Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 02:22 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,959,911 times

Advertisements

Jews for Jesus are Jews. Just because you say they aren't proves nothing.

Not only that, but the Scriptures are clear creation was out of God, not out of nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post
MOVED ON! - all has been answered in the OP and links.
You don't tell me what to do kiddo.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:26 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
You don't tell me what to do kiddo.
I did't - 'moved on!' refers to me old fart. I thought you had a reading comprehension problem - I mean just look at what you do with Hebrew grammar.

Old 05-02-2012, 02:29 PM

Quote:
I did't - 'moved on!' refers to me old fart. I thought you had a reading comprehension problem - I mean just look at what you do with Hebrew grammar.
I did nothing with Hebrew grammar.

Look up the Hebrew word for "became" in the whole Old Testament and note each instance and you will kindly note it does not mean "was" as the KJV states as in "the earth was formless."

Old 05-02-2012, 02:30 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,361,712 times
Quote:
Jews for Jesus are Jews. Just because you say they aren't proves nothing.
I know Chrstians believe that. But find me one Jew who believes that? Just one proper Jew that believes Jews for Jesus people are Jews.

It's easy for a group of Chrstians like jews for Jesus to self-define themselves as Jews. The tricky part is to get someone from the group you want to be a part of to confirm it. And I assure you, Eusubius, you will not find any Jews who believe Jews for Jesus people are Jewish.

**The only reason I diverge from the original topic of this thread, is to demonstrate you have no credibility. If you can't even tell who is Jewish and who is not, how are we supposed to believe any of your points of a more difficult theological nature than who is a Jew?

Old 05-02-2012, 02:41 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
I did nothing with Hebrew grammar.

Look up the Hebrew word for "became" in the whole Old Testament and note each instance and you will kindly note it does not mean "was" as the KJV states as in "the earth was formless."
Wow! you really do not get what is being said here. Verse 2 of Genesis CANNOT be translated with the word 'became' - get that in your thick skull Is.45:18 is about the creation AFTER SIX DAYS. Frankly, I gave you plenty of reading material - I am done with you and your irrelevant and strawman tactics.

COMPLETELY MOVED ON!

Old 05-02-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Wow! you really do not get what is being said here. Verse 2 of Genesis CANNOT be translated with the word 'became' - get that in your thick skull Is.45:18 is about the creation AFTER SIX DAYS. Frankly, I gave you plenty of reading material - I am done with you and your irrelevant and strawman tactics.

COMPLETELY MOVED ON!
Of course hayah/hawyaw can mean "became." All one need do is look up every reference in the O.T. where that Hebrew word is present.

It isn't a strawman.

Isaiah 45:18 is actually about Genesis 1:1. God didn't create the earth a chaos. After He created it to be inhabited, then the earth BECAME chaos. The rest of the chapter is about making it habitable again.

I don't care about reams of studies. Just look up each verse where the Hebrew word is and you will see that "became" is the best word to use, not "was."

Don't get so upset.

God did not create the earth out of nothing.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theflipflop View Post
I know Chrstians believe that. But find me one Jew who believes that? Just one proper Jew that believes Jews for Jesus people are Jews.

It's easy for a group of Chrstians like jews for Jesus to self-define themselves as Jews. The tricky part is to get someone from the group you want to be a part of to confirm it. And I assure you, Eusubius, you will not find any Jews who believe Jews for Jesus people are Jewish.

**The only reason I diverge from the original topic of this thread, is to demonstrate you have no credibility. If you can't even tell who is Jewish and who is not, how are we supposed to believe any of your points of a more difficult theological nature than who is a Jew?
Look bub, the Jews themselves who believe in Jesus are still Jews. The Jews call themselves Jews. Christians didn't call them Jews who believe In Jesus, they did that themselves. They are Jews who believe in Jesus who also was a Jew.

Are you saying that that if Jesus believed in Himself He all of a sudden was not a Jew?

Old 05-02-2012, 03:08 PM

5,421 posts, read 6,501,132 times
Quote:
Look bub, the Jews themselves who believe in Jesus are still Jews. The Jews call themselves Jews. Christians didn't call them Jews who believe In Jesus, they did that themselves. They are Jews who believe in Jesus who also was a Jew.

Are you saying that that if Jesus believed in Himself He all of a sudden was not a Jew?
If you believed in Mohammed and Allah, would you still be a Christian?

Old 05-02-2012, 03:21 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,361,712 times
Quote:

Find me one single Jew who believes it's possible for a jew to believe in Jesus, and you win the arguement. If you can only provide "Jews" for Jesus to back up your point, then you fail to prove your point.

Why do Chrstians have such a hard time with this concept? The same applies to our bibles. If you can prove a Chrstian point using the Jewish bible, then you win the point, as we both believe in the validity of the jewish bible (even if you mistranslate it and call it the OT). But if you have to use a disputed source (only Chrstians believe in the validity of the NT), then how have you proven anything?

Same applies to Jews for Jesus. We both agree that the opinion of a Jew on the matter would settle the discussion. Only a Chrstian would think that a Jew for Jesus is actually a Jew - so that's not a valid source to back your point.

Come on bub, you can do this! Put in some effort and try to use a source we both can agree on to prove your point. I'm rooting for you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality