Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2016, 10:08 AM

28,099 posts, read 29,981,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
So you believe you can determine who a Christian is and anyone that disagrees with you, you label a bigot.
Actually, Dew is not doing anything of the kind. She is not the one doing the "determining." She is allowing people to define themselves and accepting them for who they say they are. If I say, "I'm a Christian," she is not going to respond by saying, "No, you're not." (Unlike someone we all know.)

Last edited by Katzpur; 05-26-2016 at 10:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 10:22 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
So you believe you can determine who a Christian is and anyone that disagrees with you, you label a bigot. The sad thing is, you consider yourself tolerant.
Ummm....I said their beliefs are bigoted. Your reading comprehension skills need work.

I do not determine who is a Christian....the people declaring they are Christians do that.

I am not tolerant of many things. I'm not tolerant of the belief that women should be in the pews, not the pulpit. I'm not tolerant of people who bully the weak. I am not tolerant of drivers who make a left turn from the right hand lane. I am not tolerant of raisin cookies.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Actually, Dew is not doing anything of the kind. She is not the one doing the "determining." She is allowing people to define themselves and accepting them for who they say they are. If I say, "I'm a Christian," she is not responding by saying, "No, you're not." (Unlike someone we all know.)
Ahhh....your reading comprehension skills are excellent!

Old 05-26-2016, 10:27 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,201,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Ummm....I said their beliefs are bigoted. Your reading comprehension skills need work.

I do not determine who is a Christian....the people declaring they are Christians do that.
Sure you do. Your standards are simply different than mine. In your mind, one is a Christian simply by claiming it rather than actual doctrine or belief. And you say that any opinion otherwise is bigoted.
Quote:
I am not tolerant of many things. I'm not tolerant of the belief that women should be in the pews, not the pulpit. I'm not tolerant of people who bully the weak. I am not tolerant of drivers who make a left turn from the right hand lane. I am not tolerant of raisin cookies.
Of course you're intolerant. You just choose to tolerate different things.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:56 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,263,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Nice touch at the end there. Obviously you have taken offense at what I've said. I apologize, and lets let it end there.
Your apology means nothing when you combine it with a put down. You really have some serious issues to overcome.

You have never properly apologized because your the kind of human who does not take responsibility for their behaviors. Anytime a person tacks on a put down or pointing the finger as you have done in both of your supposed apologies...says they really have no apology to offer.

You have only offended yourself here. I find you a very unimpressive human and unimpressive humans don't offend me. Only people that I hold in high regard could ever offed me.

Time to wise up.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:20 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,113,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Your apology means nothing when you combine it with a put down. You really have some serious issues to overcome.

You have never properly apologized because your the kind of human who does not take responsibility for their behaviors. Anytime a person tacks on a put down or pointing the finger as you have done in both of your supposed apologies...says they really have no apology to offer.

You have only offended yourself here. I find you a very unimpressive human and unimpressive humans don't offend me. Only people that I hold in high regard could ever offed me.

Time to wise up.
A man who doesn't accept an apology,and in fact responds with hostility needs real professional help. Maybe some medication will help. Your responses speak loudly to your lack of character- I will put you on my no contact list. That's what I do with hostile people that seem to have a screw loose. You can respond and get the last word in- but I won't be able to read it- for which I am thankful!

Old 05-26-2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Sure you do. Your standards are simply different than mine. In your mind, one is a Christian simply by claiming it rather than actual doctrine or belief. And you say that any opinion otherwise is bigoted.

Of course you're intolerant. You just choose to tolerate different things.
Uh, huh.

Any other comments, admonishments or complaints? I'm sensing unhappiness. Have you thought about going to the agape love thread to get a hug from Ronkon? It would do you good.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Uh, huh.
yup.
Quote:
Any other comments, admonishments or complaints? I'm sensing unhappiness. Have you thought about going to the agape love thread to get a hug from Ronkon? It would do you good.
I'm not unhappy about anything. I do wish you'd be more tolerant, though. Let me know if you need any more help.

Old 05-26-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
yup.

I'm not unhappy about anything. Let me know if you need any more help.
Unsolicited "help" from a guy who thinks little kids are full of sin, Anne Frank is in hell and who considers the aptly-named Slick a smart guy.

My goodness, you can be a riot, Viz!

Old 05-26-2016, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Unsolicited "help" from a guy who thinks little kids are full of sin, Anne Frank is in hell and who considers the aptly-named Slick a smart guy.

My goodness, you can be a riot, Viz!
I don't recall ever specifically commenting on where Anne Frank is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality