Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2013, 05:17 PM

81 posts, read 128,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
You believe Jesus may return. Return from where?
I think you should read the first sentence in my first post. I will quote it again for you:

Quote:
As an atheist I don't believe that Jesus will come back ever
That should answer your question...

Quote:
Return from where?
I don't have any answers about Jesus because I don't believe in him. I could have included the question you wrote within my first post. That is exactly the kind of questions I have. So I will ask it here but just change a few words in your sentence....Are you ready......From where will Jesus return?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2013, 05:28 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Cool Yep! Another clear demonstration of evasive denialism....

When confronted by some serious, logical and non-hostile yet simple questions, and knowing they will be hopelessly and logically cornered, they later flip open their handy "How to avoid getting cornered on your made-up religion!" handibook, and intone with smug arrogance... [FIRE ONE!]...

Quote:
I thought you were an atheist. Jesus doesn't exist in your world, right?
Answer: it seems like he's more than willing to give Jesus a try, if Jesus will only answer some rather simple questions and clear up the more contradictory ideas that have tripped up fundamentalist-literalist Christians for millennia. Oooops....

But nope: they don't like that idea, so... next insult? FIRE TWO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
My, but someone has too much time on their hands.

My guess is that if you are alive when Jesus returns, you won't be asking any questions.
The thinly veiled threat here, suggesting that all one has to do is accept rationally confusing Jesus myths into their lives simply to avoid the oft-provided Hell Threat, and even if it all simply does not "resonate" with them ethically, morally or logically, is quite OK.

As in:just throw away your brain and accept Him without question. Seems to me only the lame-brained and frightened types will do that in this age of reason and easy 'net confirmability. I assume this is what you Christians are yourselves doing, and then preaching for us to do as well?

Then, it's FIRE THREE:

Quote:
This is what happened in a similiar situation.

Job chapter 40

1-2 God then confronted Job directly:

“Now what do you have to say for yourself?
Are you going to haul me, the Mighty One, into court and press charges?”

Job Answers God

I’m Ready to Shut Up and Listen

3-5 Job answered:

“I’m speechless, in awe—words fail me.
I should never have opened my mouth!
I’ve talked too much, way too much.
I’m ready to shut up and listen.”

So again, this is Jesus' loving answer and requirement? To "shut up and listen"?? Well OK then: we're ready to listen. Can we at least offer up some relevant topics you might grace us with the answers to, Jesus? A few thought starters?

No? You don't want to be guided in any away with subjects that are most confusing to us? You like it this way? You want us to Shut Up?

How intriguing! This is how you intellectually open-minded Christians think a good honest debate is run? I.e.: when the first question is asked, you call it stupid and that the asker should sit down, shut up and listen?

No wonder we can't get anywhere here on CD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsweeting View Post
Correct..I'm a convinced atheist....But if he returns and is answering these questions he has shown me that I'm 100% wrong....I have changed my mind on different arguments before...
Agreed. John, you've just quietly proven once again that atheists are indeed open to a rational debate with reasonable questions asked in a step-wise order, with simple answers required to clarify the seemingly irrational.

Sadly, it seems this is not how an open-minded theist () can ever hope to operate. They have made their minds up and no amount of rationality can ever change that. They will fly right into the rocks...

Airplane Sounds ~ Pull Up (Boeing 747-249F) - YouTube

No wonder such an approach is so frightening to our devoted and intransigent friends!! The possibility of the truth becoming established and clarified is too staggering to allow.

Ergo: suppress, attack, dodge and deny.

Versus: Ego reputo proinde ego sum*

(*I think, therefore I am...)

Old 01-24-2013, 06:00 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,068,060 times
Quote:
I will not be like this person. I will not say "I should never have opened my mouth! I’ve talked too much, way too much. I’m ready to shut up and listen.”

Give me one example where a normal person with some sort of a brain has spoken and asked questions to a person and then without any explanation, good reason or getting answers to the questions asked saying this ----> "I’ve talked too much, way too much" as you are stating above.

My questions are not like "Jesus you are so great" but actually real questions that I really would like to know the answers to...
Job is not talkning about Jesus or any pagan trinity ideas... He is talking to Yahweh who was considered also the Cannanite main god, El. Job is ready to listen to what Yahweh, as Demiurge and Godhead, has to say to explain himself.

Old 01-24-2013, 08:13 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
I think you should read the first sentence in my first post. I will quote it again for you:

That should answer your question...
You sure went to a lot of trouble to question one who doesn't exist. Methinks you're not quite sure.

Quote:
I don't have any answers about Jesus because I don't believe in him. I could have included the question you wrote within my first post. That is exactly the kind of questions I have. So I will ask it here but just change a few words in your sentence....Are you ready......From where will Jesus return?
Yes, I'm ready. Jesus is sitting at the right hand of the Father.

Old 01-24-2013, 11:28 PM

7,943 posts, read 6,068,060 times
Quote:
You sure went to a lot of trouble to question one who doesn't exist. Methinks you're not quite sure.
Really? I question Lord Voldemort's motives and methods when ever I think about evil Wizards, mind you the topic of wizards hardly crosses my mind... nor is it as interesting to me as Religion.

Old 01-26-2013, 06:15 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Jesus has not returned to bring renewal in the earth for His second coming yet the living God Jesus says ``Blessed are they that have not seen, and still believed ``..... ........Some of the answers to your questions are : Yes maybe 70% of people of the earth are not Christians , and Christians who have fallen from the truth and maybe lost to God , as they may be wrong because Jesus is the author and the finisher of salvation and the ideas from man are void.................Jesus and His plan are not in other Holy Book of other religions because there is a celestial spirit called false prophet who lead people away from the truth of Jesus purpose, by building ideas which man accepts and changes the truth for a falsehood..............Science is rooted on bias atheism and this art is of this world and its logic of the known, Jesus and His art is supernatural and eternal spiritual and unseen from the physical senses of man ...............Sure the earth is old and these homo sapiens may have been on the earth thousand you years before the biblical legalistic literal account , as the animal were still very undeveloped in the cognitive abilities , as they never became civilized until 5 thousand years ago, as God made his interaction with man until then , as the animals were not responsive to God .............. God knows all languages on the earth and languages not spoken today in the earth.................. The age of the earth and the vastness of space are endless and beyond the imagination for your benefit...................Adam and Eve were chosen for the authority of God to have interaction in man who are chosen to be the children of God , and were not the first created as the legalism of the bible may dictated to over believers of Gods Words....................Yes the promises of Jesus for the purpose of interaction and salvation must be taken literally and faithfully to God .............. The history of the Word of God , believers must never take a stand and condemn people for unbelief in the history or they would be out of the will of God .......Zeus is a strange god of this world and not of the living God of heaven and through Jesus , most of these authority in the spirit of this world are in chains in the eternal abyss................ Believers interact with God through God`s Spirit who is called Holy Spirit , anyone born again in the Spirit through Lord Jesus Christ can hear from God , but they must first talk and pray to God , and they must study the Word of God and pray for clarity from God , and God talks and will lead His believers to His blessings......... Jesus shows Himself to people who do the will of God and have faith and purpose through His Words ............. Jesus is coming soon as apostasy from His plan dictate to God ...........`Move it or loose it `, as God will cleans the earth from the image of the beast, the number of beast which opposes the number of God which is trinity, and mark of the beast which is rejection of the commandment of Jesus .....

Old 01-26-2013, 07:47 AM

81 posts, read 128,214 times
Quote:
Jesus has not returned to bring renewal in the earth for His second coming yet the living God Jesus says ``Blessed are they that have not seen, and still believed ``..... ........Some of the answers to your questions are : Yes maybe 70% of people of the earth are not Christians , and Christians who have fallen from the truth and maybe lost to God , as they may be wrong because Jesus is the author and the finisher of salvation and the ideas from man are void.
Congratulations that you fall into the "unique" category. You think that your religion is true and all the other are "falsehoods" and that they are "false prophet" as you state. Do you as least acknowledge that they argue the same way you are doing about their own religion. They are "as sure" about their religion as you are about yours. These thousands of religion think you're wrong and that you are spreading "falsehoods" and "false prophet" . Christianity is not unique in any way shape or form but you think it is of course. I get it....You are so "unique".

Quote:
God knows all languages on the earth and languages not spoken today in the earth...
Great, then I will test him if I get a chance to meet him. So let's say for example that he goes to Texas will he then speak with a Texan accent or will he speak Queens' English (British accent). If he goes around the USA will his accent change to whatever state he is in. As you know, the Boston accent is very different than the Texan one for example. Once again, I will test him in the three languages I know. This I'm really looking forward to.

Quote:
The age of the earth and the vastness of space are endless and beyond the imagination for your benefit.
The reason I want to ask Jesus these questions is because I want specific answers. I will not accept weak and general answers that you are giving. If there is anyone who can answers them it is Jesus or his father...after all they created it all. Man, I'm really looking forward to the answer to this one...

Quote:
Adam and Eve were chosen for the authority of God to have interaction in man who are chosen to be the children of God , and were not the first created as the legalism of the bible may dictated to over believers of Gods Words
Like I said in my first post...I will only go for specific answers not the weak and general answers you are giving. How did all human races come about if not thru evolution. Jesus, please explain.

Quote:
Zeus is a strange god of this world and not of the living God of heaven and through Jesus , most of these authority in the spirit of this world are in chains in the eternal abyss.
Well, there is a reason I want to ask Jesus these questions because I really would like to know where the Christian God and Jesus were when Zeus was the "main" god on earth. Once again, I need specific answers about this one...Zeus was a strange God yes, but so is the Christian God. What is the difference between the two. This I will ask Jesus...

Quote:
Believers interact with God through God`s Spirit who is called Holy Spirit , anyone born again in the Spirit through Lord Jesus Christ can hear from God , but they must first talk and pray to God , and they must study the Word of God and pray for clarity from God , and God talks and will lead His believers to His blessings
My specific question to Jesus was who exactly he has spoken to and which he didn't speak to and the reason behind it. I want really specific answers to this one. Not weak and general answer from you but from Jesus or his father.

Quote:
Jesus is coming soon as apostasy from His plan dictate to God
When he comes back I don't really need to ask the question "when will Jesus come back" because he is already back.

My prediction is that this will happen though (well, I'm 110% sure this will happen):

10 years from now people like you and others will say "Jesus is coming soon as apostasy from His plan dictate to God"
50 years from now people like you and others will say "Jesus is coming soon as apostasy from His plan dictate to God"
100 years from now people like you and others will say "Jesus is coming soon as apostasy from His plan dictate to God"
500 years from now people like you and others will say "Jesus is coming soon as apostasy from His plan dictate to God"
1000 years from now people like you and others will say "Jesus is coming soon as apostasy from His plan dictate to God"
10,000 years from now people like you and others will say "Jesus is coming soon as apostasy from His plan dictate to God"
100,000 years from now people like you and others will say "Jesus is coming soon as apostasy from His plan dictate to God"
1 Million years from now people like you and others will say "Jesus is coming soon as apostasy from His plan dictate to God"
5 Million years from now (if the world exists) people like you and others will say "Jesus is coming soon as apostasy from His plan dictate to God"
100 Million years from now (if the world exists) people like you and others will say "Jesus is coming soon as apostasy from His plan dictate to God"
1 Billion years from now (if the world exists) people like you and others will say "Jesus is coming soon as apostasy from His plan dictate to God"

So far I'm correct on this one but lets see what happens in the future. Where is Jesus. Why is he not coming back. Question to Jesus..what are you waiting for....To be fair to Christians, none of the other 2,600 Gods from the other thousands of religions have appeared either. I wonder why.....

The reason I wrote the topic "I'm so looking forward for Jesus to come back" is because I'm throwing my questions out there that I really would like to know from Jesus or his father and not from anyone else. I have already read the answers to these questions from others and scripture (yes, I have read scripture) but I need Jesus to answer them and to be very, very specific. I have follow up questions depending on his answers.

Like I stated before I need specific answers and only Jesus or his father can give them to me.
One of my questions earlier was how exactly many stars there are in the Andromeda Galaxy which scientists estimate to 1 Trillion. I just read a little more in my science books and just came up with another question. The largest galaxy out there is called "IC 1101" and has...listen to this...100 trillion stars.....

My question then is really specific..How close are they when they say 100 trillion stars. Give me the exact number down to the last one. Are there also any life forms on planets surrounding these 100 trillion stars. Jesus or God must know..they created it and are the only one who can answer this one. By the way, the "IC 1101" galaxy who has 100 trillion stars is only one of at least 170 billion galaxies.

If all galaxies are close to having this many stars as the "IC 1101" galaxy we get:

170,000,000,000 * 100,000,000,000,000 = You do the math

To sum it all up, Only Jesus and his father can answer these questions and therefore I wrote my post.......Nobody else can answer them....According to you they both exist so maybe I should have "faith" that I will get them answered...

Last edited by johnsweeting; 01-26-2013 at 09:14 AM..

Old 01-27-2013, 01:12 AM

9,616 posts, read 12,919,537 times
Default Why is the Christian response always SOOOOO predictable?

Quote:
You sure went to a lot of trouble to question one who doesn't exist.[i.e.: Jesus] Methinks you're not quite sure.
^^^

This in response to an honest question. Hmmm.... Another clear demonstration of the confirmed theist's fundamental inability to answer even the simplest of straightforward questions, evaded with yet another ad hominem as the primary means of "debating" as they see it. This amounts to producing yet another steaming pile of...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_xew9by7o8n.../s1600/101.JPG

Now, a good retort from johnsweeting, below, to hljc's diatribal protestation...

Quote:
Congratulations that you fall into the "unique" category. You think that your religion is true and all the other are "falsehoods" and that they are "false prophet" as you state. Do you as least acknowledge that they argue the same way you are doing about their own religion.

[Edited for brevity...]

√ The reason I want to ask Jesus these questions is because I want specific answers. I will not accept weak and general answers that you are giving. If there is anyone who can answers them it is Jesus or his father...after all they created it all.

√ I will only go for specific answers not the weak and general answers you are giving. How did all human races come about if not thru evolution. Jesus, please explain.

√ I want to ask Jesus these questions because I really would like to know where the Christian God and Jesus were when Zeus was the "main" god on earth. Once again, I need specific answers about this one...

√ My specific question to Jesus was who exactly he has spoken to and which he didn't speak to and the reason behind it. I want really specific answers to this one.

√ When he comes back I don't really need to ask the question "when will Jesus come back" because he is already back.

√ ...exactly many stars there are in the Andromeda Galaxy which scientists estimate to 1 Trillion. My question then is really specific..How close are they when they say 100 trillion stars. Give me the exact number down to the last one.

√ Are there also any life forms on planets surrounding these 100 trillion stars. Jesus or God must know..they created it and are the only one who can answer this one.

To sum it all up, Only Jesus and his father can answer these questions and therefore I wrote my post.......Nobody else can answer them....According to you they both exist so maybe I should have "faith" that I will get them answered...
Yup: your endless faith will bear fruit, my son... you can bet on it! Even if, so far, it's been a pretty barren conversation*, but let's all git on down on our rickety old prayer-bones and get on with a-pray'in' and a-yodelin' for a direct and forthright, honest response.

* And of particular note and interest to me, is that essentially no-one except for the already religious and piously fundamentalist Christians has heard from their wondrous and Salvation-giving God. How He came to them in various mystical ways, and yet we of little faith, we Godless heathens, we pagan, morally rudderless and unhappy wanderers (yada yada yada yada yada...) somehow never get tapped to be the receivers, even though such a direct comm-Q from The High Heavens would indeed make absolute believers out of so many of us...

Why are we so skeptical, one can only wonder...

Old 01-27-2013, 08:19 PM

19,039 posts, read 27,607,234 times
Quote:
As an atheist I don't believe that Jesus will come back ever but if he does then I will be the first in line to ask my questions to him. Why wouldn't he take my questions because I'm really interested in this and if you give me good answers you might convert me.
I guess the most probable answer will be that he will only show himself to a few and that he is not interested to answer any questions. Right??? Anyway, here are my questions.
Ha-ha. Good one. Man still has hope in him, as he even considers a deity.

Here's few things you missed, friend.

1. Jesus never left you. Or anyone else. It is always with us. We simply do not see it. The way YOU expect it to be seen. But then isn't he most blind, than one who does not WANT to see?
2. Here's real answer to your question. Say, it goes as you have it imagined, and you see Jesus come back. You know what will happen? In a heartbeat, will you understand compete futility of all of your so called "questions", or so called "science", as you will have one and only proof needed - Jesus itself - right there. Oh, the doubtful Thomas..
3. To comprehend and to understand God above all similitudes, as He is in Himself, is to be God with God, without intermediary, and without any otherness that can become a hindrance or an intermediary. Whosoever wishes to understand this must have died to himself, and must live in God, and must turn his gaze to the eternal light in the ground of his spirit, where the Hidden Truth reveals Itself without means. - Ruysbroek. ...

Are you THAT ready, Thomas? With you human attitudes and human science? Are you?

Old 01-27-2013, 08:37 PM

17,800 posts, read 13,698,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
My, but someone has too much time on their hands.

My guess is that if you are alive when Jesus returns, you won't be asking any questions.
My guess is that he won't be alive when Jesus comes back....................and neither will anybody else who ever exists on this planet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality