Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 11:10 AM

10,016 posts, read 12,582,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
The evidence might even convert a few agnostics - maybe even an atheist.
No evidence ever converted a single nonbeliever. Jesus said, "They will not believe even if they SEE a dead man rise from the dead". Conversion is a sovereign action preformed by God out of his will and choice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2013, 11:23 AM

103 posts, read 118,900 times
I've seen the miracle of the red wool discredited on a few Jewish websites.

Old 12-12-2013, 08:43 PM

4,729 posts, read 4,365,946 times
You guys crack me up. I'm a Jew who studies the Talmud, in its native tongue, and the stuff in the articles in the OP are just flat out made up. You people seriously fell for that nonsense? Come on people...

Old 11-29-2014, 03:14 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,595,058 times
First, here is the description of these miracles that we find in the Jerusalem Talmud:
"Forty years before the destruction of the Temple, the western light went out, the crimson thread remained crimson, and the lot for the Lord always came up in the left hand. They would close the gates of the Temple by night and get up in the morning and find them wide open" (Jacob Neusner, The Yerushalmi, p.156-157).
Secondly, here is the description of these miracles that we find in the Babylonian Talmud:"Our rabbis taught: During the last forty years before the destruction of the Temple the lot ['For the Lord'] did not come up in the right hand; nor did the crimson-colored strap become white; nor did the western most light shine; and the doors of the Hekel [Temple] would open by themselves" (Soncino version, Yoma 39b).
- See more at:
The Jewish Talmud Contains Amazing Evidence For Christianity And For The Reality Of Jesus Christ

Old 12-01-2014, 04:38 AM

23,707 posts, read 30,758,648 times
Before anyone takes the Talmud as any type of facts, it is not. It is numerous volumes of commentary by righteous Jews. Thus maybe one should know what it is before taking any of links seriously and lacking the context they are missing and was written in.

Talmud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-01-2014, 09:04 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,406,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
While interesting, it is not necessarily accurate in claiming miracles (Maybe, maybe not happening), but that is to be expected. To me the main thrust is that they recognized something major happened and that supports the NT account of Jesus being the Christ and the Jewish Nation being abandoned by God for rejecting His son.

Old 12-01-2014, 09:46 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
One of the more memorable pieces of the information is where the Jewish Sages recorded how the scarlet ribbon no longer became white and the fact that those things all happened beginning the time of Jesus Crucifixion until 40 years later when the Temple was destroyed.
I read this stuff a long time ago...

Old 12-01-2014, 09:55 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
While interesting, it is not necessarily accurate in claiming miracles (Maybe, maybe not happening), but that is to be expected. To me the main thrust is that they recognized something major happened and that supports the NT account of Jesus being the Christ and the Jewish Nation being abandoned by God for rejecting His son.
Where does it state that HaShem abandoned the Jews?...

Old 12-01-2014, 12:27 PM

23,165 posts, read 10,459,754 times
I didn't read the links, but I do study the Talmud.

God gave us Sabbaths, feast days, but he didn't lay out exactly how things were to be done. We don't have to figure out everything, but if we want to understand the New Testament or Revelation, you have to turn to the Talmud. You have to try and put yourself in the shoes of a Jew who was raised in Oral Torah because the New Testament is filled with Jewish idioms that can only be found in the Talmud.

I don't hold to all the Talmud, but if we didn't have the Talmud, so much information of Messiah would be lost and there would be no way to get it back.

Old 12-01-2014, 01:25 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,406,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Where does it state that HaShem abandoned the Jews?...
KJV Matthew 23:38 Behold, your house is left unto you desolate.

NAB Matthew 23:38 Behold, your house will be abandoned, desolate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality