Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 10:53 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,048,180 times

Advertisements

It is a disgusting shame that the vast majority of people who claim to be Christians, are nothing more than ignorant conservatives - especially since Jesus Christ was/is a liberal, who would be VERY anti gun.

What an oddity. These morons claim to love a God whose Teachings they hate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 12:00 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,737,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The victims were targeted because they are gay. Religious extremism, be it Muslim or Christian, fuels hatred toward the gay community.

Fifty innocent people dead is the legacy of religious extremism. Anti-gay beliefs helped fuel this tragedy.

I'd like to think fundamentalists, of any religion, who see gays as filthy sinners headed to hell and are vocal about those beliefs would get a wake up call about their feeding into the hate that causes people to bully and kill LGBTQ people. But that's a pipe dream. The people who are guilty of anti-LGBTQ rhetoric never see the damage they do. Such is their hubris.

May the victims rest in peace. They were victims because of who they were: members of the gay community who should have been able to enjoy a night with their friends without religious extremism cutting short their lives.
0h do get off the pedestal. IF we never say a thing against homosexuality, these acts would still occur. What's the alternative? We should just accept a lie and embrace a sinful lifestyle? Christians are not committing acts of violence or calling to HATE people. Muslim extremists are. I find it disgusting that the posters here would use this tragedy to scapegoat Christians.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:07 PM

20,012 posts, read 13,491,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Sadly, we will only see more acts from ISIS like this keep happening thanks to an ineffective president who seems powerless to stop them.
All presidents will be unable to stop all terrorists -- at least until we elect our first clairvoyant president.

Of course authoritarians think that "someone ought to Do Something" and human rights be damned. Ban all Muslims, build a wall, nuke ISIS, etc -- and who cares if it is feasible, moral, or has unintended consequences?

Old 06-12-2016, 12:10 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,195,004 times
Quote:
0h do get off the pedestal. IF we never say a thing against homosexuality, these acts would still occur. What's the alternative? We should just accept a lie and embrace a sinful lifestyle? Christians are not committing acts of violence or calling to HATE people. Muslim extremists are. I find it disgusting that the posters here would use this tragedy to scapegoat Christians.
Thanks again jeffy, for yet another peek at the ugliness of the fundamentalist mindset.

Yes, you and your kind are responsible for acts like this murderer committed. Your vilification of the LGBT adds to the pool of hatred that festers inside the insane.

You have gay blood on your hands, jeffy.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:10 PM

440 posts, read 378,024 times
Quote:
The victims were targeted because they are gay. Religious extremism, be it Muslim or Christian, fuels hatred toward the gay community.

Fifty innocent people dead is the legacy of religious extremism. Anti-gay beliefs helped fuel this tragedy.

I'd like to think fundamentalists, of any religion, who see gays as filthy sinners headed to hell and are vocal about those beliefs would get a wake up call about their feeding into the hate that causes people to bully and kill LGBTQ people. But that's a pipe dream. The people who are guilty of anti-LGBTQ rhetoric never see the damage they do. Such is their hubris.

May the victims rest in peace. They were victims because of who they were: members of the gay community who should have been able to enjoy a night with their friends without religious extremism cutting short their lives.
I don't see how or why a christians with such hateful background would change his/her hateful views about LGBT people due to this shooting.

The very fact that they hold such hateful views despite evidence refuting their claims shows there's resistance to love and consider LGBT people equals.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:11 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,618,105 times
Quote:
You feed the beast, and stand behind them in feigned horror when something happens. You think you walk away clean.

I see you. God sees you.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:27 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
0h do get off the pedestal.
Boy are you confused. You have no power over me. I stand with the LGBTQ community. We not only have a pedestal....we have megaphones. We who support the LGBTQ community will never be silenced by unhappy fundamentalists.

Google the name Eric Rudolph and educate yourself on the acts of violence perpetrated by an anti-gay Christian fundamentalist who shares your Biblical beliefs. He, like you, railed against the gay community and the "gay agenda". The truth is every.single.day members of the LGBTQ community are bullied, taunted, injured and killed by people who believe they are sinners who should be back in the closet.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 06-12-2016 at 12:35 PM..

Old 06-12-2016, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Thanks again jeffy, for yet another peek at the ugliness of the fundamentalist mindset.

Yes, you and your kind are responsible for acts like this murderer committed. Your vilification of the LGBT adds to the pool of hatred that festers inside the insane.

You have gay blood on your hands, jeffy.
Your posts disgust me even more every day. I have NEVER and I repeat NEVER advocated for violence against anyone. If ISIS is responsible then they are the same group who has beheaded Christians. Where is your sympathy for them, huh??

Old 06-12-2016, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
You feed the beast, and stand behind them in feigned horror when something happens. You think you walk away clean.

I see you. God sees you.
And God would be displeased if I caved into societal pressure from the left and start celebrating sin. That's what your side does.

Old 06-12-2016, 12:53 PM

63,818 posts, read 40,109,822 times
Quote:
Amen. I am not sanguine that the fundies will get a wake-up call, Dew. They will dodge and duck and focus on ISIS and Muslims, not their pathological hatred of Gays.
Quote:
QED!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I see you. God sees you.
Well said!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality