Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 03:07 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
So much hate on this thread. Guess who from (hint: the freethinking, liberal, open mined folk).

Come on folks, did a Christian walk into a gay bar in Orlando with an assault rifle?
But, it is the close minded ideologues who feed hatred of the LGBTQ community. Who but Christians hold signs saying God Hates F-A-G-S? It feeds hatred.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 03:14 PM

9,455 posts, read 12,546,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
And of course, nobody dare suggest tougher restrictions on little things like assault rifles. It ain't Amurrican. Mass murder is. But not sensible gun laws.
Sad to say, but criminals and madman don't and won't obey the law. I think banning assault weapons is a good idea, but have you ever tried to put toothpaste back into the tube?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
But, it is the close minded ideologues who feed hatred of the LGBTQ community. Who but Christians hold signs saying God Hates F-A-G-S? It feeds hatred.
Yea, Muslins don't bother with signs. They just toss gays off roofs and otherwise kill them

Can you cite me an example other than the "christian" hate group known as the Westborough Baptist church?

And FYI my now-daughter is a person who has gender dystopia. We accept that.

Old 06-12-2016, 03:20 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,214,754 times
Quote:
So much hate on this thread. Guess who from (hint: the freethinking, liberal, open mined folk).

Come on folks, did a Christian walk into a gay bar in Orlando with an assault rifle?
What is the opposite of free thinking, or open-minded, people?

Old 06-12-2016, 03:24 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:

Can you cite me an example other than the hate group known as the Westborough Baptist church?
Yes. When Josh Duggar, famous fundamentalist, spoke against same-sex marriage on the steps of the Capitol building, many people in the crowd were holding up hateful anti-gay signs. Some had the signs plastered on the sides of their cars.

I mentioned that in multiple posts on this forum. Not one fundamentalist condemned their actions.

Old 06-12-2016, 03:28 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Hate crimes are intolerable on any level. Stop feeding the beast of hatred.. Stand with your brothers and sisters in the LGBTQ community. They are Chriistian.. They are Muslim. They are Hebrew. They are Atheists.
I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for the people who make posts about gays spreading AIDS or gays going to hell to stand in solidarity with the LGBTQ community.

Old 06-12-2016, 03:31 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
There is only one person to blame, and that is the shooter. Most rational people can disagree with a lifestyle yet not feel a desire to go mow people down. Blaming Christians would be like blaming the students of Columbine High for their mass murder. After all, the shooters were bullied and harassed by their classmates. You want to go up to one of them in a wheelchair and tell them they caused it, not the shooter?

So is it your opinion that your words and the words of millions of like minded Christians and Muslims do not have any effect on the mindset of people, especially fellow believers , towards gays ? You can try to rationalize this all you wish , but just have the decency to answer this question .

Do you think that all the attacks you and others make on gays 24/7/365 have no effect on how people view them ?

Old 06-12-2016, 03:33 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Sad to say, but criminals and madman don't and won't obey the law. I think banning assault weapons is a good idea, but have you ever tried to put toothpaste back into the tube?

Can you cite me an example other than the hate group known as the Westborough Baptist church?

And FYI my now-daughter is a person who has gender dystopia. We accept that.
I think Westboro is enough. However there are other Christian hate groups, including White Supremacist, KKK, Neo Nazi. SPLC has a list of them.

Your daughter deserves protection from Bible toting hatemongers. Acceptance is just the start.
I can only imagine her fear when she uses a public bathroom.

Old 06-12-2016, 03:48 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,224,746 times
Well Pat Robertson stated what happened was a good thing and that its God's judgement on America for gay marriage. This nut is no different from the Islamic extremist that hate America.

He then states... " at least no normal people were killed"

Orlando shootings are 'God's punishment' for same-sex marriage, claims US TV evangelist Pat Robertson - Mirror Online

Old 06-12-2016, 03:52 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Well Pat Robertson stated what happened was a good thing and that its God's judgement on America for gay marriage. This nut is no different from the Islamic extremist that hate America.

He then states... " at least no normal people were killed"

Orlando shootings are 'God's punishment' for same-sex marriage, claims US TV evangelist Pat Robertson - Mirror Online
Didn't take long, did it - for one of the chief fundies to spew more hate?

Do I hear jeffy applauding? perry?

Old 06-12-2016, 03:58 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinEden99 View Post
What is the opposite of free thinking, or open-minded, people?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality