Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2015, 06:57 PM

10,525 posts, read 6,158,785 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post

The ignore function works.

I have no need for an electronic ignore function. I have my own, thanks.

In any case I wouldn't put Eusebius on ignore as I quite like him.

You don't have to ignore everyone you disagree with you know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2015, 07:57 AM

50,087 posts, read 20,697,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
He may have made simple cells first. But He also made all life on earth in a day. I don't understand why that is so hard to believe. Amoebas cannot become elephants even in a quadrillion years. They have built in mechanisms to prohibit that much change. There are codes which prohibit grandiose change such as what evolution thinks.
This is absolutely untrue. Amoebas contain all the genetic information to produce all kids of critters. There is no genetic barrier such as you claim. Your claim is based on total lack of knowledge of evolution - as usual. (1)
Quote:
Nonetheless, the historic documents which comprise what we call the Bible tell us that God created Adam in a day, not in a million or billion years. And the writers of the New Testament and Jesus tell us the same. So either you call Jesus an out and out liar or you say you are mistaken. Take your pick.
All right, the Jesus of the Gospels is not telling the truth. Was he telling the truth that disease and fits are cause by demons? You tell me.

And I have already demonstrated the reason why belief in Jesus does not require that the Christian believe in the literal truth of the book of secondhand myths called Genesis. But as usual you come making the same old debunked claims.

(1)
ABSTRACT
largest genomes belongs to a very small creature, Amoeba dubia. This protozoan genome has 670 billion units of DNA, or base pairs. The genome of a cousin, Amoeba proteus, has a mere 290 billion base pairs, making it 100 times larger than the human genome. ..

There are some Copyright sites and some Q and A but the information is not new. I can can perhaps excuse your mistaken idea of genetic barrier to speciation as there is a barrier to species interbreeding - which is necessary for speciation to occur. But species interbreeding is NOT the way evolutionary change happens.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 10-23-2015 at 08:14 AM..

Old 10-23-2015, 08:15 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,962,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
If humans are a separate creation and not a result of evolution, why then do we share a DEFECTIVE mutated gene with the great apes that prevents the production of vitamin C , necessitating that all great apes and their relatives , homo sapiens , take in vitamin c from the outside ?
Because God built that into both the ape and the human. It's not that hard to understand.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AREQUIPA View Post
This is absolutely untrue. Amoebas contain all the genetic information to produce all kids of critters. There is no genetic barrier such as you claim. Your claim is based on total lack of knowledge of evolution - as usual. (1)
If you were building a bunch of houses of wood and some were different sizes, would you use the same tools and building material for each home? I sure would. So that is the brilliance of the Creator in that the same construction materials can be used for the single celled amoeba as well as for the human. It's not that difficult to understand.

Quote:
All right, the Jesus of the Gospels is not telling the truth. Was he telling the truth that disease and fits are cause by demons? You tell me.

And I have already demonstrated the reason why belief in Jesus does not require that the Christian believe in the literal truth of the book of secondhand myths called Genesis. But as usual you come making the same old debunked claims.
  1. Jesus never lied. Therefore the creation story stands.
  2. Jesus never said all disease is caused by demons.
But as usual you came making the same old false accusations.

Quote:
ABSTRACT
Quote:
largest genomes belongs to a very small creature, Amoeba dubia. This protozoan genome has 670 billion units of DNA, or base pairs. The genome of a cousin, Amoeba proteus, has a mere 290 billion base pairs, making it 100 times larger than the human genome. ..

There are some Copyright sites and some Q and A but the information is not new. I can can perhaps excuse your mistaken idea of genetic barrier to speciation as there is a barrier to species interbreeding - which is necessary for speciation to occur. But species interbreeding is NOT the way evolutionary change happens. .
Sorry but it is built into the dna that a fish cannot become a lizard and a lizard a chimpanzee and a chimpanzee a human. It is just impossible.
God created the Amoebas with their units of DNA just as He did the human. It really is not that hard a concept to understand.
There is absolutely no proof humans evolved from an amoeba or a fish or a lizard or a chimp. None whatsoever. Yet that is the gospel of the evolutionist and all must bow at the alter of their scientists or be ridiculed.
I can't help it that human science has not caught up with God's science yet and maybe never will.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:30 AM

9,345 posts, read 4,321,091 times
Quote:
If you were building a bunch of houses of wood and some were different sizes, would you use the same tools and building material for each home? I sure would. So that is the brilliance of the Creator in that the same construction materials can be used for the single celled amoeba as well as for the human. It's not that difficult to understand.

[b]

Sorry but it is built into the dna that a fish cannot become a lizard and a lizard a chimpanzee and a chimpanzee a human. It is just impossible.
God created the Amoebas with their units of DNA just as He did the human. It really is not that hard a concept to understand.
There is absolutely no proof humans evolved from an amoeba or a fish or a lizard or a chimp. None whatsoever. Yet that is the gospel of the evolutionist and all must bow at the alter of their scientists or be ridiculed.
I can't help it that human science has not caught up with God's science yet and maybe never will.
Still waiting for God's science. Saying that God did it is not science even if God did do it, the writing of just saying he did it in a book is not science. The alter of evolution or science, good joke. Your proclaimations are just you saying so is also not science but almost half decent humour.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Do you have proof of these built in mechanisms or does it simply go against your religious beleifs? It is just that you make such large proclaimations even though your postings indicate that your understanding of evolution is not very strong. I can understand one beleiving in creation and therefore dismissing evolution but to make declarations that certain aspects of evolution are impossible is totally different, especially with all the erronous statements about evolution you have made. You beleive that life was all made on a single day, every tree, flower, bee , bug , shark and human?
This web site is done by real scientists:
DNA tests prove Darwin Was Wrong - Ape DNA very different from human DNA - Laws of Genetics Contradicts Ape to Human Evolution

They prove humans cannot be descended from apes. Here is one of their sub-heads:

APE AND HUMAN CHROMOSOMES ARE NOT 98% IDENTICAL

BUT ARE TOO DIFFERENT FOR EVOLUTION TO EXPLAIN

And they state:
"This means that "ape to human evolution" theory is missing the genetic mechanisms necessary for evolution to actually take place.

This is ABSOLUTE CONTRADICTING EVIDENCE that proves "ape to human evolution" is impossible,"

This link talks about mutations etc.:

DNA: The Tiny Code That's Toppling Evolution | United Church of God

Old 10-23-2015, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
Still waiting for God's science.
Keep waiting. You'll see it some day.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:51 AM

Quote:
This web site is done by real scientists:
DNA tests prove Darwin Was Wrong - Ape DNA very different from human DNA - Laws of Genetics Contradicts Ape to Human Evolution

They prove humans cannot be descended from apes. Here is one of their sub-heads:

APE AND HUMAN CHROMOSOMES ARE NOT 98% IDENTICAL

BUT ARE TOO DIFFERENT FOR EVOLUTION TO EXPLAIN

And they state:
"This means that "ape to human evolution" theory is missing the genetic mechanisms necessary for evolution to actually take place.

This is ABSOLUTE CONTRADICTING EVIDENCE that proves "ape to human evolution" is impossible,"

This link talks about mutations etc.:

DNA: The Tiny Code That's Toppling Evolution | United Church of God
I got it, as long as there is one web site that backs your beleifs the rest of the scientist are wrong. I can easily find an Islamic web site that proves your religious beleifs as wrong so I must also believe that as well. So by finding the "right" sites on the internet I have proof that evoltuion is impossible and Islam is the only one and true religion. Be ready to convert to the one true religion, there is a web site for it so it must be true.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:52 AM

18,490 posts, read 9,153,100 times
Quote:

[b]

God created all of the micro organisms that cause disease too. Such a cool dude.

Old 10-23-2015, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Keep waiting. You'll see it some day.

As there is zero science in the Bible and the Bible does not claim to be science it will be a very long wait. I will never see what is not there. I cannot see how claiming the Bible states things it does not claim to do is what religion is supposed to be about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality