Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2015, 05:42 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
That's all...

What is there in writings, speculation and opinion...that matches up
with a Direct Experience? Huh?...what?

I mean ...talk with someone that had an NDE...what can you say that matches they
'experienced' all is One...that All is perfect...that ALL is part of a perfect system...
ALL is 'ok'.
Love...be kind...learn and keep gaining more knowledge...

?

I see vanity...come ON!
a group of people to cross check oneself?
The direct observations that many NDE's match what is in people's brains?
field theory? That kind of supports them tho.
God helmet, wait am min, that can support it if you know what you are doing. (Mystic ... your on)
or not.

as long as we keep in mind that NDE's don't tell us anything we already don't know they are fine. Its when people start pushing them off as more or that their NDE is special-ler than that guys over there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2015, 06:06 PM

1,422 posts, read 952,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotagivan View Post
G()D.

What alternate experience does not involve an idea of G()D or evoke the concept of G()D?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tired of the Nonsense View Post
What "alternative experience?" Dreams? Despite being raised near San Francisco in the 60's, and having spent a good deal of time hanging around with friends in the Haight, I never actually did drugs myself. I have no "alternate experiences" to consider.
Well putting aside drug use to assist with gaining alternate experience (which many who do this will say help to connect them with G()D things,) the experiences being spoken of and illuded to in this and other threads.

Anything which is an alternate experience (yes even certain dreams) are all linked to an idea of G()D or evoke the concept of G()D, far as I can tell.

(Just G()D in general not any specific idea of G()D)

Old 06-29-2015, 06:15 PM

22,195 posts, read 19,233,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
IF that were true, and it was also true that they needed to be held accountable for teaching you a lesson by, themselves, being taught a lesson by someone else, then the person who taught them a lesson would need to be taught a lesson, etc., etc., etc., how would the cycle ever end?
the key piece for me is taking responsibility for everything in my world. Not blame, but responsibility, it is knowing and understanding the difference. if i was a tyrant to my family in a previous life, then it makes sense that i am born into this life and experience violence at the hands of a tyrant. if someone beheads a woman for wearing lipstick, then he gets to come back and experience that so he can learn through his own experience why it is wrong and bad.

do you learn something by reading it in a book, or by experiencing it first hand? do you learn something by someone telling you what not to do or by experiencing the natural consequences yourself? which in your life is the most effective teacher and carries the most weight?

how does it stop? it doesn't feel good to stay stuck in hate and bitterness. when a person is ready they walk into an existence of loving kindness, compassion, and humbleness. that is how it ends or stops, and we get off the wheel of reincarnation.

Last edited by Tzaphkiel; 06-29-2015 at 07:10 PM..

Old 06-29-2015, 08:41 PM

18,499 posts, read 9,167,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Agreed. I cannot take seriously anyone who thinks they have interactions with God. Proof is required, and conveniently none is ever supplied.
I'm glad that someone can see where I am coming from. Thank you.

Old 06-29-2015, 08:54 PM

18,499 posts, read 9,167,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Yes, because believing that God is love and that we are to love others is.... creepy and dangerous.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
What I see is that you are filled with self-admitted anger because of how your parents raised you. Dealing with that anger is for you to figure out. You've ignored any advice given to you that requires actual work on your part. Deciding the revelations of Mystic and Miss H (both preach love and peace) are dangerous or in any way connected to a ruthless murderer shows just how much work YOU need to do.

p.s. My revelations from God are along the lines of "Buy that homeless guy an Egg McMuffin. He hasn't had breakfast." If you think I'm dangerous.... I can deal with that. I'm REAL secure.
How do I know that any of you won't eventually get a "revelation" to do something nefarious? God is apparently telling some people to kill/harm on his behalf. How do I know that you folks won't eventually get the same message?

Step back for a minute and think: isn't the notion that humans are getting messages from cosmic supernatural beings just a little bit...insane? Think about it!

Old 06-29-2015, 09:29 PM

468 posts, read 265,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
How do I know that any of you won't eventually get a "revelation" to do something nefarious? God is apparently telling some people to kill/harm on his behalf. How do I know that you folks won't eventually get the same message?

Step back for a minute and think: isn't the notion that humans are getting messages from cosmic supernatural beings just a little bit...insane? Think about it!
Can I ask if you believe in a RIGHT and a WRONG? And why you do or don't.
That question goes for anyone who doubts in a deity

Last edited by clickstack; 06-29-2015 at 09:45 PM.. Reason: add

Old 06-29-2015, 09:31 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,441,267 times
all my understanding is nonsense before a God healing.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:03 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickstack View Post
Can I ask if you believe in a RIGHT and a WRONG? And why you do or don't.
That question goes for anyone who doubts in a deity
I smell another CARM disciple.

Old 06-29-2015, 10:16 PM

468 posts, read 265,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I smell another CARM disciple.
Are you afraid of the question?
Googled carm , never heard of it

Last edited by clickstack; 06-29-2015 at 10:20 PM.. Reason: add

Old 06-29-2015, 10:27 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clickstack View Post
Are you afraid of the question?
Googled carm , never heard of it
No. It's simply boring.

Never heard of CARM? Good.

Your postulations will be your own, for good or ill.

Unless, of course, you've borrowed from another source.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality