Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2016, 12:32 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
I thought you said you took a statistics class?

The difference between this link and how the study was conducted is far different.

Here is how your Pew Study was conducted.

The 2014 U.S. Religious Landscape Study is based on telephone interviews with more than 35,000 Americans from all 50 states.

Do you see that? 35,000 folks from ALL 50 states. No wonder the number's look like they do for your study.

My study on the other hand was conducted as such:

The study coincides with the US census. National polls rarely give any religious data below the national level. This study gives a picture of county-level religious affiliation nationwide. The longevity of the study helps to identify trends and track religious change. It's much more comprehensive and accurate.

U.S. Religion Census 1952 to 2010
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2016, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I find it interesting that you'd say that. Because we get the exact same attitude from certain people that tend to post anti-religious threads here daily.
I think the only thing you get are people who stand up to the lies and deception you try and spread about science, scientists and the world that we live in.

I's clear that you find that posters smug judgmental self-righteous attitude acceptable? Yep you are also a prime example of folks just like him. I am sure Jesus would be proud.

Old 05-24-2016, 12:35 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
I think the only thing you get are people who stand up to the lies and deception you try and spread about science and the world that we live in.
Weird.....because we say the SAME EXACT THING about your side in reference to science, the world, and religion.

The fact is YOU'RE the one that is hanging out on a religion forum to tell us all about how you think we've got it wrong.

Old 05-24-2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Weird.....because we say the SAME EXACT THING about your side in reference to science, the world, and religion.

The fact is YOU'RE the one that is hanging out on a religion forum to tell us all about how you think we've got it wrong.
Hanging out? Not hardly.

Telling you how I think you have it wrong? Not hardly...it's more like I am pointing out to you the discrepancies, that are well substantiated, that debunk the rubbish that you spew about science and the world we live in. Vs. spewing lies, deception and ignorance as you and many other bible thumpers do.

You don't even understand the difference...why am I not surprised? I agree it's very weird.

Old 05-24-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Hanging out? Not hardly.

Telling you how I think you have it wrong? Not hardly...it's more like I am pointing out to you the discrepancies, that are well substantiated, that debunk the rubbish that you spew about science and the world we live in. Vs. spewing lies, deception and ignorance as you and many other bible thumpers do.

You don't even understand the difference...why am I not surprised? I agree it's very weird.
Why do you care so much to try to "point out" and "debunk" things about a God that you supposedly don't believe in? I don't believe in Islam, but I don't frequent the Islam forum to harass the nice folks there that do.

I mean..seriously. There is a word that can be used to describe what you and others do here.

Old 05-24-2016, 12:56 PM

19,999 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Quote:
Why do you care so much to try to "point out" and "debunk" things about a God that you supposedly don't believe in? I don't believe in Islam, but I don't frequent the Islam forum to harass the nice folks there that do.

I mean..seriously. There is a word that can be used to describe what you and others do here.
None of which has the slightest relevance to whether or not you accurately represent the actual positions of the science you critique or that you have a valid critique in the first place.

And over and over and over again we have explained why and how were engage in discussions about these topics and how that is and isn't connected to what we do or don't believe. Here, too, you insist on bearing false witness as to our motivations, the nature and substance of our belief position, and the basis for it. Rather than asking us what those motivations and characteristics actually are, or paying the slightest attention to the answers, you continue to flog the notion that because we don't believe we have no right to talk about it, or that we have some secret inner knowing that we are wrong, or some other sub pop psych pap. And to pretend that these issues have not been addressed or that you have not been corrected concerning it.

You and Eusebius happen to be on a roll together today. I told him I thought until now he was better than that, and I say the same to you now.

Old 05-24-2016, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Actually it's you who comes here to harass us with your lies and distorted deception about the world we live in and science. I stand up to lies and deception.

I don't frequent the Islam forum since they don't interfere with science, education and human rights in my country. They are also not trying to shove their religion down our throats.

I am not debunking a god that does not exist. I am debunking people, like you, who make unsubstantiated claims about the world we live in, scientists and science.

Quote:
DITTO!

Old 05-24-2016, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Actually it's you who comes here to harass us with your lies and distorted deception about the world we live in and science. I stand up to lies and deception.
This is a "Religion and Spirituality" forum. Do you realize that? I've personally never started a thread here about science. Why would I?
Quote:
I don't frequent the Islam forum since they don't interfere with science, education and human rights in my country.

I am not debunking a god that does not exist. I am debunking people who make unsubstantiated claims about the world we live in, scientists and science.

DITTO!

Old 05-24-2016, 01:07 PM

Quote:
This is a "Religion and Spirituality" forum. Do you realize that?
You bet I realize that! Do you realize that people think ID and Creationism are science?

christianity, ID nor creationism owns the conversation on evolution or how the world works. This is why you find scientifically literate people here in this part of the forum...it's crucial.

Quote:
I've personally never started a thread here about science. Why would I?
You and I both know why.

Next time you want to spew ignorance about scientists, science or how the Universe and world works, just stroll over to the Science forum and yell that evolution is a lie and ID and creationism is a science. I would love to see that!

Old 05-24-2016, 01:10 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Moderator cut: Quoted post deleted
Which is why he and other fundie lie-peddlers need to be confronted constantly for reproof and correction.

Last edited by mensaguy; 05-24-2016 at 02:25 PM.. Reason: Quopted post deleted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality