Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2015, 04:12 PM

23,198 posts, read 10,481,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elias_who_has_come View Post
God is everywhere.

Here is the beginning of a person's walk when they find out that they haven't followed the plan.

Elijah called fire down from heaven and he thought this was the way, but if Elijah would have followed the plan, he would not have run.

Elijah Flees to Horeb

1Now Ahab told Jezebel everything Elijah had done and how he had killed all the prophets with the sword. 2So Jezebel sent a messenger to Elijah to say, “May the gods deal with me, be it ever so severely, if by this time tomorrow I do not make your life like that of one of them.”
3Elijah was afraid and ran for his life. When he came to Beersheba in Judah, he left his servant there, 4while he himself went a day’s journey into the wilderness. He came to a broom bush, sat down under it and prayed that he might die. “I have had enough, Lord,” he said. “Take my life; I am no better than my ancestors.” 5Then he lay down under the bush and fell asleep.
All at once an angel touched him and said, “Get up and eat.” 6He looked around, and there by his head was some bread baked over hot coals, and a jar of water. He ate and drank and then lay down again.
7The angel of the Lord came back a second time and touched him and said, “Get up and eat, for the journey is too much for you.” 8So he got up and ate and drank. Strengthened by that food, he traveled forty days and forty nights until he reached Horeb, the mountain of God. 9There he went into a cave and spent the night.
The Lord Appears to Elijah
And the word of the Lord came to him: “What are you doing here, Elijah?”
10He replied, “I have been very zealous for the Lord God Almighty. The Israelites have rejected your covenant, torn down your altars, and put your prophets to death with the sword. I am the only one left, and now they are trying to kill me too.”
11The Lord said, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by.”
Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. 12After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. 13When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave.
Then a voice said to him, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”
14He replied, “I have been very zealous for the Lord God Almighty. The Israelites have rejected your covenant, torn down your altars, and put your prophets to death with the sword. I am the only one left, and now they are trying to kill me too.”

That's just what a person does when he feels the spirit saying,'' I AM THE ONLY ONE.''

He failed miserably because he was meant to fail, Elijah must come first to die, and then a new creature is given a double portion if he can hold his tongue,.

It is a walk, and it begins in Elijah and then moves to Moses..

Old 03-26-2015, 04:49 PM

18,503 posts, read 9,179,531 times
Quote:
God is everywhere.
So is Vod, the almighty invisible vacuum cleaner.

Old 03-26-2015, 05:43 PM

114 posts, read 79,664 times
As the unknown man from Marne says, "You're entitled to your opinion."

The fact remains, that if Elijah had failed miserably, he would have died in heaven, never to be heard from again.

But that didn't happen. He was made into an angel, sent on another mission as John and was granted the dignity to die on earth as a saint in heaven.

Now he has been raised to an everlasting kingship of his own.

So much for failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
He failed miserably

Old 03-26-2015, 08:30 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,814,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Here is the beginning of a person's walk when they find out that they haven't followed the plan.

Elijah called fire down from heaven and he thought this was the way, but if Elijah would have followed the plan, he would not have run.

Elijah Flees to Horeb

1Now Ahab told Jezebel everything Elijah had done and how he had killed all the prophets with the sword. 2So Jezebel sent a messenger to Elijah to say, “May the gods deal with me, be it ever so severely, if by this time tomorrow I do not make your life like that of one of them.”
3Elijah was afraid and ran for his life. When he came to Beersheba in Judah, he left his servant there, 4while he himself went a day’s journey into the wilderness. He came to a broom bush, sat down under it and prayed that he might die. “I have had enough, Lord,” he said. “Take my life; I am no better than my ancestors.” 5Then he lay down under the bush and fell asleep.
All at once an angel touched him and said, “Get up and eat.” 6He looked around, and there by his head was some bread baked over hot coals, and a jar of water. He ate and drank and then lay down again.
7The angel of the Lord came back a second time and touched him and said, “Get up and eat, for the journey is too much for you.” 8So he got up and ate and drank. Strengthened by that food, he traveled forty days and forty nights until he reached Horeb, the mountain of God. 9There he went into a cave and spent the night.
The Lord Appears to Elijah
And the word of the Lord came to him: “What are you doing here, Elijah?”
10He replied, “I have been very zealous for the Lord God Almighty. The Israelites have rejected your covenant, torn down your altars, and put your prophets to death with the sword. I am the only one left, and now they are trying to kill me too.”
11The Lord said, “Go out and stand on the mountain in the presence of the Lord, for the Lord is about to pass by.”
Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart and shattered the rocks before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind. After the wind there was an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. 12After the earthquake came a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire. And after the fire came a gentle whisper. 13When Elijah heard it, he pulled his cloak over his face and went out and stood at the mouth of the cave.
Then a voice said to him, “What are you doing here, Elijah?”
14He replied, “I have been very zealous for the Lord God Almighty. The Israelites have rejected your covenant, torn down your altars, and put your prophets to death with the sword. I am the only one left, and now they are trying to kill me too.”

That's just what a person does when he feels the spirit saying,'' I AM THE ONLY ONE.''

He failed miserably because he was meant to fail, Elijah must come first to die, and then a new creature is given a double portion if he can hold his tongue,.

It is a walk, and it begins in Elijah and then moves to Moses..
Moses held his tongue while Arron spoke for him. It is to teach us about an Advocate.

Matthew 18
18"Truly I say to you, whatever you bind on earth shall have been bound in heaven; and whatever you loose on earth shall have been loosed in heaven. 19"Again I say to you, that if two of you agree on earth about anything that they may ask, it shall be done for them by My Father who is in heaven. 20"For where two or three have gathered together in My name, I am there in their midst."

Old 03-27-2015, 09:16 AM

Quote:
As the unknown man from Marne says, "You're entitled to your opinion."

The fact remains, that if Elijah had failed miserably, he would have died in heaven, never to be heard from again.

But that didn't happen. He was made into an angel, sent on another mission as John and was granted the dignity to die on earth as a saint in heaven.

Now he has been raised to an everlasting kingship of his own.

So much for failure.

LOL, Elijah was reincarnated in John?

You don't have to protect Elijah from me, I love Elijah as I love David, but David also had some issues. I am sure I don't know any better men than Elijah, he was cool, and yet he still failed his mission, but as I said, '' He was meant to fail.''

John the Baptist came with the same mission of Elijah and that was to appeal to the people in the land of Joseph, the exiled children of Israel of the prodigal northern nation called,'' Ephraim.''

Elijah was not sent to Judah, he was not sent to Jews, he was sent to the evil kingdom of Ahab and Jezebel, and that was his mission, but the difference between Elijah and John is that Elijah would kill them all while John would baptize and teach them. Elijah taken out of the way and Elisha comes in ushering peace and dwelling together, teaching them.

The mission of Elijah and John is that they were sent to Pagans, to bring pagans to God and to add to the nation. So John stands by the waters and appeals to the people in the land of Ephraim, '' They who sat in darkness have seen a great light.''

John went preparing those gentiles, but Elijah did not, and that is why Elijah failed.

But of all the people in the bible, Elijah has to be the coolest, but what does Christ say about calling fire down from heaven to consume the rebellious for not heeding the call of Christ?

The disciple says to Jesus , he says,'' Shall we call fire down from heaven to burn these down Lord?''

Just as Elijah had done.

The reply of Jesus,'' You speak from your father Satan.''

Elijah is just the beginning of a walk with God and there are many Elijahs today, the problem being,'' They need to die to their vanity and work on teaching lost souls instead the fire always coming from their mouths.

Today we see all these great and mighty prophets and every mother's son opens his mouth with fire and saying,'' Lord, I am the only one.''

Vanity of vanities.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:34 AM

Elijah's life is that he had his 3 and a half years as we all do, we begin our 7 days walk in the 7 feast days of Christ, and we begin at Passover. We die daily so that we plant our barley seed, and the barley seed must die if it is to bear fruit, and when we have died daily, we can move into Shavuot and finish our 3 and a half years in our walk.

Elijah's life was to show what happens when a person finishes their 42 months of flesh, and the days of prophesy appointed for the flesh

If we walk according to the spring instructions, THEN we can go all the way to death, and we can begin our walk in the second part of the week which remains. This walk begins in Rosh Hashanah.

If a person can die to the vanity of the prophet in them, they can symbolically go all the way to death AND THEN be stood up on their feet and taken to heaven while still on this Earth, a person who has completed his 3 and a half years is changed, but he has to die daily, and he has to die to his vanity in wanting to be that great prophet.

The two witnesses are the water and the blood, they are within us all.

The problem with God giving the two witnesses power is that one of them is a vain fallen spirit.

Revelation 11

The Two Witnesses
1I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers. 2But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months. 3And I will appoint my two witnesses, and they will prophesy for 1,260 days, clothed in sackcloth.” 4They are “the two olive trees” and the two lampstands, and “they stand before the Lord of the earth.” 5If anyone tries to harm them, fire comes from their mouths and devours their enemies. This is how anyone who wants to harm them must die. 6They have power to shut up the heavens so that it will not rain during the time they are prophesying; and they have power to turn the waters into blood and to strike the earth with every kind of plague as often as they want.
7Now when they have finished their testimony, the beast that comes up from the Abyss will attack them, and overpower and kill them. 8Their bodies will lie in the public square of the great city—which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt—where also their Lord was crucified. 9For three and a half days some from every people, tribe, language and nation will gaze on their bodies and refuse them burial. 10The inhabitants of the earth will gloat over them and will celebrate by sending each other gifts, because these two prophets had tormented those who live on the earth.
11But after the three and a half days the breath of life from God entered them, and they stood on their feet, and terror struck those who saw them. 12Then they heard a loud voice from heaven saying to them, “Come up here.” And they went up to heaven in a cloud, while their enemies looked on.

The witnesses.

1 John 5
6This is the one who came by water and blood—Jesus Christ. He did not come by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth. 7For there are three that testify: 8the Spirit, the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement. 9We accept human testimony, but God’s testimony is greater because it is the testimony of God, which he has given about his Son. 10Whoever believes in the Son of God accepts this testimony. Whoever does not believe God has made him out to be a liar, because they have not believed the testimony God has given about his Son. 11And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. 12Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.

YOU are the two witnesses and Elijah must come first, the question is, '' Do you want to be a prophet who calls down fire in glory, or will you educate yourself in the laws of God so that you can teach others to come and add to the nation as a person who stands in the breach between God and the gentiles?

Elijah goes all the way to death and is taken to heaven to show what can happen if we complete our 3 and a half year walk.

Old 03-27-2015, 10:51 AM

1 Corinthians 14 King James Version (KJV)

14 Follow after charity, and desire spiritual gifts, but rather that ye may prophesy.
2 For he that speaketh in an unknown tongue speaketh not unto men, but unto God: for no man understandeth him; howbeit in the spirit he speaketh mysteries.
3 But he that prophesieth speaketh unto men to edification, and exhortation, and comfort.
4 He that speaketh in an unknown tongue edifieth himself; but he that prophesieth edifieth the church.
5 I would that ye all spake with tongues but rather that ye prophesied: for greater is he that prophesieth than he that speaketh with tongues, except he interpret, that the church may receive edifying.
6 Now, brethren, if I come unto you speaking with tongues, what shall I profit you, except I shall speak to you either by revelation, or by knowledge, or by prophesying, or by doctrine?
7 And even things without life giving sound, whether pipe or harp, except they give a distinction in the sounds, how shall it be known what is piped or harped?
8 For if the trumpet give an uncertain sound, who shall prepare himself to the battle?
9 So likewise ye, except ye utter by the tongue words easy to be understood, how shall it be known what is spoken? for ye shall speak into the air.
10 There are, it may be, so many kinds of voices in the world, and none of them is without signification.
11 Therefore if I know not the meaning of the voice, I shall be unto him that speaketh a barbarian, and he that speaketh shall be a barbarian unto me.
12 Even so ye, forasmuch as ye are zealous of spiritual gifts, seek that ye may excel to the edifying of the church.
13 Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.
14 For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.
15 What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

David was a King ,Priest and Prophet. A King that served the King of Kings.

Revelation 19 King James Version (KJV)

19 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God:
2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great *****, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand.
3 And again they said, Alleluia And her smoke rose up for ever and ever.
4 And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.
The 24 elders(hrs of the 7th day) To die in the passover. Die in the Flesh Daily.

Last edited by pinacled; 03-27-2015 at 11:01 AM..

Old 03-27-2015, 05:42 PM

Saul was made king by the people. A king of the flesh not chosen. Just as it was in Sauls day the people would have tried to make Jesus King. But he is the Prince of peace. Which shows us how to walk as a prince.
Ephesians 1:11-14 ESV / 139 helpful votes

In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory. In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

Proverbs 20:21 ESV / 70 helpful votes
An inheritance gained hastily in the beginning will not be blessed in the end.

Deuteronomy 21:15-17 ESV / 36 helpful votes
“If a man has two wives, the one loved and the other unloved, and both the loved and the unloved have borne him children, and if the firstborn son belongs to the unloved, then on the day when he assigns his possessions as an inheritance to his sons, he may not treat the son of the loved as the firstborn in preference to the son of the unloved, who is the firstborn, but he shall acknowledge the firstborn, the son of the unloved, by giving him a double portion of all that he has, for he is the firstfruits of his strength. The right of the firstborn is his.

Firstfruits.
1 Kings Ch 1
“What is it you want?” the king asked.
17 She said to him, “My lord, you yourself swore to me your servant by the Lord your God: ‘Solomon your son shall be king after me, and he will sit on my throne.’ 18 But now Adonijah has become king, and you, my lord the king, do not know about it. 19 He has sacrificed great numbers of cattle, fattened calves, and sheep, and has invited all the king’s sons, Abiathar the priest and Joab the commander of the army, but he has not invited Solomon your servant. 20 My lord the king, the eyes of all Israel are on you, to learn from you who will sit on the throne of my lord the king after him. 21 Otherwise, as soon as my lord the king is laid to rest with his ancestors, I and my son Solomon will be treated as criminals.”
22 While she was still speaking with the king, Nathan the prophet arrived. 23 And the king was told, “Nathan the prophet is here.” So he went before the king and bowed with his face to the ground.
24 Nathan said, “Have you, my lord the king, declared that Adonijah shall be king after you, and that he will sit on your throne? 25 Today he has gone down and sacrificed great numbers of cattle, fattened calves, and sheep. He has invited all the king’s sons, the commanders of the army and Abiathar the priest. Right now they are eating and drinking with him and saying, ‘Long live King Adonijah!’ 26 But me your servant, and Zadok the priest, and Benaiah son of Jehoiada, and your servant Solomon he did not invite. 27 Is this something my lord the king has done without letting his servants know who should sit on the throne of my lord the king after him?”

Daniel ch 11
The Tyranny of the Western King
35"Some of those who have insight will fall, in order to refine, purge and make them pure until the end time; because it is still to come at the appointed time. 36"Then the king will do as he pleases, and he will exalt and magnify himself above every god and will speak monstrous things against the God of gods; and he will prosper until the indignation is finished, for that which is decreed will be done. 37"He will show no regard for the gods of his fathers or for the desire of women, nor will he show regard for any other god; for he will magnify himself above them all.…

It is important to understand who is King

Last edited by pinacled; 03-27-2015 at 05:51 PM..

Old 03-27-2015, 07:56 PM

114 posts, read 79,664 times
And who isn't.

Old 03-27-2015, 09:20 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,213,996 times
Dueling bible quotes.

Is there anything less exciting?

Nope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.