Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 02:28 PM

20,018 posts, read 13,491,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
You can disagree with my positions, but telling me that I am not a Christian (which is an ad hominem logical fallacy, btw) while knowing practically nothing about me is a personal attack.
I hope you're talking about someone other than me, because I never have suggested you're not a Christian. I have to reason to doubt your word on that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2016, 02:34 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
Mockery is a complete disregard for someone's personal feelings at the expense of obtaining some level of personal gratification. It most certainly is the opposite of having empathy.

You can disagree with my positions, but telling me that I am not a Christian (which is an ad hominem logical fallacy, btw) while knowing practically nothing about me is a personal attack.
And yet you feel correct in calling Trout or Warden atheist no matter how often they tell you they are not. Do you know them personally or is this yet another case where you get different rules from what you expect from the rest.

Perhaps you should start remembering what you do post so that you do not get upset when others do the same thing.

Old 04-29-2016, 04:28 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
how about one step to non literal religion.

1) How did this omni dude rise again?

I have no need to move on. Needing 11 is telling in of itself and believing that is it ok to believe that with no questioning is down right dangerous.

Old 04-29-2016, 04:57 PM

10,089 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
And yet you feel correct in calling Trout or Warden atheist no matter how often they tell you they are not. Do you know them personally or is this yet another case where you get different rules from what you expect from the rest.

Perhaps you should start remembering what you do post so that you do not get upset when others do the same thing.
I've explained before that when you have a dozen or more people attacking your faith, it all drones into one collective atheist voice. If mislabeling someone as an atheist is considered mockery then they should create a thread or post clearly distinguishing their beliefs.

Old 04-29-2016, 05:16 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,462,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Ever wonder where people "learn" to become atheists?

Look no further than the christian bible. Seems there are 11 verses that are so compelling, that many who have actually READ the bible, see atheism as a viable non'belief.

Genesis 19:8

As a father of three daughters myself, I cannot imagine offering my daughters to get raped so that I could protect the strangers under my roof.

Exodus 21:20-21

This was a favorite verse of slave-owners during the period of slavery in our country. In fact, all of Exodus 21 talks about the rules for treating slaves.

Leviticus 25:44-45

This is another verse about slaves, but this one includes the children. According to God, it is okay to buy and sell children. So apparently, everybody today who is trying to raise awareness about the human trafficking of children just needs to shut up. Apparently, God’s in favor of it.

1 Peter 2:18

So if you are a slave, and your master beats you harshly, you should just accept it. After all, fear of your master is a good thing.

Deuteronomy 22:20-21

So if a woman has pre-marital sex, she should be stoned. Other texts lay guilt on the man as well, but the guilty male gets less attention than the guilty female.

Deuteronomy 23:1

So if your penis is cut off or your balls are crushed, God does not accept your worship. God only accepts worship from people whose genitals are in good condition (minus the foreskin of course … that sort of mutilation is required by God).

Deuteronomy 25:11-12

So two men are fighting and a woman steps in to defend her man, and ends up grabbing the genitals of her husband’s opponent. Rather than discipline the men for fighting in the first place, the proper response in this case is to cut off the woman’s hand.

Leviticus 21:18-19

To approach God, you apparently had to be a perfect male specimen, with a working penis. Everybody else could not approach Him.

Leviticus 20:9

How is this even remotely justified? I don’t care if a kid cursed his parents with the worst curses ever uttered, does he deserve to get stoned to death for it?

2 Kings 2:23-24

Apparently, even though God doesn’t want people to worship him who are blind in one eye, or have a limb too long, or have eczema, He is a big fan of bald men!

Psalm 137:9

Happy? The word here could also be translated as “blessed.â€
But try to picture the scene. Was this like baby piñata day?

Welcome to church, and enjoy your god-given blessings.
Most Atheists aren't atheists because this or that quote from the Bible. It is a rejection of the supernatural and the idea that an unseen entity controls the world.

Old 04-29-2016, 05:31 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,328,055 times
Quote:
I've explained before that when you have a dozen or more people attacking your faith, it all drones into one collective atheist voice. If mislabeling someone as an atheist is considered mockery then they should create a thread or post clearly distinguishing their beliefs.
I was referring only to the second paragraph. 8f you feel someone has to know you personally before they can say you are or are not a Christian, you should have to also know someone before you can tell them that they are not a Christian. You have told several posters that they cannot be Christians and yet you do not know them personally.

You are beginning 5o overuse the term mockery for disagreements with your words.

Old 04-29-2016, 05:36 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Seriously, we all know the REAL reason people are driven to ATHEISM...
Attached Thumbnails
Atheism in 11 easy steps-atheism_fake_christians.jpg  

Old 04-29-2016, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
Most Atheists aren't atheists because this or that quote from the Bible. It is a rejection of the supernatural and the idea that an unseen entity controls the world.
really? I thought that was what I said in my post????

Old 04-29-2016, 05:38 PM

Quote:
I know that feeling..why can't they just let me believe!!!

Old 04-29-2016, 05:44 PM

Quote:
https://youtu.be/lQkpes3dgzg?t=45s

Jeffy, if only you could hear. If only you would listen.

The knowledge you could absorb and the truth you might understand..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality