Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2016, 12:57 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Hey how about the young lady who was killed the night before in Orlando another murder/ suicide, what a yellow belly sick coward. There are plenty of sickos in this world to where nobody is safe.
But murdering 50+ LGBTQ folks is just a footnote?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 12:58 PM

20,018 posts, read 13,491,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
I do not believe most muslims are crazies. I do believe muslims are WAY MORE likely to commit these type of attacks than any other group. Turn on the new- we hear it daily- suicide bombings in Syria, Iraq, Pakistan, etc. Look at Paris, 9/11, Orlando, Southern California- what is the common denominator- Islam. Their culture teaches hatred, fear, and violence. They treat women like garbage, and use children as shields. How much more evidence do PC liberals want before thy realize that Islam is evil?
Confirmation bias in spades.

The propensity to violence is almost entirely among poor / disenfranchised Muslims, which make up an outsize portion of Muslims worldwide. You are entirely overlooking the relatively educated and affluent Muslims* who are American citizens ... Muslim-Americans aren't easy to radicalize. Even the Orlando shooter (who was born in New York) was, primarily, mentally unstable and using radical Islamic ideology as an excuse for his disordered thinking. Or, if you will -- HIS confirmation bias.

I would think that Christians would be more careful about declaring any religion evil, lest they be in danger of the same observation being made about their religion. Islamic extremism is evil that takes advantage of the alienation, hopelessness, suffering and disenfranchisement of Islamic poor ... and often keeps them poor and restive by barring them from entering the 21st century. Christian extremism is the same sort of evil ... even if the physical violence is limited to a few abortion clinic shootings now and then, it is just as violent ideologically.

* Not only are they educated and affluent relative to other Muslims, but even relative to American non-Muslim minorities and to many American non-Muslims, period. They've done very well for themselves here and are entirely bought into the American dream. Not much for radical Islam to appeal to or work with.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:12 PM

3,987 posts, read 2,113,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
No, I'm just illuminating your rank hypocrisy, wherein you want to blame all Muslims for the murders of some but refuse to do the same with Christians, as well as your ignorance and/or opportunism wherein you try to use the acts of an American-born terrorist to rationalize excluding Muslim immigrants.

I care about terrorism, period. You your ilk care about it only to the extent that you can use it to point the finger at Muslims. When it's some other group doing the killing and maiming, suddenly you're all circumspect.
Muslims commit more terrorist acts than the rest of the world put together, and then some. Keep believing Christians and muslims are the same- total ignorance.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:18 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,880 times
Quote:
I do not believe most muslims are crazies. I do believe muslims are WAY MORE likely to commit these type of attacks than any other group. Turn on the new- we hear it daily- suicide bombings in Syria, Iraq, Pakistan, etc. Look at Paris, 9/11, Orlando, Southern California- what is the common denominator- Islam. Their culture teaches hatred, fear, and violence. They treat women like garbage, and use children as shields. How much more evidence do PC liberals want before thy realize that Islam is evil?
So basically, you ignored every question I asked except for the one asking for clarification on how you viewed Muslims on a whole?

Let's try this again, shall we? I'll highlight the questions I asked, okay?

So what is your opinion on those "other killings"? Do they not count since they weren't a minority you hate? Are they okay since they were doing it in the name of YOUR personal, chosen God? Is it okay for us to start calling for no more "fundamentalist Christians" into the US? Should we start calling for the government to look into you guys and put you on "Watch lists"? Should we be able to start discriminating against you because you go to a certain church, or because you believe in the same book as those people who committed those "other killings"?

You do realize though, I hope, that Muslims all over this country are saying the very same thing you fundies do... "They aren't true Muslims" "A real Muslim wouldn't do those thing", etc etc. So what makes it okay for you guys to say that, and not them?

Old 06-13-2016, 01:26 PM

3,987 posts, read 2,113,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
So basically, you ignored every question I asked except for the one asking for clarification on how you viewed Muslims on a whole?

Let's try this again, shall we? I'll highlight the questions I asked, okay?

So what is your opinion on those "other killings"? Do they not count since they weren't a minority you hate? Are they okay since they were doing it in the name of YOUR personal, chosen God? Is it okay for us to start calling for no more "fundamentalist Christians" into the US? Should we start calling for the government to look into you guys and put you on "Watch lists"? Should we be able to start discriminating against you because you go to a certain church, or because you believe in the same book as those people who committed those "other killings"?

You do realize though, I hope, that Muslims all over this country are saying the very same thing you fundies do... "They aren't true Muslims" "A real Muslim wouldn't do those thing", etc etc. So what makes it okay for you guys to say that, and not them?
You are really upset that you can't make me give you an answer that agrees with you, aren't you?! Have you always demanded to have your way, and be right? This must be very important to you. Unfortunately, you are not an attorney that has me on the witness stand. Islam as a whole is MUCH worse than any other culture/ belief system/ religion or whatever you want to call it. That's all I have to say to you. You can respond and get the last word in- I'm sure you'll feel better if you do.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:46 PM

28,432 posts, read 11,587,667 times
this aint hard guys. No punn intented.

This was anti-normal-rational-human-being.

anti-anything good in people.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:48 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,387,880 times
Quote:
You are really upset that you can't make me give you an answer that agrees with you, aren't you?! Have you always demanded to have your way, and be right? This must be very important to you. Unfortunately, you are not an attorney that has me on the witness stand. Islam as a whole is MUCH worse than any other culture/ belief system/ religion or whatever you want to call it. That's all I have to say to you. You can respond and get the last word in- I'm sure you'll feel better if you do.
So you can't answer the questions without sounding like a bigot or an idiot, so you ignore them, and then scream about how I "have to have my way". In fact, bryan, I am glad you didn't answer. You know why? It shows just how childish, ignorant, and small minded people like you are.

Fact is, I don't care if you think they are worse. I am not asking you about them. I am asking you about all of the Christians who have done horrible things (that were mentioned in this thread. There are a lot more as well), which you are ignoring since it goes against your agenda.

No bryan, I am not trying to "make you give an answer that agrees with me". I am trying to get an answer period. You seem incapable of answering simple questions. Why is it you get so angry and defensive when you are asked question about Christians doing horrible things? Is it because your brainwashing has taught you to ignore and deflect anything you don't like, like a child? Or is it simply because you know that you have no answer, and don't want to sound like the childish fundy you really are?

Old 06-13-2016, 01:49 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,189,293 times
Quote:
Muslims commit more terrorist acts than the rest of the world put together, and then some.
Link to a source to prove your claim, please?

Old 06-13-2016, 01:51 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Instead of a couple of drive by and vanish comments, how about some Christian getting upset at being criticized over this event address post 140 ?

Finn?

Jeff?

Bryan?

Anyone ?
Post 140 is actually a good example of someone venting out his hate against Christians.

Old 06-13-2016, 01:55 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Post 140 is actually a good example of someone venting out his hate against Christians.

Post 140 gives hard facts .

Evidently you aren't up to addressing the people brought up in the post .

Since we are done with Finn , is there any other Christian complaining about being called out for hateful rhetoric that has the courage to address post 140?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality