Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 01:25 PM

7,855 posts, read 10,289,193 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Free will by evil people. God will not allow us to have free will then take it away. Evil people exist and that is a fact.
what free will had the children being pushed into chambers at belsen ?

the cliched " free will " line only works for those who had the power , the perpetrators , its doesnt remotley adress the question , why did god allow the hollocause to happen ?

Old 04-28-2012, 01:48 PM

496 posts, read 483,657 times
The only way to believe a higher power exits in a rational way, is to eliminate the capability in comprehending all inter-connecting particulars in mans absolute lack of reason in motion.

This would satisfy the All Knowing as...there is nothing of value to know in madness. Madness is without reason . An impossible association-interaction for absolute reason

The higher power would be all about the victims in their almost impossible and desperate reaching out for reason. A reason which is without in the exchange by a demonstrated cut off , a rejection. This tragedy is the worst of all possible in mans experience and demonstrates the absence of god-reason in every way, save the innocent reach for god-reason himself.

In asking why does god not interfere, we are also including a necessary translation. How for example could the madness of bundy within an act, be explained to an all innocent toddler ? It cannot be explained in translation.The simplicity of a god-process is left out by much thought and would be an important element of creation itself.(simplicity
In most things, the simpler it gets....the better.

Last edited by peter-1; 04-28-2012 at 02:12 PM..

Old 04-28-2012, 02:54 PM

238 posts, read 270,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meester-Chung View Post
bible god is an evil monster who cannot handle rejection
the jews in the holocaust are not responsible for the sins of their ancestors.
punishing people for the sins of their ancestors is immoral and goes against the concept of personal responsibility
Okay, you're a Chinese man from Chinatown in downtown Toronto (where I was raised) ... I get it.

FACT-1 ... Their own prophets warned them that IF they rebelled, etc. ... BOTH them AND their ancestors would suffer!!!

FACT-2 ... You don't believe the Bible and/or you hate GOD.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, I'm not bigotted or a racist ... I'm just a-provin' to youse little boys 'n gals that you don't believe the Bible!

Now, start again ... WHY did God allow the Holocaust?

Anyone who has graduated from Kindergarden should see it!

Dah! ... GOD warned it, prophesied it, promised it ... but, do you guys see it? Nope.

P.S. It's not my opinion ... it's just simple Scripture ... simple Kindergarden stuff!

Last edited by evangelist-77; 04-28-2012 at 03:05 PM..

Old 04-28-2012, 03:16 PM

27,564 posts, read 28,659,961 times
Default WHY did God allow His "chosen people" to suffer the Holocaust?

First, how do you know that the premise of this question is even true?

Old 04-28-2012, 03:20 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,468,260 times
evangelist77, to imply or suggest in anyway that the Jewish people are or were responsible for the Holocaust, is offensive to me, as a human being!

HATRED and INDIFFERENCE were responsible for the Holocaust, along with unbridled Nationalism, and monstrous rebellion against humanitarian principals.

What bible verse will you drag out to predict that the GERMANS, a civilized nation, would act like sadistic homicidal maniacs and unleash a reign of terror across Europe, the likes of which had never been seen, and hopefully, never will be again????

Where in the bible does it predict the wholesale murder of all of the other groups that the Nazi's considered to be sub-human or treasonous? Anything in there about THAT?
Anything in there about the Roma or Gypsy people, the Slavs, the Jehovah's Witnesses, or the trade union members? What about the intellectuals? The handicapped, or the mentally ill?

I won't even mention Hitler's persecution of homosexuals, because I expect that you might trot out an obscure OT bible passage or a misinterpreted writing of Paul that might, in your mind defend this.

I don't know why certain Christians seem to focus so much of the Jewish people and what they do don't do, or who they worship.

I am a Lutheran Christian of German descent. I have many Jewish friends. I do not think for one moment that they need my help. They are Jewish, and their religion is whole and complete in and of itself.

The Holocaust was not ordained by God. If anything, it was the work of Satan, and demonically possessed people.

The bible also speaks of a curse on any person or people who are haters of the Jewish people.

I am not a bible literalist, but I heed that verse.

Old 04-28-2012, 04:01 PM

3,437 posts, read 6,074,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
what free will had the children being pushed into chambers at belsen ?

the cliched " free will " line only works for those who had the power , the perpetrators , it doesn't remotely address the question , why did God allow the Holocaust to happen ?

For the same reason famine, droughts, and other natural disasters happen, God has little to do with our day to day lives, I am not a believer in the "It's God's will" line.

Old 04-28-2012, 05:56 PM

8,568 posts, read 16,232,534 times
Originally Posted by Trackwatch
Quote:
For the same reason famine, droughts, and other natural disasters happen, God has little to do with our day to day lives, I am not a believer in the "It's God's will" line.
The difference between natural disasters and the holocaust is that the holocaust is man-made.
Natural disasters are completely random while a holocaust is a deliberate act.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:05 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,818,961 times
The question should be - why did mankind turn a blind eye to all genocide.The Jewish Holocaust..the genocide in the Ukraine...dozens of mass killings in half the African nations? This had nothing to do with God allowing things-It was MAN that allowed these horrors...those that ask the question of why the "chosen people" - don't fool me..this thread smacks of a bit of anti-sematism...

Sooner people start blaming people and NOT God the sooner the world will improve.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:35 PM

11,446 posts, read 16,184,746 times
Most likely, there is no god to designate anyone as 'chosen'. That's just to make some people feel more important than others.

Old 04-28-2012, 06:41 PM

3,483 posts, read 4,044,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
Even that is an understatement.

Of course such apologetics doesn't explain the sins of Roman Catholics, Roma, trade unionist or just plain old Slavic Christians but hey, who am I to judge.

Fortunately for Christians we have the simple words of Lutheran Theologist Friedrich Niemoller who was himself even though he was an early support of Hitler was interned in Sachsenhausen and Dachau;
First they came for the communists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a communist.

Then they came for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a trade unionist.

Then they came for the Jews,
and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew.

Then they came for me
and there was no one left to speak out for me.
I agree - words cannot describe how much misery has been caused to Jews by people thinking similarly to the OP.

Thanks for the interesting quote, by the way - it certainly seems appropriate!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.