Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2016, 12:03 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I find it astounding, that you guys are acting like you get your feelings hurt at someone suggesting that someone may not go to heaven, when we see all of you virtually slapping each other on the back and having virtual group hugs to declare Christianity and specifically those that actually believe the Bible to be a bunch of wackos.

Seriously.
I'm not taking anything that happens on this board personally Viz. Whatever I say to you is more of an indictment against the systems I see as holding humanity back. You can let me have it if you wish. I didn't say wacko. I was raised in, I get it. I see this as a distortion of perception. I see this as what happens when you subject humans to that kind of indoctrination. When I see someone under the influence I mostly see a victim. There are some that I think are users of the system they are in but the vast majority are just getting used. Yeah, I see see how that sounds arrogant but I don't know any other way to put it.

I don't expect a True Believer to see me as anything other than an ahole. I don't expect them to treat me any differently than if I was one. Considering the nature of what we are discussing I think the responsibility to choose my words wisely is on me more so than you. I will sometimes point out when someone is hating on the haters but that largely goes ignored anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 12:11 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post

I don't expect a True Believer to see me as anything other than an ahole. I don't expect them to treat me any differently than if I was one. Considering the nature of what we are discussing I think the responsibility to choose my words wisely is on me more so than you. I will sometimes point out when someone is hating on the haters but that largely goes ignored anyway.
So why are you intentionally making posts that you believe we would think negatively of you?

Old 05-25-2016, 12:16 PM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
He didn't say that you said it was based on race. Now who is putting words into someone else's mouth?

He was saying, as others have, that your "I didn't say that" mantra rings hollow, much like those KKK members who say they like black people.
Correct.

Viz, you've gone on the record as saying that all non-Christians deserve an infinite amount of punishment until they become a Christian. As the Bible and Jesus teach. That means we Unbelievers are infinitely bad, and deserve an indefinite amount punishment from the Christian God directly or via His Chosen Representatives on Earth (that would be you).

You've even said that all non-Christians deserve to be killed by your God.

So when you use the "where did I say that?" gambit, it's a little annoying.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
Correct.

Viz, you've gone on the record as saying that all non-Christians deserve an infinite amount of punishment until they become a Christian. As the Bible and Jesus teach. That means we Unbelievers are infinitely bad, and deserve an indefinite amount punishment from the Christian God directly or via His Chosen Representatives on Earth (that would be you).
As are all Christians, but not for the grace of God. Congratulations, Freak--you're completely average with the rest of all mankind--me included.
Quote:
You've even said that all non-Christians deserve to be killed by your God.
As do all Christians, but by God's grace.
Quote:
So when you use the "where did I say that non-Christians are second class?" gambit, it's a little annoying.
No. I still don't see your issue.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:44 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times
Jesus is real whoever believes in Him as one who receives the Holy Spirit one knows that he has received something very special and wants to abide in Him along with wanting to serve. Nobody can tell one any different, they may ridicule one or make fun but one knows that one has something special.

Old 05-25-2016, 12:56 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
I've never said that. Please stop lying about me.

That's what Jesus said. Your beef is with Jesus, not me.

...snip...
Hiding behind Jesus' apron. Further evidence of the cowardice that characterizes fundamentalists.

Old 05-25-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Hiding behind Jesus' apron. Further evidence of the cowardice that characterizes fundamentalists.
Of course it is. And that's what anyone who identifies as a Christian should do -- ride Jesus' coattails. He must increase, and I must decrease. it's not about me.

Old 05-25-2016, 01:04 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,181,167 times
Quote:
Of course it is. And that's what anyone who identifies as a Christian should do -- ride Jesus' coattails. He must increase, and I must decrease. it's not about me.

Old 05-25-2016, 01:06 PM

19,999 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Quote:
Coat tails?

Now I am going to spend the rest of the day imagining Jesus wearing a tux. Thanks.

Old 05-25-2016, 01:12 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Now your hurt, which I expected, one can dish it out but they can't take it, a bully indeed
You, like Viz, seem to think people are "hurt" when they point out the ignorance you guys spew. That isn't the case. I have very thick skin, and you couldn't hurt me if you tried little man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality