Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2016, 04:01 PM

2,446 posts, read 1,386,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Please show me how my post in #709 is not a direct answer to the opposition's tough questions. Your side will never give me credit for anything I post because you just can't admit that you might be WRONG just once. All you show here is your own Christians in a box negative stereotypes.
Why do you keep bringing up this obvious lie, Jeff? I call you out on it every time I see it, yet you keep posting it as truth. Are you lying for Jesus, or what?

People HAVE admitted they were wrong. I have even admitted it to YOU before, so why do you keep lying and misrepresenting people? Why Jeff? Doesn't your Holy Book prohibit lying as well? Or is that something else you choose to ignore?

Quote:
I was critical of the pastor and yet you twist it around to make it look like I support the guy. I'm sure most Christians can see right through your phony baloney attacks.
I am going with Mystic on this one, Jeff. You were not critical of what he said. No, you were critical about his beliefs on who/when someone is saved, and what types of chairs his church has. Why not try to be a normal human being every once and awhile, and actually say something like, "This guy is a disgrace, and should never be allowed to preach again!" Or something similar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 04:49 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,213,961 times
Quote:
Please show me how my post in #709 is not a direct answer to the opposition's tough questions. Your side will never give me credit for anything I post because you just can't admit that you might be WRONG just once. All you show here is your own Christians in a box negative stereotypes.
I have stated numerous times I MIGHT be wrong..The difference is IF I AM WRONG ABOUT LGBTQ, what difference does it make? Will God smite me for LOVING my neighbor?

On the other hand, if evangelical cultists are WRONG about the LGBTQ, there is surely going to be literal HELL TO PAY, huh?

Old 06-20-2016, 04:57 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,185,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I have stated numerous times I MIGHT be wrong..The difference is IF I AM WRONG ABOUT LGBTQ, what difference does it make? Will God smite me for LOVING my neighbor?

On the other hand, if evangelical cultists are WRONG about the LGBTQ, there is surely going to be literal HELL TO PAY, huh?
Do you REALLY want anyone to believe you think you might be wrong and we are right? I think that's naive.

Old 06-20-2016, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Any Christian on this board who does not condemn this is from now on will be labeled a "Radical Christian Terrorist" by me. Think of that if you see the letters "RCT".

You are not better than a supporter of ISIS. Scum.
I'll again point out that it was a MUSLIM that shot and killed 49 gay people. It was a MUSLIM that called 911 and pledged allegiance to ISIS. It's not Christians doing this stuff.

Having said that, I outright condemn this guy, as well. It's telling that at the bottom of the screen is the phrase "BaptistKJV". It tells me that it's a fundamentalist Baptist KJV-only guy who inks the KJV is inspired. I'm not much impressed by such thinking, and I think it demonstrates a lack of discernment and critical thinking skills. To think the KJV is inspired over the original Greek texts is strange at best.

Old 06-20-2016, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'll again point out that it was a MUSLIM that shot and killed 49 gay people. It was a MUSLIM that called 911 and pledged allegiance to ISIS. It's not Christians doing this stuff.
You are correct, but is is a EVANGELICAL CHRISTIAN CELEBRATION about the DEATHS of 49 LGBTQ people!

Old 06-20-2016, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Do you REALLY want anyone to believe you think you might be wrong and we are right? I think that's naive.
Again. what if I am wrong? I HAVE LOST NOTHING, IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE TO GOD..

YOU on the other hand are determined to make ME look wrong out of fear others will no longer believe YOU have a monopoly on TRUTH..

Old 06-20-2016, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Again. what if I am wrong? I HAVE LOST NOTHING, IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE TO GOD..

YOU on the other hand are determined to make ME look wrong out of fear others will no longer believe YOU have a monopoly on TRUTH..
Why do you think you know what motivates me?

Old 06-20-2016, 05:14 PM

Quote:
You are correct, but is is a EVANGELICAL CHRISTIAN CELEBRATION about the DEATHS of 49 LGBTQ people!
I don't know of any Evangelical that is celebrating that. Sorry. In any event, I'll reiterate, we aren't the ones killing people.

Old 06-20-2016, 05:25 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,166,395 times
Quote:
Personally, I'm always a bit leary of churches that meet in some backroom with folding chairs. God isn't blessing the church that much.

Really? Chairs matter?

Do the poor know that astounding piece of news?

Wait. I can tell you. They don't. Chairs do not matter. Fancy pews do not matter. The poor, whom Jesus loved, DO matter. If you think God blesses people by chairs for pity's sake....SMH. You topped yourself with that one, Jeffy.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 06-20-2016 at 05:40 PM..

Old 06-20-2016, 05:32 PM

10,087 posts, read 5,731,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Really? Chairs matter?

Oh, my. Do the poor who go to church in the inner city know that astounding piece of news?
Still bitter cuz I won't go burn my Bible and embrace homosexuality huh? It's a new day, and homosexuality is still a sin of great perversion. You grieve God's spirit every day. Get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality