fifty cubits, and the height of it thirty cubits.
16A window shalt thou make to the ark, and in a cubit shalt thou finish it above; and the door of the ark shalt thou set in the side thereof; with lower, second, and third stories shalt thou make it.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 04-02-2012 at 12:54 PM..

Old 04-02-2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Well even an aircraft carrier is not going to remain out at sea with no reprovisions for nearly a year.
Who said Noah remained out at sea with no provisions for 370 days? He had seeds because soon after he got out of the ark he planted a vineyard.

Quote:
And an aircraft carrier is more than twice the size of noahs mythical ark .
Noah's ark was as large as a small World War II air craft carrier.

Quote:
Not to mention where is this evidence of technology among neolithic sites that show the ability to produce a ship that size, and provision it?
The problem is they are looking in neolithic sites.

Many years prior to the world wide flood they were, at the very least, working with copper and iron:

Gen 4:22 And Zillah, moreover, she bears Tubalcain, a forger of every tool of copper and iron. And the sister of Tubalcain is Naamah.
Archaeology has confirmed that Man entered the metal age during the Neolithic age in Europe, Asia Minor, and the Middle East. It is contended here that the Flood of Noah brought the Neolithic age to a sudden and dramatic close. This, therefore, confirms the Biblical thesis that man had entered the metal age prior to the Flood for we read, "Zillah also had a son, Tubal Cain, who forged all kinds of tools out of bronze and iron" (Genesis 4:22 NIV). The Hebrew word for bronze denotes both pure copper and or bronze. This definition would be in compliance with the copper tools of the Neolithic Age. The Iron Age is considered by archaeologists to be much later and would equate with the Egyptian Intermediate age (see Figure 2). The Hebrew word here could mean iron or metal. However, the Neolithic Vinca people who lived along the Danube River in Europe supported the mining of gold, copper and tin for export to the Near East. Vere Childe, a famous British pre-historian and archaeologist, was impressed by the pins, earrings and daggers with artistic style that reminded him of Palestinian and Asian handiwork. The oldest metallurgical mine in the world was discovered at Medzamor in Soviet Armenia. It is believed to be of Neolithic age. At this mine, craftsamen worked with copper, bronze, lead, zinc, iron, gold, tin, arsenic, antimony and manganese. Genesis International Research - Archaeological Evidences of Pre-Flood Civilizations

Last edited by Eusebius; 04-02-2012 at 01:24 PM..

Old 04-02-2012, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post

Good point. While Eusebius is fighting for his faith like a berserker crusader, inventing anything needed to keep his Ark afloat, Genesis mentions wood, pitch and three decks, but no rudder or drogue - stones, let alone metal bracing to stop the thing breaking like a honeycomb choc bar at the first wave. What's the Quranic reading Btw?
Genesis also does not mention Noah or his family taking a crap either. Do you think that proves they didn't?

I'm not fighting for my faith. I'm fighting against insanity which says it is impossible to build a viable 450 foot long ark.

Old 04-02-2012, 01:33 PM

278 posts, read 357,682 times
Quote:
Genesis also does not mention Noah or his family taking a crap either. Do you think that proves they didn't?

I'm not fighting for my faith. I'm fighting against insanity which says it is impossible to build a viable 450 foot long ark.
I don't doubt you could. I only doubt that it could stay viable with every kind of animal on earth stuffed on it. In engineering, there is a maximum carrying capacity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.