Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-15-2016, 06:43 PM

13,011 posts, read 13,038,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
I would say that the proof of an afterlife is Christ being roused from the dead and ascending to the Father.

"We shall not all die but we shall be change, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump, and the dead in Christ will rise first and we who are alive will meet the Lord together in the air. Wherefore comfort one another with these words."
That would be proof, if you could prove that it happened.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2016, 06:54 PM

4,904 posts, read 6,013,333 times
None of this has been tested in a lab. This may be personal evidence for you, but it's not the kind of objective proof of an afterlife.

Old 05-15-2016, 06:56 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,955,378 times
Quote:
I would say that the proof of an afterlife is Christ being roused from the dead and ascending to the Father.
"We shall not all die but we shall be change, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump, and the dead in Christ will rise first and we who are alive will meet the Lord together in the air. Wherefore comfort one another with these words."
If a person has an after life then they are more alive at death than before death.
At death Jesus was Not alive, but went to the Bible's hell ( grave ) until God resurrected the dead Jesus out of hell - Acts 2:27; Acts 3:15; Acts 13:30,37; Colossians 2:12
Jesus was Not alive conscious at death because Jesus taught sleep in death - John 11:11-14
Jesus based his beliefs on the old Hebrew Scriptures which also teach sleep in death.
- Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4; Ecclesiastes 9:5
Remember Jesus was resurrected as first fruit from the dead - Colossians 1:18
Jesus was the first of those who slept in death - 1st Corinthians 15:20,23
Only those called to heaven have a first or earlier resurrection to heaven - Revelation 20:6; 5:0-10;2:10
The majority of mankind - John 3:13 - will have a happy-and-healthy future physical resurrection back to life on a beautiful paradisical Earth under Christ's 1,000-year governmental rulership over Earth when enemy death will then be no more.
- 1st Corinthians 15:26; Isaiah 25:8; Revelation 21:4-5

Old 05-15-2016, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
With Jesus Christ the remains of the dead body stay in the grave , but people take their conscious soul remembering their life on the earth , which are collected by God`s Spirit , and protected and live with God for ever more , as their body would be gone and they would receive a glorified Body with substance in the Spirit through Jesus , and they may not look the same as they did on the earth ...... But people need to get Jesus on their lives , and His Holy Spirit on their soul , which God does , and people saved will Know it and Gods Spirit people will know ....
However, some people are annihilated by bombs, and some drown and are buried at sea and there are No remains.
The soul that sins dies - Ezekiel 18:4,20 - so the soul is mortal and Not death proof.
The soul can be destroyed - Acts 3:23
Jesus taught: sleep in death - John 11:11-14
Jesus knew the teaching of ' sleep in death ' from the old Hebrew Scriptures which also teach sleep in death:
- Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4; Daniel 12:2,13; Ecclesiastes 9:5,10

At death Adam ' returned ' to the dust of the ground - Genesis 3:19
Adam went from non-life, to life, and returned back to non-life.
Can a person ' return ' to a place he never was before ?_____
So, there was No post-mortem life for Adam.

Those called to heaven have a glorified body (spirit body) and they have a first or earlier resurrection - Rev. 20:6; 5:9-10
The majority of mankind ( Like King David - Acts 2:34 ) will have a healthy sound physical resurrection being restored back to life on a beautiful paradisical Earth during Jesus' millennial-long day of governing over Earth. They will have the same opportunity that was given to Adam before his downfall. They can live forever on Earth ( everlasting life on Earth ) as long as obeying God. faithful Job looked forward to that future healthy time on Earth according to Job 33:25.

Old 05-15-2016, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelym View Post
Who's version of the Bible did you get this information? Dr. Suess? You obviously do not know how to quote scripture or what your talking about! Faux Christian!
Would you like to try the King James Version Bible ?______

Sure I can quote Scripture but can't a person read Scripture for oneself ?______

Dr. Suess did Not teach the dead know nothing but that is what the Bible really teaches.

Doesn't Ecclesiastes 9:5 say the dead know not anything ?

Doesn't Psalm 115:17 say the dead do Not praise God ?

Doesn't Psalm 146:4 say at death thoughts perish ?

Didn't Jesus liken death to sleep at John 11:14 ?

When the Jews began mixing with the Greeks they started to adopt their philosophies and theories and began teaching them as Scripture although Not found in Scripture - Matthew 15:9 - that does Not make Bible teachings as wrong but makes the corrupted clergy teachings as wrong.

Old 05-16-2016, 11:30 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,916,433 times
Yes, we all reincarnate.

As worm food.

Old 05-17-2016, 05:16 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,370,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
Don't want to believe in God? Don't believe in God! But denying an afterlife is willful ignorance.
There is nothing ignorant about recognizing a claim is unsubstantiated. Your claim there is a god is unsubstantiated. Your claim there is an after life is unsubstantiated. You got literally nothing.

Quote:
Let me explain. We have in the nature world thousands of plants and animals (probably more, not a scientist).
I am not many things too, but I tend to have at least a BASIC grasp of a topic before I speak about it. For example your "1000s probably more" statement is so far wrong that it would be like me saying "I am not a footballer but I imagine a football pitch is a few inches long, probably more".

In fact there is about 10000 species of animal discovered each year. Well over 1 million have been described. And projections for how many there are go up as high as numbers like 50 million.

Probably more. Hah.

Quote:
First, we have several animals that transform into other creatures.
No. We do not. We have animals where different stages of their life cycle are very structurally different to each other. But we do not have animals that change into a different creature.

Quote:
We see death as an end, but there is nothing to suggest it isn't a sort of transformation into existence on a parallel universe.
There is plenty to suggest that actually. There certainly is nothing, least of all from you, to suggest it IS such a transformation however. So what you started the post calling "willful ignorance" is actually nothing more than an entirely unsubstantiated appeal to the negative. No surprise there however.

Quote:
Then we have the seasons. Everything seems to die at winter but returns to life in spring. Another hint. Death and life are a continuum.
Except "seems" is the operative word here. Just because things SEEM to die, when they in fact do not, you have no basis to extrapolate that into an after life for things that DO die. Even by your usual standards, you are pedaling a nonsense here. And that is saying something.

Quote:
Proof!
Not in that link, no.

Old 05-17-2016, 05:20 AM

261 posts, read 156,592 times
Quote:

How is that proof as there is no evidence Jesus was resurrected.

Old 05-17-2016, 09:05 AM

50,086 posts, read 20,691,451 times
Seems a lot of 'takes' on the idea of an afterlie, from reincarnation to Us continuing after death. In some identifiably Same but undefinably Better body.

Aside from noting that it would seem to be an element of wishful thinking that I could blame on an evolved survival -instinct, AND that it wouldn't worry me unuly if there was one, since I cannot credit for an instant that any one of the myriad manmade gods is in actuality handing out afterlife -passes, I have seen nothing here to persuade me that there is really an afterlife. Therefore, I propose, friends, that you consider taking the Reverse Pascall. Since you cannot count on another life and you cannot expect to gain anything by believing there is one, but only lose out on the one life we have if you don't make the most of it, Bet on disbelief in a next life and bet on this one.

Last edited by TRANSPONDER; 05-17-2016 at 09:15 AM..

Old 05-18-2016, 02:52 PM

10,607 posts, read 11,654,459 times
Interesting subject; I have two questions that may pertain to this particular topic or may not, you decide. First question, if a person dies unexpectedly, which seems to be the case anyway because nobody really expects to die, does that person know that their dead?..... Second question, it has often been related by individuals who have had near-death experiences that they have proclaimed that they have gone towards the light in the tunnel of some kind, is it possible that that tunnel is a woman's birth canal and the light that you are seeing is you being born again. Something to think about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality