Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 02:35 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,595,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by earl012 View Post
Assuming Jesus did not sacrifice to save humankind, there must be another reason for the strange events at the temple.
This "assumption" of yours goes against why He said He died.

Quote:
I don't believe the Lord abandoned Jews or changed his relationship. Because Jesus was murdered by Romans, Jews can't be blamed.
The Gospels make it perfectly clear who wanted Jesus dead, and it wasn't the Romans.

Quote:
I think it was a matter of replacing Jewish sacrifices with a more direct relationship with the Lord God (Jesus).
Yes, it is good that you understand this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 02:43 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,595,058 times
The History of the Talmud
From the Time of Its Formation, About 200 B.C.,
up to the Present Time

Old 12-04-2014, 02:54 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,043,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post

The Gospels make it perfectly clear who wanted Jesus dead, and it wasn't the Romans.

Where does Yeshua state why He died?...

Old 12-04-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:

Where does HaShem even state that?....

Old 12-04-2014, 03:25 PM

360 posts, read 234,184 times
Quote:
Quote:
It's Christian ideology that claims Jesus died as a sacrifice for humankind, a really good way for selling a new religion. Neither of us, however, can prove anything. Then, we have the gospel and Paul based on guess who? Yes, the words of gospel authors and Paul without, of course, any evidence, just grandiose ideas about a fictitious salvation. You should do some research on the gospels. They really are phony.

Quote:
Prove the gospels are correct. Christians have used them to make Jews looked guilty. There were no Jews promoting a trial for Jesus, and there was no trial, just a vicious attack by a Roman soldier. What you can prove however are Jesus sayings. You'll not find narratives about Jesus in those other gospels, the ones church propagandist rejected. Mostly, you find Jesus sayings related to the NT gospels in The Gospel of Thomas. Those romantic stories about Jesus and his parents going to Egypt, his temptation with Satan, walking on water, etc. are fiction. All we can rely on are Jesus sayings also found in the other gospels.

Quote:
Since Jesus was God and not the son of God, there was no sacrificial lamb. It was all about Jesus (God) and a new relationship with his chosen people.

Last edited by earl012; 12-04-2014 at 04:51 PM..

Old 12-04-2014, 04:51 PM

14,204 posts, read 12,286,655 times
Quote:

They were also written at a time when Judea was reduced to ashes and there was a definite desire for Christians to separate themselves from the parent religion. The Jewish authority obviously wanted Jesus dead because he had the intentional to cause issues through his followers. The Jewish Authorities did nothing without the blessing of Rome, however. So if they wanted Jesus dead, so did the Romans. The idea of Pilate fighting for Jesus is quaint, but not within his character. He didn't give a fig about the Jews and certainly wasn't interested in amusing or placating them.

Old 12-05-2014, 01:42 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
I might say that I checked back on this Talmud story (odd that no -one else did) and it does say 'forty years before' So that does place the date. It is perhaps understandable then that this story of rejection of sacrifices was seen by Christians (then, or more recently) as a sign of displeasure at the Jewish rejection of Christ.

Old 12-05-2014, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
I might say that I checked back on this Talmud story (odd that no -one else did) and it does say 'forty years before' So that does place the date. It is perhaps understandable then that this story of rejection of sacrifices was seen by Christians (then, or more recently) as a sign of displeasure at the Jewish rejection of Christ.
I read about that a long time ago, it has been around awhile...

Old 12-05-2014, 05:17 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,738,332 times
I only came across it on the boards last year. I do recall that I checked out Simeon the righteous and he isn't in the lists of High Priests around the time of Jesus or the Jewish war, and there is a story about him meeting with Alexander who treated him with reverence and pretty much agreed to go easy on the Jews. So he looks to me like an invented figure doing invented stories, and I did think that one related to the coming Jewish war, though I was wrong that it wasn't dated to around 30 AD.

Old 02-06-2016, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
It is pretty amazing evidence. I looked over it before and thought it was some of the most profound evidence for Christ and His ministry since here we have evidence from Jewish sages that supports the claims of Christianity while simply making observations about the Temple. So this is information that would be coming from Anti-Christian faiths at the time. But not just anti-Christian but hostile anti-christian faiths at that time. So in affect we had those in opposition to Christ providing supporting evidence to his claim indirectly.
I've looked at the sites and it seems to be books that are written by authors and allegedly quoting the Talmud...Of course, Talmud is merely commentary on the Tanakh...And as such, opinion...But, I would actually get a hold on an actual Talmud and read it myself, kinda like for the reason many people take things from the bible out of context?...Considering that the Orthodox Jews regard the Rabbis with high honors and abide by their poskim, I would say that they would be adhering to this if it were actually true...Because, after all, the Talmud were written by Rabbis...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality