Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2018, 12:56 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,914,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
Wrong, although you could argue is shows 2/3 of one.

Not to anyone who can read English. ONLY the Father is called God at 1Cor 8:6
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek41 View Post
I'd actually agree the Trinity did not become dogma until later.
But it is implicit in the Bible, and not that hard for Non-Trinitarian denominations to be able to deduce either.
It is one of the few things (along with the Sunday Sabbath), that Evangelical churches kept as interpretative changes from Catholics.

A capitol G God error in the last line of John 1:1 is misleading 2 billion mortals. A small g god is 100% correct. That is why they became a house divided( 34,000 trinity religions) will not stand. ,Mark 3:24-26-- they cant seem to fathom that reality--They must have missed this-1Corinthians 1:10--unity of thought( all matters) no division.
I attended different ones in my day--truth is not found in them--confusion is.

Old 04-02-2018, 05:09 AM

10,098 posts, read 4,083,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
Seriously. I used to sit in a location at work not far from the desk of a Methodist minister's son. He liked to talk about Christianity. He seemed to hold it in a different light and make an off-handed comment about Catholics not being Christian.

I kept it to myself but thought it was so stupid that I couldn't get mad.

To me, any religion whose scriptural works are ONLY and BOTH the Old Testament and the New Testament, with the emphasis that your faith is put in practice largely through the New Testament, is a Christian religion. Period.

I'm not a religious expert, but I don't know what to make of religions that profess to be Christian but have OTHER books. I just don't know.

So, are Catholics Christians in your mind?
There's a lot of non-biblical man-made made up stuff within Catholicism. That is the problem Protestants tend to have with it.

Nuns; priests can't marry; Hail Mary; praying to Mary.

Old 04-02-2018, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
There's a lot of non-biblical man-made made up stuff within Catholicism. That is the problem Protestants tend to have with it.

Nuns; priests can't marry; Hail Mary; praying to Mary.

The protestants fixed very little of all the ungodly things and teachings the religion that came out of Rome brought in. Yes they condemn that religion but then live by its translating and place their eternal lives into that translating. Their translations are filled with errors and alterations. They can never accomplish this ultra important will of God= John 4:22-24

Old 09-22-2019, 12:35 AM

3,797 posts, read 2,992,667 times
It seems we get new Evangelical videos now, in a new sugar coated wrapping:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci04...69041727034540

Old 09-22-2019, 12:38 AM

3,797 posts, read 2,992,667 times
And how unusual, the Hell card comes out as quick as possible, along with the "not Born again" card!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqEi...68989559241883

Old 09-22-2019, 04:09 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
When various sects of Christianity (never mind different religions) demolish each other's beliefs, it makes our job easier. Ray Comfort is smart in going after believers who don't know their stuff. Tackling the vulnerable is always the prime target. John's 'born again' remark is open to some interpretation. And against that can be put Matthew's remark to not only Peter but the disciples, that they were given the rule of who gets into heaven (I'll get the quotes (1) and while being born again might be necessary it is the religious authority of Peter and the others that has the final say so. So if Ray Comfort isn't a member of the catholic Church, then he ain't getting into heaven, even if he has been born again.

At least that is as valid an argument as his and uses more than One Bible quote and doesn't ignore the others.

(1) Matthew 18. 18 Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.
19 Again I say unto you, That if two of you shall agree on earth as touching any thing that they shall ask, it shall be done for them of my Father which is in heaven.
20 For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them
Matthew 16 18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven

I need hardly explain the paper -trail that the Vatican has 'discovered' leading from Bethsaida to Peter as the first Pope.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 09-22-2019 at 04:26 AM..

Old 09-22-2019, 04:41 AM

1,378 posts, read 392,757 times
The Entire Trinity was manifested at my home yesterday. The Son came first & Then The Father, & about half an hour later The Holy Ghost Manifested.

Many times in Heaven God speaks of The Catholic Church as The Head of Christianity. It is definitely The Church He has chosen to symbolise the Christian people on earth. He also takes me to see magnificent Cathedrals in Heaven. And The Holy Mother is There. She is an eternal part of God. Probably the most important part. She always makes a point of talking to me & teaching me things. She is definitely much more than the mortal Mary mentioned in The Gospels. She is an Eternal Goddess without any doubt.
And I think Catholics are special because they show so much love for the Holy Mother. Many Christian Churches don't always acknowledge the Female (Holy Mother) part of their religion. She is absolutely amazing & The Most Beautiful Woman In All Existence.

Old 09-22-2019, 07:03 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
I still say an arena and spiked clubs sounds the best way to deal with all the various Faith -claims and visions.

Old 09-22-2019, 09:41 AM

4,430 posts, read 2,703,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean777 View Post
The Entire Trinity was manifested at my home yesterday. The Son came first & Then The Father, & about half an hour later The Holy Ghost Manifested.
Were there any hors d'oeuvres left when he finally arrived?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality