Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2016, 09:03 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,919,184 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Thankfully, I have a faith that thrives on knowledge. Knowledge is the driving force. I have the opportunity to get to know the creator of the universe! And He ever now and then shows me just how clueless and stupid man is. The answers to life are all right there in the Bible.

Referring to the Bible as a children's bed time story book only shows just how ignorant you are about Christianity. When it's all said and done, I will benefit 1000 times more by having knowledge of God vs not knowing some man made scientific terminology or something like DNA sequences.
So, you must have agreed with Johnny Cochran when he said" If the glove don't fit, you must acquit" crowd? I mean, all that DNA evidence just was irrelevant. Right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2016, 09:22 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,964,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
Some of the greatest minds are coming out against evolution. I happen to be one of them. Here is another:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Oh my...Do you really think you have one of the greatest minds?
It is hard to be humble when I'm right all the time

Of course I'm just kidding. I am thankful God has given me a good mind but it is only great in certain disciplines.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:23 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,176,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
It is hard to be humble when I'm right all the time

Of course I'm just kidding. I am thankful God has given me a good mind but it is only great in certain disciplines.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
No intermediary fossils.
I posted some videos on here some time back of some scientists who said there's tons and tons of intermediary fossils, so many we can't count them all! Then when re-interviewed they said there were none.
Quote:
You have no idea what you are talking about....Every fossil is transitional, and every living creature is transitional between it's parents and it's offspring.
NO, actually there are no transitional fossils in the fossil record.

Evolutionary scientists disagree with you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYSRRBp2Wfg

Old 02-24-2016, 09:30 AM

Quote:
These discussions about god's existence always seem to end with the religious attempting to disprove evolution......Believe me when I tell you that even if you managed to disprove evolution it will do nothing to prove any god....I do understand though that there is no evidence for any god....You have arrived at a gunfight with no bullets.
Don't need bullets when one has cruse missiles, laser guided jdams, and the nuclear option.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:38 AM

20,439 posts, read 12,781,890 times
Quote:
These discussions about god's existence always seem to end with the religious attempting to disprove evolution......Believe me when I tell you that even if you managed to disprove evolution it will do nothing to prove any god....I do understand though that there is no evidence for any god....You have arrived at a gunfight with no bullets.
Yeah, a cosmic accident makes a LOT more sense.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Yeah, a cosmic accident makes a LOT more sense.
Compared to talking donkeys, mud men, rib women and living inside a giant fish - it sure does.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:43 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,731,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
It is not mocking to observe that you don't understand what you're critiquing. And you don't. Apparently you think that you must never hear a discouraging word or it's nasty.
Yes it is mockery because it serves zero purpose other than to prop your side up as superior. Telling me over and over that I lack 3rd grade education accomplishes nothing. Pointing out the flaws in my arguments with supporting valid evidence can change my perspective.

Quote:

Radical departures from current consensus ARE met with skepticism, as they should be. That is how science works. It is rather like the example you yourself (IIRC) gave in a post recently in this forum that if a measurement points to X 1000 times and then points to Y once. One instance of result Y does not invalidate a thousand result X's. Not unless result Y can be demonstrated to come from a more accurate method of measurement than X, or that points out a fatal flaw in X. Most likely Y is simply itself in error. And that is the default logical assumption until it is shown otherwise.
Radical departures should never be met with fear though. A scientist should always be open to the possibility that they are wrong even if it damages their pride. The result of Y demonstrates that an unknown variable may be in play. But hey what do I know, I have the education of an infant according to your side.

Quote:

In addition, the higher the level at which established science is challenged, you better believe it will require higher levels of credibility to successfully pull it off. Not the mechanical engineers, graduate students and technologists that ID supporters hold forth as their martyrs, to be sure. It will take for example a respected paleontologist with an extensive track record in his field, to challenge the current science on the fossil record. But if there is actually anything TO challenge, that would not be an obstacle. Some paleontologist somewhere would take up the cause.
Or the paleontologist might decide that avenue is not worth exploring if it means he or she will lose their grant money. Funny how I see a scientist constantly giving us new things to fears so we will run out and buy products instead of offering practical solutions. Millions of dollars donated to things like cancer research and what do we get year after year, nothing but the same old horrible treatments of chemo and radiation.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Compared to talking donkeys, mud men, rib women and living inside a giant fish - it sure does.
Compared to people who keep focusing on talking donkeys etc, I would choose to believe God any day over you.

Old 02-24-2016, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
Compared to people who keep focusing on talking donkeys etc, I would choose to believe God any day over you.
I guess you can consider yourself fortunate. Some would, anyway.

Most of us can't "choose" to believe anything once we're past the age of 10 or so - especially when all that's offered is a smorgasbord of childish fairy tales.

We prefer to believe in things that are true.

The bible isn't true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality