Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2012, 08:39 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,582,425 times

Advertisements

The jews are not "god's chosen people". Christians are spiritual israel and are god's only chosen. The bible is crystal clear on that. The old covenent is over. The people of israel rejected god and his messiah. The temple is destroyed, the priesthood is over. I don't know why so many deluded christians do not understand this. God has one plan for his people, not two. Jews are as far from god as hindus, muslims, buddists or any other religion.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:52 PM

3,483 posts, read 4,046,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
The jews are not "god's chosen people". Christians are spiritual israel and are god's only chosen. The bible is crystal clear on that. The old covenent is over. The people of israel rejected god and his messiah. The temple is destroyed, the priesthood is over. I don't know why so many deluded christians do not understand this. God has one plan for his people, not two. Jews are as far from god as hindus, muslims, buddists or any other religion.
Typical. But let's run with that logic!

A Muslim can claim that Christianity has been superseded by Islam, just as you are claiming that Judaism was superseded by Christianity. Funny how that works! Who is right? Jews, Christians or Muslims? Your vote doesn't count, since you are already part of one of those traditions, and have a biased, vested interest in supporting your own tradition.

It's a shame that folks took the religion that Jesus was preaching and turned it into a religion that worshipped Jesus, instead.

But this is veering off of the point of the OP's extremely bigoted statements concerning why the Jews "deserved" to endure the Holocaust. Do YOU think millions of Jews deserved to die, Lucknow? Are you one of those antique bigots who have excluded yourself from modern Theology in favor of an older, out-dated view?

Old 04-29-2012, 01:21 AM

18,731 posts, read 33,402,036 times
"Chosen people" aside (as I don't feel like half-chosen, according to that definition) the Holocaust was the first thing that seriously affected my world view and reinforced my lack on belief or interest in a god concept.
I am proud to stand with the Jews who are "as far from god as hindus, muslims, buddhists or any other religion" versus a self-righteous snark like one previous poster. I do think that poster enjoys the thought that those who don't agree with him/her will land in the lake o' fire, and so forth. Mighty christian of ya. Who would want to belong to a club that would have a member like you?

Old 04-29-2012, 04:57 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,293,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackwatch View Post
For the same reason famine, droughts, and other natural disasters happen, God has little to do with our day to day lives, I am not a believer in the "It's God's will" line.
fine but most believers credit god with all positive outcomes

Old 04-29-2012, 04:58 AM

7,855 posts, read 10,293,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
The question should be - why did mankind turn a blind eye to all genocide.The Jewish Holocaust..the genocide in the Ukraine...dozens of mass killings in half the African nations? This had nothing to do with God allowing things-It was MAN that allowed these horrors...those that ask the question of why the "chosen people" - don't fool me..this thread smacks of a bit of anti-sematism...

Sooner people start blaming people and NOT God the sooner the world will improve.
im fine with people not blamin god as long as they stop crediting him for anything aswell

Old 04-29-2012, 05:44 AM

3,437 posts, read 6,076,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_bob View Post
fine but most believers credit god with all positive outcomes
I am much different than most believers.

Old 04-29-2012, 06:24 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,298,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
The jews are not "god's chosen people". Christians are spiritual israel and are god's only chosen. The bible is crystal clear on that. The old covenent is over. The people of israel rejected god and his messiah. The temple is destroyed...
Do we agree that the temple is to be rebuilt? I'd like to learn your perspective on this - not trying to be facetious, just really want to know your point of view regarding the final temple here on earth. Thanks.

Old 04-29-2012, 09:41 AM

1,975 posts, read 1,941,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evangelist-77 View Post
Okay, you're a Chinese man from Chinatown in downtown Toronto (where I was raised) ... I get it.

FACT-1 ... Their own prophets warned them that IF they rebelled, etc. ... BOTH them AND their ancestors would suffer!!!

FACT-2 ... You don't believe the Bible and/or you hate GOD.

The bible is fiction the events never took place

I cannot hate a god that does not exist

Old 04-29-2012, 10:02 AM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Default WHY did God allow His "chosen people" to suffer the Holocaust?

The simple answer to all these kinds of questions about what happens on earth in this life is: DOMINION. By granting Dominion . . . God allowed carte blanche to our actions in this life, period. Dominion is God's express Will . . . so expecting Him to violate His sovereign Will is absurd.

From Mark 4:26,

Thus is the kingdom of God, as though a man should cast seed into the earth, then sleep and rise, night and day, and the seed should sprout without his knowing it. For of itself the earth bears the crop, first the blade, then the ear, then the full grain in the ear.

Old 04-29-2012, 01:50 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,582,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoppers View Post
Typical. But let's run with that logic!

A Muslim can claim that Christianity has been superseded by Islam, just as you are claiming that Judaism was superseded by Christianity. Funny how that works! Who is right? Jews, Christians or Muslims? Your vote doesn't count, since you are already part of one of those traditions, and have a biased, vested interest in supporting your own tradition.

It's a shame that folks took the religion that Jesus was preaching and turned it into a religion that worshipped Jesus, instead.

But this is veering off of the point of the OP's extremely bigoted statements concerning why the Jews "deserved" to endure the Holocaust. Do YOU think millions of Jews deserved to die, Lucknow? Are you one of those antique bigots who have excluded yourself from modern Theology in favor of an older, out-dated view?
Actually I don't anyone should die because of the sins of evil men. That includes the Jews as well as the innocent people who were killed in Iraq, Vietnam, Central America and everywhere else the USA war machine invades.

I was replying to the OP with a historical Christian point of view. Simpley this, Christians are God's people. No one else is. Does that mean we deserve any secial benefits in a secular world????? No, no and no again. The bible promises trials and tribulations to ALL true Christians in this world and we should expect them. The bible tells us to LOVE every one, even those who would do us harm. So called Christians who use Christianity to oppress any other person are not Christians but children of their father, Satan.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality