Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2016, 09:27 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,947,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
You are well aware of the statement, extraordinary claims (an after life, an higher power, etc.) require extraordinary proves.

The bible ain't one of those.

Yea, the Bible is one of those. So let's let Propulser answer the question please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 10:02 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,928,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Yea, the Bible is one of those. So let's let Propulser answer the question please

WHY is the Bible one of those? You keep making assertions, but won't (or can't) qualify them.

Old 05-19-2016, 12:57 AM

30,267 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propulser View Post
The greatest threat the Christianity, and to all religions and "belief" systems, gods etc., is TRUTH, and the TRUTH is that there is no god, no heaven, no hell, no reincarnation or life after death etc.
Nothing cracks me up more than some "expert" stating that they know "the truth!" TM about religion or what happens after a person dies.

Look here, step right up, ladies and gentlemen, "The ALL KNOWING" who is leaps and bounds more intelligent than scholars for hundreds of years who have been studying the very question: "What does happen?" is here, standing humbly before you! More knowledgeable than all the scientists! Right here, on City Data, THE expert on "what happens after you die"....we have been graced with the very presence of "The ALL KNOWING"!

People would love to book "The ALL KNOWING Know It All" for conferences, lectures, documentaries, and on the news to hear and be shown the undeniable proof - to show the world the answer, once and for all - so that all the great scholars and scientists, the philosophers...they can all take a break now because "The ALL KNOWING" has spoken. But "The ALL KNOWING" came here, instead. Oh how did we get so lucky?!

Where did "The ALL KNOWING" get their undeniable proof? We will never know...because the proof is simply, "I just know".

So, ladies and gentlemen....

...you're just going to have to have FAITH.

hahahahaha, you are not to be taken seriously at all Mr. "All KNOWING".

Old 05-19-2016, 01:54 AM

11,030 posts, read 5,993,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Propulser View Post
The greatest threat the Christianity, and to all religions and "belief" systems, gods etc., is TRUTH, and the TRUTH is that there is no god, no heaven, no hell, no reincarnation or life after death etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Nothing cracks me up more than some "expert" stating that they know "the truth!" TM about religion or what happens after a person dies.

Look here, step right up, ladies and gentlemen, "The ALL KNOWING" who is leaps and bounds more intelligent than scholars for hundreds of years who have been studying the very question: "What does happen?" is here, standing humbly before you! More knowledgeable than all the scientists! Right here, on City Data, THE expert on "what happens after you die"....we have been graced with the very presence of "The ALL KNOWING"!

People would love to book "The ALL KNOWING Know It All" for conferences, lectures, documentaries, and on the news to hear and be shown the undeniable proof - to show the world the answer, once and for all - so that all the great scholars and scientists, the philosophers...they can all take a break now because "The ALL KNOWING" has spoken. But "The ALL KNOWING" came here, instead. Oh how did we get so lucky?!

Where did "The ALL KNOWING" get their undeniable proof? We will never know...because the proof is simply, "I just know".

So, ladies and gentlemen....

...you're just going to have to have FAITH.

hahahahaha, you are not to be taken seriously at all Mr. "All KNOWING".
So Three Wolves, I take it that you have personally been to heaven, seen and spoken to God and also visited hell, to know with such certainty that they exist?

Let's analyse a part of what you just said;
Quote:
And you "just know" this? You should think about what you say before posting.

Last edited by 303Guy; 05-19-2016 at 02:03 AM..

Old 05-19-2016, 04:58 AM

30,267 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
So Three Wolves, I take it that you have personally been to heaven, seen and spoken to God and also visited hell, to know with such certainty that they exist?

Let's analyse a part of what you just said;
And you "just know" this? You should think about what you say before posting.
Yeah, that's exactly what I said....any time I see someone start with, "So you're saying..." it always leads to one of the dumbest interpretations ever.

That's what you're throwing out as your argument?

How about: I don't pretend to know everything, because NONE OF IT CAN BE PROVEN OR DISPROVEN. None of you know. Not a one of you. The atheist does not know. The Christian does not know.

No. One. Knows.

You should think about what you say before posting.

Old 05-19-2016, 05:19 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,744,698 times
We have strayed off topic a bit, can we get back to discussing sex?

Old 05-19-2016, 12:58 PM

788 posts, read 513,068 times
Quote:
The answer I have come up with after decades of diligent search is that there is not a tendril of evidence to support the existence of a god, creator, spirit etc. Further, all evidence on the issue of a god tends to be most conclusively contradict the notion of a god. Not absolute proof, but a strong indicator that there is none.

Old 05-19-2016, 01:13 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,388,261 times
Quote:
Don't tell me my Bible doesn't count and as predictable you have the same mundane answer as I expected. By the way I didn't ask you or I don't remember putting the statement or query under your user name, so I will let propulser answer , thank you.
The Bible can not be used as evidence for what the Bible claims. If you think it can, then I have land on Mars to sell you. I mean, seriously man, you can't be that dense and have made it to adulthood.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:30 AM

11,030 posts, read 5,993,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yeah, that's exactly what I said....any time I see someone start with, "So you're saying..." it always leads to one of the dumbest interpretations ever.

That's what you're throwing out as your argument?

How about: I don't pretend to know everything, because NONE OF IT CAN BE PROVEN OR DISPROVEN. None of you know. Not a one of you. The atheist does not know. The Christian does not know.

No. One. Knows.

You should think about what you say before posting.
I'll take that as a no. I do agree that the Christian does not know but that is not what they claim. We do not know either of course. You in particular do not know. You have just admitted that there is not reason to assume there is such a thing as heaven or hell or anything in between. That makes believing in something just because no-one know (or can ever know) is pretty silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
We have strayed off topic a bit, can we get back to discussing sex?
You are quite right.

Isn't Christianity sexually transmitted?

I mean, if a child is born to Christian parents, it will be indoctrinated into the same beliefs. Sure, some will see the light and break free. Also, some folks will become entrapped and get indoctrinated but basically, Christianity is what one is born into and one gets born due to sex.

Old 05-20-2016, 12:18 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Because Mormons say they are Christian. Muslims say they are Muslims. Catholics and Baptists say they are Christians. Nobody doubts Scientologists when they say they are Scientologists, right? No one doubts a Buddhist whether they are, right? It doesn't matter if they are Theravada, Mahayana or Vijayanagar.

If Muslims accept the BOM, then that is their issue. I'm saying, as an atheist, that if a Mormon, or a Catholic , or a Coptic or a Jehovah Witness or a Baptist say they are Christian, who am I to argue? If a Sufi, a Sunni, a Shiite or a Wahhabi say they are Muslim, that is their call, not mine. Or yours.

They don't match up? Since when is that a criteria? Need I remind you of the synoptic versus John?
I would suggest that the last person that is to judge a religion and say what it actually teaches is the person that is on the outside, looking in. As you've said yourself, you are not qualified to do so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality