Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2016, 03:11 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,941,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
You, like Viz, seem to think people are "hurt" when they point out the ignorance you guys spew. That isn't the case. I have very thick skin, and you couldn't hurt me if you tried little man.
You're too predictable everything is vile out of your mouth nothing intelligent. if you weren't hurt you wouldn't be coming back with snide remarks, hey my plan worked Mr. Bullyl
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 03:16 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
You're too predictable everything is vile out of your mouth nothing intelligent. if you weren't hurt you wouldn't be coming back with snide remarks, hey my plan worked Mr. Bullyl
Yea, okay Perry. I will now bow to your superior knowledge of nothing.

Old 05-25-2016, 03:22 PM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
So why are you intentionally making posts that you believe we would think negatively of you?
I think what I have to say will not be well received by someone who is a JW for sure. When I use the word cult I am sure that is shocking. It's pretty much a given that if I say their most core belief is a scam they will get angry with me. I don't expect that someone who belongs to the same type of group will see me as favorable either. That's just how our minds work. I don't know if intentional is the right word. Unless I am willing to agree with them I find it unavoidable.

Don't you expect people to get angry with you when you preach that God see them as unsaved? Do you really expect someone to fall to their knees and kiss your feet when you tell them of your God given knowledge? I'm pretty sure that's not they way it works Viz.

Since we are answering questions...so...do you consider JWs and Mormons your spiritual brothers and sisters as they believe they are serving the Christian God?

Old 05-25-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
What was your plan perry?

Old 05-25-2016, 03:39 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
What was your plan perry?
Same plan he always has.... Play the Christian persecution/ You're a mean bully card.

Old 05-25-2016, 03:46 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
Same plan he always has.... Play the Christian persecution/ You're a mean bully card.
Isn't that what you're doing? You guys just keep telling us we're mean because we actually call people sinners!

Old 05-25-2016, 03:48 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post

Don't you expect people to get angry with you when you preach that God see them as unsaved? Do you really expect someone to fall to their knees and kiss your feet when you tell them of your God given knowledge? I'm pretty sure that's not they way it works Viz.
I believe God commanded Christians to preach the Gospel. The Gospel actually involves telling people why we need a savior.

What's your excuse for posting offensive things?
Quote:
Since we are answering questions...so...do you consider JWs and Mormons your spiritual brothers and sisters as they believe they are serving the Christian God?
Obviously, we believe different things. What do you think? Even the JW's and Mormons would agree that they are not brothers with each other. I once roomed with a guy that identified as a Mormon. He told me the quickest way to get rid of a JW at the door is to tell them you're a Mormon. His point was that the 2 just didn't mix. They were like oil and water.

Old 05-25-2016, 04:05 PM

Quote:
I believe God commanded Christians to preach the Gospel. The Gospel actually involves telling people why we need a savior.

What's your excuse for posting offensive things?

Obviously, we believe different things. What do you think? Even the JW's and Mormons would agree that they are not brothers with each other. I once roomed with a guy that identified as a Mormon. He told me the quickest way to get rid of a JW at the door is to tell them you're a Mormon. His point was that the 2 just didn't mix. They were like oil and water.
You will have to point out exactly what I said that was offensive in order for me to answer that. I disagree that I am being offensive so I don't know what you expect me to say when you ask me:What's your excuse for posting offensive things? I realize it comes across as that and if you would be so kind as to not overgeneralize when you are talking to me that would help me out. Example:Hey, 8s, when you said xyz it comes across as...

You didn't say someone had to believe what you believed to be your brother only that they believed God's word. I am telling you that they believe God's word (the bible) so yes or no?

Old 05-25-2016, 04:36 PM

11,761 posts, read 7,259,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Try accepting an apology without being an arrogant know it all- you too need to work on your maturity.
I suggest you work on your maturity as well as your apology skills. This is in no way an apology.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
You did not offend me in any way shape or form. You only offended yourself and those of your flock.

You should learn to develop more emotional maturity and knowledge when it comes to understanding our freedom of speech rights.

Taking offense by what others think is a sure sign that you need to work on yourself.

On that note this one is for you and Viz and any other oppressive mentality bible thumper.
You see the above as an arrogant know it all? Well I suppose a lack of knowledge immature person would view any knowledgeable person in this light.

Old 05-25-2016, 04:57 PM

6,472 posts, read 6,676,653 times
Quote:
What else are we to think? You guys continue to whine and call us mean when we simply state what God has said about the human condition.
You are claiming unequivocally to "state what God has said." I get that you believe that. I get that you think there is no way, no how, that you could be mistaken. But to be factual, (because faith is different than fact) you would need to say that you are stating what the Bible says. I know that to you, "what the Bible says" equals "what God says."

But you are choosing to believe those two are equal. If you say I am going to hell because I do not believe as you do, you can say that "God says so." But in reality, *you believe* that God has said so. You are choosing to believe a book that was recorded by human hands (you believe it to be God-breathed, but you have to have a huge amount of trust in the human editing processes through the centuries.) You are choosing to believe that God created a system wherein every single human is born depraved and deserving of hell, yet this God loves us beyond anything we could imagine.

I would hope that you believe that if I, as a parent, disciplined my children with years of torture for violating my standard, that I would be horrid, cruel, evil, and despicable. Yet you believe that God, whose love is supposed to be more perfect than our human level of love, disciplines the majority of his children with endless torture, yet you claim he is somehow worthy of praise. Why is there such a different definition of "love" for God than for humans? Shouldn't God's love look a whole lot more kind and compassionate than humans'? (And please don't tell me that God IS being compassionate by sending me to hell).

I have many more questions, but I will stop here for now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality