Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 07:53 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,793,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
So a crack baby fully deserved to be born addicted to crack? The mother is in no way responsible for the condition of her newborn?
The sins of the parents automatically become the sins of their children?
No, the baby did not deserve such a beginning. That's not what I said. Again, maybe I need to clarify. It is my belief from my study of God's word that children do have an age of innocence. There is an age of accountability for every child and is unique for every child. Those who do not reach this age of accountability, IMO, are with God. Babies who are aborted are with God. Babies who die from AIDS or drug addiction are with God. That is my sincere belief.

Yes, the mother is responsible for her sin. All sin has consequences and in the case you presented an innocent child is affected. That's her fault and she will have to answer for her actions. The child, assuming it survies and thrives and grows up, will undoubtably have their own actions to account for some day. If, unfortunately, it doesn't survive, it will be with God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2008, 02:21 AM

8,568 posts, read 16,237,991 times
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA
Quote:
Sin has a ripple effect.
In my opinion every action, good or bad, has its consequences.
For example, if you if you save a person's life, which could be considered a good thing, do you then also become responsible for his actions too? I mean what if the person you saved is a serial killer?

Another interesting question is if sinful thoughts are sins too, since thoughts are not actually an action yet?

Originally Posted by mams1559
Quote:
It is my belief from my study of God's word that children do have an age of innocence.
In that case how can you believe that everyone deserves death, since everyone also includes the innocent?
But it sure is a fact that everyone dies.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:42 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,355,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
No, the baby did not deserve such a beginning. That's not what I said. Again, maybe I need to clarify. It is my belief from my study of God's word that children do have an age of innocence. There is an age of accountability for every child and is unique for every child. Those who do not reach this age of accountability, IMO, are with God. Babies who are aborted are with God. Babies who die from AIDS or drug addiction are with God. That is my sincere belief.

Yes, the mother is responsible for her sin. All sin has consequences and in the case you presented an innocent child is affected. That's her fault and she will have to answer for her actions. The child, assuming it survies and thrives and grows up, will undoubtably have their own actions to account for some day. If, unfortunately, it doesn't survive, it will be with God.
If as another poster said, We are all born in sin and deserve to die, then that would include a baby as well.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:43 AM

23,019 posts, read 34,393,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessaka View Post
If as another poster said, We are all born in sin and deserve to die, then that would include a baby as well.

I believe we all reach an age of accountability that is different for everyone, we decide to either follow Jesus or deny Jesus.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA
Quote:
I believe we all reach an age of accountability that is different for everyone, we decide to either follow Jesus or deny Jesus.
If you'd written that at one time we all become accountable for our actions I'd agree with you.
Whether you follow Jesus, Buddha, Moses, or someone, or 'something' else is irrelevant to me.
That is, as long as you do not harm others.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:27 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,516,611 times
Christ was supposed to have given his earthly life in order for us to go to Him for our sins to be forgiven..Imo, He took all the sins to the cross with Him, including the sin we once were born in. It is my humble opinion that we are not born in sin, nor were we born with a sinful nature..When we reach the age that we can reason and make choices then we are accountable for our sins..

Old 01-09-2008, 01:43 PM

5,004 posts, read 15,355,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky D View Post
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINAIf you'd written that at one time we all become accountable for our actions I'd agree with you.
Whether you follow Jesus, Buddha, Moses, or someone, or 'something' else is irrelevant to me.
That is, as long as you do not harm others.
Bravo Tricky. I could add one more thing to that. Help those in need if and whenever you can. You don't even have to follow any prophet. I believe that they came to just show us the way to happiness here on earth, and I think that happiness is summed up in "do not harm others." That seems to be the message of them all in one way or another.

Old 01-09-2008, 02:17 PM

3,124 posts, read 4,938,929 times
The Bible mostly points to eternal life as a reward and seems to me to say that without that reward the soul is destroyed. The wages of sin is death.

Eternal Hell was created by the church when it began to lose it's grip on the people. Fear is always used as a last resort as it is the great motivator. Let's not forget that Christian beliefs were greatly influenced by an imperial power (The Roman Empire) and used as a tool to keep subjects humble and obedient. The empire is gone, but it's practices live on.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:16 PM

364 posts, read 766,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
Christ was supposed to have given his earthly life in order for us to go to Him for our sins to be forgiven..Imo, He took all the sins to the cross with Him, including the sin we once were born in. It is my humble opinion that we are not born in sin, nor were we born with a sinful nature..When we reach the age that we can reason and make choices then we are accountable for our sins..

so our sin nature comes over time?

Old 01-10-2008, 03:47 AM

Originally Posted by HistoryasIS
Quote:
so our sin nature comes over time?
This is why many are called but only a few will be 'saved'.
Calling yourself a Christian, being baptised, or accepting Jesus as God is of no consequence. Those are only manifistations of (outward) rituals (as in proof to other humans); only your actions can be proof of your inner conviction.
So in the end only the consequences of your actions matter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality