Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2016, 06:52 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,737,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
No Jeff, it is not a perversion of God's design - it IS God's design! If you have a problem with homosexuality then go take it up with the creator - your god. Tell him you object. I've pointed this out to you before, God created the earth and all that is on it and saw that it was good. It is right there in your own bible - go and read it (Genesis). If you like, I can pull up the passage from Google, in any version you choose.

But shouldn't you be condemning this murderous fundamentalist for the evil he has committed?
"That is why a man leaves his father and father and is united to his husband and they become one flesh."

Genesis 2:24

Oh wait, sorry my version of the Bible actually says this:

That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.

Genesis 2:24 (AKA God's Design)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 06:55 AM

9,196 posts, read 7,235,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
I attended a very mainstream Baptist church , and for the pastor of that church bashing the gays was the go to message on Sunday if the pre written sermon didn't go as well as expected . If the amens weren't flowing and the crowd wasn't into the message , well chunk it, somehow veer over to how gays are destroying America , and Voila! , the amens started coming . My wife was disinvited from helping with the youth group she had worked with for years because she questioned pushing on the teenage kids how bad and sinful the gays were when some kids started pointing out that the gay kids they knew didn't seem like bad people .

And this was a church that had many professional types in it. Bankers, teachers , doctors, architects , etc . Not just a bunch of undereducated Bible thumpers .

Been there, seen what so many conservatives want to deny goes on in the conservative churches .
And even in some non-conservative churches, it's sad to see how people believe in love and tolerance in theory... but not so much in practice. The backstory on the church we're attending now (before we got there): there are two same-sex couples in the church, and evidently a few families started quietly kicking up dust over them becoming members. Basically, those families were fine with them attending church and putting money in the collection plate... but were opposed to allowing membership and "being around children". The pastor told them flat out that UCoC is not just tolerant, but welcoming, and anyone who was not okay with that... well, they might be more comfortable with one of the dozen or so churches in a 10 mile radius who share their views.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:58 AM

2 posts, read 919 times
A real Muslim must follow the Qu'ran, and the Qu'ran teaches that we must love ALL.
So what you are hearing in the media and by fear mongers is nothing more than rumors.

Old 06-13-2016, 06:59 AM

1,149 posts, read 1,592,153 times
I think we do a disservice to ourselves by focusing this issue as an anti-gay issue. This is a terrorism issue. The hatred of the gay community stems from his extremist religious beliefs. While I sympathize with them I'm seeing it become more and more an issue of gay safety, when in reality we're all at risk due to dangerous terrorists.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:02 AM

1,149 posts, read 1,592,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKal View Post
A real Muslim must follow the Qu'ran, and the Qu'ran teaches that we must love ALL.
So what you are hearing in the media and by fear mongers is nothing more than rumors.
I agree with you, but the trouble is a LOT of Muslims worldwide adhere to this false version of Islam. I've seen numbers that indicate American Muslims tend to be very moderate compared to their international brothers and sisters, but there's still something like 20% that would support violence, just not engage in it themselves. That's the problem. We need to somehow attack the support network without trampling on a Muslim's right to practice their faith. But there has to be a give and take. Muslim communities have to bend a little, too, and due to fundamentalist groups it's unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Really, Jeff....Don't you have anything more mature to re-butt with?...Your posts seem to have degenerated even further into un-intellectual ramblings...You don't discuss anything...You just have a one-track mind...You're like the fellow who stands on the street corner of a big city and screams passages from his holy book thinking that he is accomishing something...Everyone likes think that they are themselves a prophet, fact is, it is only in their own minds...
The pattern is quite clear. Whenever I speak the truth and make a valid points, the reaction isn't a polite disagreement. It is even hotter temperament and razor sharp insults like you do here. People don't like having the curtain ripped away and the truth exposed so your defensive mechanism is to run me down. I honestly don't think there hasn't been a single thread discussion with your brethen that hasn't de-evolved into Jeff, you suck, Jeff is immature, Jeff is stupid and ignorant. OR Jeff is a degenerate, Jeff is gay, or Jeff isn't a true Christian.

It's sad because that's the only game you can play. My beliefs are shared by millions of loving Christians worldwide. The only thing you demonstrate here is the intolerance and foul nastiness that permenates from your camp whenever someone does not bow down worship your false ideology and buy into the lie.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:14 AM

2,287 posts, read 2,588,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The pattern is quite clear. Whenever I speak the truth and make a valid points, ...
If you ever speak the truth or make a valid point, please let me know. In the hundreds of posts you have made directed towards the GLBT community all I have seen is lies, judgement and hatred. Honestly truth from you would be a pleasant surprise.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post
If you ever speak the truth or make a valid point, please let me know. In the hundreds of posts you have made directed towards the GLBT community all I have seen is lies, judgement and hatred. Honestly truth from you would be a pleasant surprise.
There's that defensive mechanism again. Notice you offer nothing specific that anyone can examine to determine if your charges have any merit. I thought I made a very valid point last night about necrophilia in animals. It was ignored, of course, but I will continue to bring up that point anyone tries to use the animal kingdom argument. Or do you have some proof that I'm lying about that? After all, you make the bold claim that I always wrong and always a liar here.

Old 06-13-2016, 07:51 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
There's that defensive mechanism again. Notice you offer nothing specific that anyone can examine to determine if your charges have any merit. I thought I made a very valid point last night about necrophilia in animals. It was ignored, of course, but I will continue to bring up that point anyone tries to use the animal kingdom argument. Or do you have some proof that I'm lying about that? After all, you make the bold claim that I always wrong and always a liar here.
Well, jeffbase, I didn't see any reference to material supporting your claim about necrophilia in animals, and that is usually a sign that you have picked up on something partially understood and wildly misstated without checking the source.

SO, to prove your credibility, could you give us the background material?

Old 06-13-2016, 07:55 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKal View Post
So a real Muslim, unlike a real Christian, will not take their holy book literally, right? You know, all that stuff about stoning people, taking multiple wives, lying to non-Muslims etc?

And how does a real Muslim pick and chose which Hadith to follow? I mean, there are only what, about 5,000 of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality