Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 11:44 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,198,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
So, are you moving on from bashing gays to bashing transvestites and transsexuals?

Or just including them in your all-purpose LGBT bashing?
Im not into bashing anyone. I just find it interesting what some people consider delusional while thinking other things are normal. I'm thinking Max Klinger would be a different man in today's army.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 12:12 PM

10,534 posts, read 6,169,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
In this day and age of telling men they can decide to just be a woman by putting on a dress and then using the women's locker room, you choose to single out the "relationship with Jesus" as delusional?

Really?

This is the best you could come up with as a counter-argument?

You're clutching at straws Vizio.

Old 05-23-2016, 12:17 PM

10,534 posts, read 6,169,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Being around, and in direct contact, with so many people, for so long, I have gotten pretty good at "reading" people.
Ahh you're not getting me there.

I have also 'been around and in direct contact with many people' for quite a long time. That's what you get by being alive in general. LOL. Unless you're a hermit.
I don't know how old you are but can't play the age card. Haha.

I think I'm also pretty good at reading people and can't detect any angst in the OP's post. Seems quite lighthearted to me.

Quote:
The OP notes, in no uncertain terms & replete with a mocking fictitious/hypothetical conversation...that he is surrounded by people he finds to be "creepy" and "delusional".
It would certainly be understood that would cause one feelings of malaise to be in that circumstance. I find it difficult to make any other assessment of it.
Also...the OPs post drips with "angst"...the way my posts convey the twisted amusement I get being a wiseguy. But, then again, I admit it.
I noted my understanding of the circumstance in my response...and wished Texan luck in being stuck in a situation he won't be able to change, that he feels that way about. I'm sure you were, like all others, deeply moved by the feelings of intense concern and sympathy emanating from my words!
And, I like this thread a lot more now...cuz it resulted in an exchange with you.
Now don't try and get round me Gldnrule with your charm. You won't get me that way either.
Well maybe a bit.

Old 05-23-2016, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
This is the best you could come up with as a counter-argument?

You're clutching at straws Vizio.
I was just making an observation. There really is less and less common sense displayed on these boards, and in the world today. The bar for "delusional" really is set very very low.

Old 05-23-2016, 06:34 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,606,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
And this new friend who you haven't met, let alone introduced to your other friend, already loves them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
And is going to burn them if they don't love him back.
Epiphany Martin?

Old 05-23-2016, 06:55 PM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
Quote:
In this day and age of telling men they can decide to just be a woman by putting on a dress and then using the women's locker room, you choose to single out the "relationship with Jesus" as delusional?

Really?
Good one Viz. I found that kinda funny. He does have a point though. One person's reasonable is another's delusional. I don't see the relationship with Jesus as delusional. Most of us have our brains primed from early on to look for signs of God in our life. When patterns show up (which is how our minds work anyway) they get attributed to Jesus if they are good. The brain priming I have a problem with is the one where humans are less than. You know Viz, how we don't have intrinsic value and God may destroy as at will because we are objects. The priming where humans cannot overcome without the help of God and our true nature is that of sin. The priming to only focus on what is wrong with the world because that means Jesus is going to come back and only save the ones that adhere to a particular brand of Christianity. The priming to not try and make the world a better place, because we are all incapable and need it done for us, but to actually work against unity unless it fits the narrow band of what have determined God wants from us.

Old 05-23-2016, 07:19 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,263,697 times
Default Your own Personal Jesus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1xrNaTO1bI

Old 05-23-2016, 07:41 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
I was just making an observation. There really is less and less common sense displayed on these boards, and in the world today. The bar for "delusional" really is set very very low.
And yet Christian fundies can still limbo under it.

Old 05-23-2016, 08:05 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Good one Viz. I found that kinda funny. He does have a point though. One person's reasonable is another's delusional. I don't see the relationship with Jesus as delusional. Most of us have our brains primed from early on to look for signs of God in our life. When patterns show up (which is how our minds work anyway) they get attributed to Jesus if they are good. The brain priming I have a problem with is the one where humans are less than. You know Viz, how we don't have intrinsic value and God may destroy as at will because we are objects. The priming where humans cannot overcome without the help of God and our true nature is that of sin. The priming to only focus on what is wrong with the world because that means Jesus is going to come back and only save the ones that adhere to a particular brand of Christianity. The priming to not try and make the world a better place, because we are all incapable and need it done for us, but to actually work against unity unless it fits the narrow band of what have determined God wants from us.
Good one, L8!! You have exposed the fetid underbelly of the self-righteous fundamentalist beliefs masquerading as Christian. Christ would denounce every single one of those beliefs.

Old 05-23-2016, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Ive never suggested that you are "less than". The fact is, I'm as much of a sinner as you and everyone else. God does offer you the same forgiveness I have received. I honestly don't care whom you choose to have sex with.

Honestly...maybe the reason you think we always focus on it is because your side is constantly bringing it up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality