Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2016, 11:09 AM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumf View Post
I sincerely pray for those of you who don't believe in God every day.
I don't condemn them, or damn them or wish them to hell... If they don't believe in Him, they're going to end up there - and that has nothing to do with me. My job, as a Christian, is to draw them closer to Him - not outcast those who don't believe for not believing in Him...
You are more than welcome to talk to yourself if you feel it helps you somehow. If I believed in prayer, I would pray for those of you who are perfectly fine with worshipping a being who is going to torture most of your family members and friends for eternity, and see nothing wrong with that. You people are truly scary.... You also made me think of something...

To paraphrase Doug Stanhope... "He died for your sins. how does one affect the other? uh, i hit myself in the foot with a shovel for your mortgage. i don't understand!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 11:14 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
You are more than welcome to talk to yourself if you feel it helps you somehow. If I believed in prayer, I would pray for those of you who are perfectly fine with worshipping a being who is going to torture most of your family members and friends for eternity, and see nothing wrong with that. You people are truly scary.... You also made me think of something...

To paraphrase Doug Stanhope... "He died for your sins. how does one affect the other? uh, i hit myself in the foot with a shovel for your mortgage. i don't understand!"
I'm sorry you have such a bad attitude. I really am.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'm sorry you have such a bad attitude. I really am.
Says the guy who thinks all non Christians are beneath him. Actually, come to think of it, you also think many Christians are....

My attitude is just fine, Vizio. It is those of you who come on here proclaiming all non believers are going to burn!, and whatnot, that need an attitude adjustment.

Also, why reply to my post to someone else, while ignoring the post I made to you?

Old 05-25-2016, 11:17 AM

18,499 posts, read 9,167,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
Inherently however if someone is a child of the devil and you are not it's pretty clear who's the better person, practically and structurally speaking.

I watched "United Shades of America"'s pilot last night in which a black guy meets various members of the KKK and it's the same general idea. The modern KKK claims to "love" black people and "the other mud races" but it is pretty clear that they are relieved they are white because to them it is a better state of affairs. It is hard to watch a person who claims to have no issues with black people opine to a black person's face that blacks are not capable of nor have the discipline to maintain social order and abide by the law. And then self-ratifies by pointing out the black ghettos as evidence.

No, I'm not suggesting you're a racist, but my point is, your assertion that some people are lost and some are not has pretty much the same basis (your say-so based on your personal subjective interpretational system for your particular holy book of choice) as the notion that races should be separate rather than mixed. And your insistence that you don't think anyone is "less than" rings just about as hollow.

Quote:
The difference, of course, is that anyone can come to Jesus and receive salvation.
Implication: until they come to Jesus, non-Christians are fundamentally inferior/evil/subhuman.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
But until then, they really ARE fundamentally inferior.
Who says that? I've never suggested it.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Says the guy who thinks all non Christians are beneath him. Actually, come to think of it, you also think many Christians are....
I've never said that. Please stop lying about me.
Quote:

My attitude is just fine, Vizio. It is those of you who come on here proclaiming all non believers are going to burn!, and whatnot, that need an attitude adjustment.
That's what Jesus said. Your beef is with Jesus, not me.

of course Jesus, and we, also proclaim that you are invited to come to Jesus for salvation.
Quote:
Also, why reply to my post to someone else, while ignoring the post I made to you?
Would it really matter? I've answered the questions on other posts, and besides..why would I believe you wouldn't twist my words and lie about me as you did on this one?

Old 05-25-2016, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Who says that? I've never suggested it.
Sure you have never actually said those words, but the words you do say, make it real clear what you think of non believers, and those of other faiths. You look down upon them, think they are somehow "lesser humans", and indeed inferior.

You can rationalize it all you want, but the words you actually say, prove us right, and you wrong on this particular issue.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
I've never said that. Please stop lying about me.
Your words have indeed said that.

Quote:
That's what Jesus said. Your beef is with Jesus, not me.

of course Jesus, and we, also proclaim that you are invited to come to Jesus for salvation.
No, my "beef" isn't with a character in a novel. It is with the person who claims those who do not believe as he does are inferior, and will burn for eternity for no reason.

Oh, he will let me join his club? All I have to do is throw out my brain and thinking capabilities, right? Oh, and I have to be completely fine with my loved ones being burned for eternity for daring to use the thinking abilities they were afforded.

Quote:
Would it really matter? I've answered the questions on other posts, and besides..why would I believe you wouldn't twist my words and lie about me as you did on this one?
I am not twisting your words Vizio, I am merely reading the subtext of what you are saying. If you notice, you are the only one here who thinks that ISN'T what you were saying.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Sure you have never actually said those words, but the words you do say, make it real clear what you think of non believers, and those of other faiths. You look down upon them, think they are somehow "lesser humans", and indeed inferior.

You can rationalize it all you want, but the words you actually say, prove us right, and you wrong on this particular issue.
I've never actually said the things you accuse me of, but because you get your feelings hurt by me stating what the Bible says....you project something on me. Wow.

Old 05-25-2016, 11:28 AM

15,862 posts, read 6,331,057 times
Quote:
Sure you did. If you look at people as being "outside your circle", you are certainly looking down on them. Why does one have to have a common faith to be you "brother and sister"? We do not share a common faith, yet I see you as one. We are all human, and we all suffer from the same type of things. We are in this together, regardless of belief.
That's how i see it now too. A facet of high control groups is to elevate God to the most important position in a person's life. God comes before family ties even let alone looking at another human as a human. At first that doesn't sound all that harmful but it is then used to dehumanize people. In my group whatever the corporation says it what God says. They allow another human to tell them what God says and that is the danger. Anyone who doesn't see it that way is then stripped of their humanity until they "repent" and do what they are told to by whatever group this person decides has the right to speak for God. People that catch on that it's BS in the JW religion are labeled "mentally diseased apostates" and hated and shunned by their families. They put the blame of the shunning on the victim and go so far to say it is God's loving discipline. It's very sad but also very fascinating. Sometimes I feel like it is all some really unethical social experiment.

Is what I can't figure out is how people could be caught up in these religions and then see someone else doing the exact same thing that they are and not realize that they are looking in a freaking mirror. The same lies are told over and over and people don't seem to figure out they are falling for the exact same scam as their neighbor. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that they have now dehumanized the outsiders so it doesn't click.

Then I get worried I might be just as dense and I binge watch netflix while eating popcorn.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality