Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2015, 09:16 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
You said it was about me. If you can't communicate on an adult level, don't blame me.
All this shows is that you lack the ability to read what is written, and the context it was written in. I suggest you go back and re-read that post. It was not about YOU.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:18 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
...there is little point to following god because even if you are evil, and commit evil acts, it was always god's plan from the beginning.

That's a pretty niche argument. And a pretty unhelpful way to explain reality as we experience it.
Not only this but people of Euse's mindset believe that no matter what heinous acts you commit against others or whatever evil deeds you commit that all you have to do is "believe" and all is forgiven.

They conveniently think they get a free pass at being evil.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:25 AM

1,490 posts, read 1,215,084 times
Quote:
No, it is not "might makes right" no matter how you parse it. What makes right is that God is working all together for GOOD. That is what makes right.
Trimming away the rest as you continually (perhaps intentionally) do not answer the question asked, and flip flop the question into your own argument from incredulity (e.g. the stove example was the point I was making, you don't get to take it for yourself just because your bible keeps showing examples of burning hands over & over and you ignore it).

And please...I don't have to quote scripture to demonstrate that (by your admission) god kills everybody because god's will is being done in reality. You have said as much...which means he is also making evil people do evil things.

And thats the crux of it. You can't demonstrate that god is good without a self-referential validation, like the bible (e.g. then what is the proof of the bible's validity? God? lol). And pulling a story here or there from your bible of some perceived greater good (usually with unnecessary deaths) does not excuse the evil which is committed.

I'm sorry to say it but you may be a lost cause in the practical sense. And I rarely give up on people because quite honestly, I believe in people and that they are naturally good (albeit biologically self-interested). They exist, I can prove it, and no fairy tales required nor faith needed. I find most people do not believe in a god who murders everybody on the planet, which is what you are suggesting in this thread. You, on the other hand, praise your god for murdering everybody on the planet ever...because it serves some greater purpose which you have no idea the details of...but it MUST be good because ya know, god made it & the bible says stuff. And he'll bring everybody back some day anyway so its all good with you...and you have faith he'll do that despite the billions of people who have died already and are not walking around to report the validity of this story.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:29 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Not only this but people of Euse's mindset believe that no matter what heinous acts you commit against others or whatever evil deeds you commit that all you have to do is "believe" and all is forgiven.

They conveniently think they get a free pass at being evil.
Case in point: Saul who later became Paul, the apostle of the nations. He considered himself the foremost of sinners. He took part in the murder of Stephen and others. Yet God chose him to be believing long before he was even born. We make no apology that God not only forgives us of our sins, He declares us to be righteous and justified and saved.

Now then, after one is saved, if one does evil, God will judge them adversitively like He did the Corinthians. But I am assured that no matter what I say, you will find fault with it.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:32 AM

1,490 posts, read 1,215,084 times
Quote:
Now then, after one is saved, if one does evil, God will judge them adversitively like He did the Corinthians. But I am assured that no matter what I say, you will find fault with it.
But you said god is the one who predetermined they would do everything they've ever done. So he is the one making the "saved" person commit evil acts, and then punishing them for it.

How could you not find that to be insane...if not evil?

Old 12-10-2015, 09:33 AM

14,294 posts, read 13,192,076 times
Quote:
Do you really think you have to touch the hot stove over and over to learn from that specific experience? Some people do not know they should not touch the stove. If I tell my daughter not to touch the stove and she does anyway out of rebellion, she will learn very quickly the result of that disobedience.
This makes my skin crawl. Little kids who are too young to understand heat are too young for rebellion. And need no obedience. The REAL lesson is not don't disobey my dad. It is that hot things burn. Most humans are not stupid. And don't want to be hurt. Which is a considerably better motivation, and carries longer term benefit, than simple, useless obedience.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Trimming away the rest as you continually (perhaps intentionally) do not answer the question asked, and flip flop the question into your own argument from incredulity (e.g. the stove example was the point I was making, you don't get to take it for yourself just because your bible keeps showing examples of burning hands over & over and you ignore it).

And please...I don't have to quote scripture to demonstrate that (by your admission) god kills everybody because god's will is being done in reality. You have said as much...which means he is also making evil people do evil things.
Well of course God creates wicked people to do evil things. How else do you think He gets things done?
Pro_16:4 Yahweh has made everything for its own pertinent end, Yea even the wicked for the day of evil."

Quote:
And thats the crux of it. You can't demonstrate that god is good without a self-referential validation, like the bible (e.g. then what is the proof of the bible's validity? God? lol). And pulling a story here or there from your bible of some perceived greater good (usually with unnecessary deaths) does not excuse the evil which is committed.
It proves God brings good out of the evil. Something you refuse to comprehend for some strange reason.

Quote:
I'm sorry to say it but you may be a lost cause in the practical sense.
Yea, well I'm sorry to say the same about you too.
Quote:
And I rarely give up on people because quite honestly, I believe in people and that they are naturally good (albeit biologically self-interested).
That is your problem. People inherently are not good. If they were inherently good there would be no need for a Saviour.

Quote:
They exist, I can prove it, and no fairy tales required nor faith needed. I find most people do not believe in a god who murders everybody on the planet, which is what you are suggesting in this thread.
Did I say God personally Himself murders all the people on this planet? Gee, I read the obituary the other day and many of the people died of natural causes.

Quote:
You, on the other hand, praise your god for murdering everybody on the planet ever
Say it often enough and maybe you will actually believe that your false statement is true.

Quote:
...because it serves some greater purpose which you have no idea the details of.
of course I have details. "God is working all together for good." and "He gives to all, life and breath and all" and one day He will give all mankind immortality and incorruption. Those are details enough for me. Sorry you don't see it but one day you will experience it even if right now you don't like it. . . you will like it.

Quote:
..but it MUST be good because ya know, god made it & the bible says stuff.
"stuff"? LOL. That sure sounds educated. "The bible says stuff." Wow! Of course God made it and the Bible tells us God will bring good our of all our lives.

Quote:
And he'll bring everybody back some day anyway so its all good with you.
You got that right.

Quote:
..and you have faith he'll do that despite the billions of people who have died already and are not walking around to report the validity of this story.
Yep, absolutely. All the billions and billions of people who lived and died will one day be given immortality and incorruption even if they can't validate it in this life. Yep. Absolutely. Kind of like when Kennedy said we will go to the moon in this decade. No proof. Just his say so. Most people didn't believe him. No one could validate it could be done. Yet we know the end result, now don't we?

Old 12-10-2015, 09:43 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,262,177 times
Quote:
But I am assured that no matter what I say, you will find fault with it
Why wouldn't I?

You're a person who is deluded with religion.

Yes I am well aware of those born agains. You know, the ones who are usually sitting on death row for committing heinous acts. They think just because they are "born again" this gives them a free pass at the evil they committed.

Old 12-10-2015, 09:47 AM

Quote:
But you said god is the one who predetermined they would do everything they've ever done. So he is the one making the "saved" person commit evil acts, and then punishing them for it.

How could you not find that to be insane...if not evil?
I make no apologies for God and what He is accomplishing in everyone's life. If a believer does something that is out of line then God corrects him/her for that. The person needs to experience what it is like to be out of line and experience the correction. How could you find that to be insane?

Old 12-10-2015, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Why wouldn't I?

You're a person who is deluded with religion.
LOL! I could give as immature a rejoinder but it would just encourage you in your immaturity.

Quote:
Yes I am well aware of those born agains. You know, the ones who are usually sitting on death row for committing heinous acts. They think just because they are "born again" this gives them a free pass at the evil they committed.
I think most of them are extremely sorry for what they did.
I wouldn't call it a "free pass" for what they did.

Let's look at it this way:

The murderer stands before God's throne and is crying and sobbing for killing another human.

God brings the murdered person before the throne but is in his immortal, incorruptible body. The person is alive. The murderer is so happy the person is alive. The murdered person is happy to be alive. God is happy both are alive. Everyone is happy. They have a happy reunion.
I imagine you, having an evil heart that you have, will find something sinister in all of this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality