Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2016, 07:52 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,286,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
You should get out more. My step father hated anyone who believed in God. Seeing what is posted on this board and other religious internet discussion forums has shown me otherwise.
Since statistically just about everyone your stepfather would ever meet in America believes in God, that's an awful lot of hate. Or a bunch of exaggeration on your part .

Quote:

And honestly, I know of no Christian who hates atheists. And that my friend speaks volumes of your and my personal experiences. The wide would says different, as does history.

It speaks more about your ability to read, since my post doesn't claim that Christians hate atheists . Not that some don't , but my post doesn't make that claim .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2016, 07:59 PM

10,089 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
The excuse fundamentalists give themselves so they can vilify LGBTQ.

If you have no love for sin....stop sinning.
And homosexuality will still be a sin.

Old 06-12-2016, 08:12 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Your obsession with LGBTQ consumes you, Jeff. How long before you do something egregious? All in God's name of course.

Old 06-12-2016, 08:15 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
"We shall overcome. We shall overcome. We shall overcome...some day."

They are SINGING in Lafayette Park, Jeff. The people you preach against are singing. They are standing up to hate and bigotry and the people who want to tell them they are sinners headed to hell by... singing.

"Oh deep in my heart I do believe we shall overcome some day."

Old 06-12-2016, 08:15 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
Quote:
NEVER HAS BEEN, NEVER WILL BE, except in the minds of the small..

Old 06-12-2016, 08:17 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
Quote:
Here is a "stereotype" christian white PASTOR---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUOBFjRGvPI

Ahh yes, congrats, you have Westboro and this token guy so far as your only proof that Bible believing Christians feel this way. Did it ever occur to you that this guy may be posting youtube videos with the most inflammatory rhetoric for the sole purpose of getting youtube views? (which I understand can make you big $$$)

That's the difference between me and you. You are extremely myopic. You'll never consider that you are wrong, not for a second. OTOH, I am open to the truth, and if the truth is that homosexuality is not a sin then I will gladly accept it. But your side has failed completely to even come close to convincing me that I'm on the wrong side of the fence.
Would 1 more be enough? 5 More? what if I posted video of 20 other small minded pastors? HOW MANY WOULD BE ENOUGH TO FULFILL THE STEREOTYPE?

Old 06-12-2016, 08:26 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,286,862 times
I attended a very mainstream Baptist church , and for the pastor of that church bashing the gays was the go to message on Sunday if the pre written sermon didn't go as well as expected . If the amens weren't flowing and the crowd wasn't into the message , well chunk it, somehow veer over to how gays are destroying America , and Voila! , the amens started coming . My wife was disinvited from helping with the youth group she had worked with for years because she questioned pushing on the teenage kids how bad and sinful the gays were when some kids started pointing out that the gay kids they knew didn't seem like bad people .

And this was a church that had many professional types in it. Bankers, teachers , doctors, architects , etc . Not just a bunch of undereducated Bible thumpers .

Been there, seen what so many conservatives want to deny goes on in the conservative churches .

Old 06-12-2016, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Your obsession with LGBTQ consumes you, Jeff. How long before you do something egregious? All in God's name of course.
So now you are implying I will go out and murder people? Unbelievable lies. I didn't create the thread and I happen to think that there are other groups of people out there that MATTER too, ya know.

Old 06-12-2016, 09:11 PM

440 posts, read 378,110 times
Quote:
Nothing here I haven't heard countless times. This has been debated to death and you are flat out wrong on every point. I don't need the OT to know that it is a sin.

"Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. 27 In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error. " Romans 1:26-27
But we know that homosexuality is natural, well documentend by science and history and perfectly in harmony with nature and humanity. Besides, homosexuality isn't any more lustful than heterosexuality is. This is why that passage is scientifically wrong and only comes from the mind of a man who was prejudiced in times when they knew almost nothing about nature and science.

How can you dictate morality when your knowledge of the world is so limited?

Old 06-12-2016, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
NEVER HAS BEEN, NEVER WILL BE, except in the minds of the small..
God's Word says otherwise. His natural design of all living things says otherwise too. Even a tree has a male and female counterpart to compliment each other.

I'll take His Word over your CAPS any day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality