Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 12:25 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkins View Post
It's actually not difficult to show you how unauthenticated Talmud is, disregarding who you might be.

======
The weakness is not just that. The weakness actually goes back to how legitimate the Talmud is. Oral laws were strictly conveyed and enforced by the Pharisees. Sadducees (and possibly most levite priests too) only embraced the written laws.

After AD 70 siege, the Sanhedrin was gone with those elite Pharisees and Sadducees. It was after AD 200 (more than 150 years later) that a group of unauthenticated rabbis popping from no where started to revive Judaism. However they adapted a set of contradictory concepts to the once dominated Pharisaic concepts (i.e., in terms of immortal souls, hell, freewill etc.). As a result, today's Jewish concepts (of Judaism) are completely different from those in Jesus time, which back then were Pharisaic based.

Talmud then was an attempt to revive the once verbally conveyed laws by the Pharisees. Then the messianic concept was also re-developed.

The point is, if today's Jews failed to keep the same fundamental religious concepts as 2000 years ago. Then how legitimate and original are their other concepts such as the interpretation of the OT (they can't be right without the basic Pharisaic concept in place), the Talmud and the messianic concept.
Yea...You're clueless...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2016, 12:26 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowball7 View Post
Not in the least are you even remotely accurate.
Irenaeus is correct, and Malachi 1:10-11 is specifically prophecy fulfilled
after the Crucifixion. Either take your time to read this entire thread and its
links or don't, if you don't have an open mind and only want to stand rather
than ever stand corrected, then please, don't respond.
Malachi was talking to the priesthood...

Old 10-26-2016, 07:54 AM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Don't let it bother you. These people don't seem to understand their own religion very well, never mind Judaism.
lol, That is the truth.

A person would have to study the Talmud backwards and forwards just to understand the New Testament. You would have to study the Talmud if you wanted to learn Revelation. For instance, there is 30 min of silence after the incense is offered and everyone should know this but It is not in the bible. Everyone should know exactly what the priests say and do on certain days, but how things are done are not taught in the bible, they are taught through oral Torah. Once Christianity left Judaism 100 years after Christ, they walked away from any understanding they may have had.

Old 10-26-2016, 07:59 AM

20,005 posts, read 13,480,828 times
Quote:
... if you don't have an open mind and only want to stand rather
than ever stand corrected, then please, don't respond.
In other words shut up unless you agree with me.

That is the real "sin" we unbelievers commit I guess; we would be relatively harmless if we would just shut up (or always agree and ultimately be converted).

Sadly for your ilk, not everyone credulously believes everything you afford belief to, and the explanation for this is not a closed mind. In fact more often than not, an open mind is exactly the cause for rejecting religious faith and its limited menu of approved and authorized things that one may think.

Old 10-26-2016, 12:30 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Thanks for the links you posted Snowball7. I had read of the 4 miracles somewhere before, but can't remember where. Good to see again. Peace

Old 10-26-2016, 12:42 PM

2,676 posts, read 1,265,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
lol, That is the truth.

A person would have to study the Talmud backwards and forwards just to understand the New Testament. You would have to study the Talmud if you wanted to learn Revelation. For instance, there is 30 min of silence after the incense is offered and everyone should know this but It is not in the bible. Everyone should know exactly what the priests say and do on certain days, but how things are done are not taught in the bible, they are taught through oral Torah. Once Christianity left Judaism 100 years after Christ, they walked away from any understanding they may have had.
Just wondering because I'd like to study it -- where in the talmud is a discussion of the 30 minutes of silence after the incense is offered? I have one list of possible sites, Mordechai Torczyner's WebShas - Intelligent Topical Index to the Talmud: Temple Offerings: Avodah but I haven't found mention of the silent time. I only know that there was no silence when it was prepared. Thanks.

Old 10-26-2016, 12:49 PM

18,496 posts, read 9,161,666 times
God had a surplus of sheep carcasses between 30 and 70 AD. He probably would have accepted cash.

Old 10-26-2016, 01:20 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,591,694 times
Quote:
They can be more than commentaries, when a description of historical events take place.
Did you even look at any of the links I've posted here ? Judaism encountered a crisis
of untold proportions after "you know who" was crucified. The events recorded describe
precisely what would happen if the Messiah nullified the presence of G-D in the Temple
and the rendering of sacrifices. This is important information for those interested in
the truth.
Perhaps you aren't aware either that when Julian the Apostate tried to rebuild the
Temple, he was stopped by Divine power and the workmen were killed in an act of G-D.
Also perhaps you are not aware that the so-called "wailing wall" is actually a portion
of Fort Antonia, not the Western Wall.
To this day, "Jews" secretly respect the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ, and they fear violating
God's revealed truth. They fear Divine vindication and judgement upon them.
Do you support the building of a Third Temple and the resumption of animal sacrifices ?
The Hand of G-d is not to be mocked.
Amen. Here is a longer description of the failure of certain Jews sponsored by
Julian the Apostate to rebuild the temple. Better for those who survived
and converted, even if it took a miracle.

Jewish History Sourcebook:
Julian and the Jews 361-363 CE

Old 10-27-2016, 12:48 PM

23,707 posts, read 30,749,085 times
Quote:
To this day, "Jews" secretly respect the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ, and they fear violating
God's revealed truth. They fear Divine vindication and judgement upon them.
LOL. Look around CD for the use of Yoshke. Yoshke is used by Orthodox Jews to reference JC. It is short for Yoshke Panderik (יאָשקע פּאַנדריק) which actually means his father was actually a Roman soldier named "Pandeira," whose identity was hidden by Mary. Thus Jews don't secretly respect JC. To Jews, if he existed at all, he is just another dead Jew.

Old 10-27-2016, 12:54 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosends View Post
Just wondering because I'd like to study it -- where in the talmud is a discussion of the 30 minutes of silence after the incense is offered? I have one list of possible sites, Mordechai Torczyner's WebShas - Intelligent Topical Index to the Talmud: Temple Offerings: Avodah but I haven't found mention of the silent time. I only know that there was no silence when it was prepared. Thanks.

I haven't forgotten about this, I found one place in the Talmud that speaks of it somewhat, but from all I have read from all the people looking into the writings of the Rabbis speak of the silence after the incense is offered as common knowledge and the act itself should cause silence if one had an opinion that the prayers of that incense IS the language being transferred through the smoke of that incense from the alter and so it would be a good opinion based upon that alone that silence would be viewed in prayer, especially for the nation on Yom Kippur, the entire nation should be silent, the entire world.

I love Edershiem and his Temple book which speaks of it, along with other things he wrote that I doubt Jews would read, but what he gathers is from the traditions that were kept in the Temple, from Rabbis.

I looked at it for about an hour yesterday and I just had started on the incense of Passover and how tradition teaches silence.

Just saying,'' I am still looking and then I will give every quote I can find, I found one so far.''
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality