Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2016, 03:39 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times

Advertisements

It's all the same hate, just from a different book.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2016, 03:40 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
How in hell did the shooter get a pass....He was shot dead....Is this what you call logic?
How do you think? People on this thread are giving him and his radical islamist beliefs a pass, and instead they tear into Christians.

Old 06-13-2016, 04:51 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,926,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
How do you think? People on this thread are giving him and his radical islamist beliefs a pass, and instead they tear into Christians.
How many radical Islamists do you think we are going to reach on this thread, or even the whole site? What is the point of holding radical Islamists consciences to the fire? Fundamentalist Christians, on the other hand are here in numbers and need to be told that their attitudes and actions are part and parcel of this kind of activity.

Old 06-13-2016, 05:00 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,945,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Indeed I was not the one that brought it up . I am not tooting my own horn in claiming that people like yourself lack the courage to respond . I am simply stating facts. The fact that this is inconvenient for you and yours and you can respond in no other way than these and Finns types of silly dodges is not my problem.

Find the courage to deal with what your own folks publicly say rather than getting upset with those that point out the wrongness of what they say .
Just because someone states something ignorant and stupid doesn't mean I have to reply as I brush it off as I know subsequent statements made will bring more of the same.

Old 06-13-2016, 05:05 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perry335654 View Post
Just because someone states something ignorant and stupid doesn't mean I have to reply as I brush it off as I know subsequent statements made will bring more of the same.

If by ignorant and stupid you are referring to your sides comments advocating violence towards gays, then I agree with your assessment of their intellect.

Old 06-13-2016, 05:24 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,796,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
But, it is the close minded ideologues who feed hatred of the LGBTQ community. Who but Christians hold signs saying God Hates F-A-G-S? It feeds hatred.
Christians had nothing to do with this. Islamic terrorists attacked the gay community, period! Mr. Trump is right. It's time to ban all Muslim immigration until we can get a handle on this. They are coming here to kill us!

Old 06-13-2016, 05:31 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,231,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Christians had nothing to do with this. Islamic terrorists attacked the gay community, period! Mr. Trump is right. It's time to ban all Muslim immigration until we can get a handle on this. They are coming here to kill us!
The shooter was a U.S. Citizen, born and raised in NYC.

Old 06-13-2016, 05:31 PM

1,490 posts, read 1,215,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Muslims commit more terrorist acts than the rest of the world put together, and then some. Keep believing Christians and muslims are the same- total ignorance.
Well....by sheer numbers they probably should be committing the most terrorist acts because theRe are far more of them than Christians and atheists combined.

But the part I think that is trying to be conveyed is that, the same fallacious arguments used by radical Muslims to rationalise abhorrent beliefs, are the same fallacious arguments used by many Christians. The only difference it seems....is that the majority of Christians are living in cultures where there is a (theoretically) secular government....and the mostly Muslim countries are run with a theocratic influence, if not outright theocracy.

And that ought not be so easily dismissed from the conversation about whether this is a Muslim problem, whereas Christianity would never do such a thing.

Old 06-13-2016, 05:36 PM

20,018 posts, read 13,491,416 times
Quote:
Christians had nothing to do with this.
Nothing directly to do with it ... only indirectly by contributing to the normalizing of homophobia.
Quote:
Islamic terrorists attacked the gay community, period!
One mentally unstable man used Islamic extremist ideology as an excuse for mass murder.
Quote:
Mr. Trump is right. It's time to ban all Muslim immigration until we can get a handle on this. They are coming here to kill us!
Musilm Americans are among our most successful citizens. They are better educated and wealthier than most non-Muslim Americans. As a result, they are exceedingly difficult to radicalize, unlike many European Muslims.

It is inherently impossible to "ban" a group based on ideology because you can't accurately determine what is in between their ears. Muslim jihadists will simply dress in western clothes and claim not to be Muslim. Real Muslims identified via profiling (e.g., they wear Muslim garb) will be the only ones actually excluded, and the vast, vast majority of those are harmless and even fine people.

Mr Trump is simply preying on your primal fears, confirmation bias, and xenophobia ... and you're letting him. Even Bush the Lesser was a self-styled "uniter, not a divider" but Trump wants to make us a nation of fearful otherizers. Shame on you for supporting his hateful rhetoric. He is actually supporting and fostering terrorism by encouraging people to be terrorized and divided.

Old 06-13-2016, 05:44 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,796,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
The shooter was a U.S. Citizen, born and raised in NYC.
Give me a break! Have you been in isolation for the last 36 hours? He was an Islamic terrorist!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality