Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2016, 08:11 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,200,998 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Remind me again how we have harmed you? Your side once said that all you wanted was the right to marry. And that was the end of it. You won, and it wasn't the end. You are STILL complaining that we are just blocking all your civil rights. The truth is your side will never be satisfied until every American is forced to accept an immoral lifestyle or be punished. It's all about power and control.

The only thing this thread accomplished was showing just how twisted and unfair your side can be. You take a tragedy and use it as a convenient tool to go after Christians. Disgraceful.
No, my side has stated we want to be treated equally under the law, and yet there are new laws popping up all the time that deny us basic protections that others have. You can not be refused service because you are a Christian, but I can because I am a lesbian. You can not be refused housing or a job because you are a Christian, but I can because I am a lesbian. You can not be refused government services because you are a Christian, but I can because I am a lesbian.

Twisted and unfair? Maybe you were looking in a mirror when you typed that, because you are the one that constantly push for laws that treat me as less than.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2016, 01:17 AM

11,022 posts, read 5,980,231 times
Quote:
God's intelligence is like a billion times greater than ours. And yet you are going to claim you could do a better job at being God? T
Then how do you explain all the mega stuff ups this god has made through the ages? Do I nee do mention the starving children in Africa? Why the need for 'the flood'? Why the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden? Nothing we observe or read about in the bible suggests much of an intelligence. In fact, what we read about in the bible smacks of human intelligence and no more.

Old 06-20-2016, 01:30 AM

11,022 posts, read 5,980,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
No, my side has stated we want to be treated equally under the law, and yet there are new laws popping up all the time that deny us basic protections that others have. You can not be refused service because you are a Christian, but I can because I am a lesbian. You can not be refused housing or a job because you are a Christian, but I can because I am a lesbian. You can not be refused government services because you are a Christian, but I can because I am a lesbian.

Twisted and unfair? Maybe you were looking in a mirror when you typed that, because you are the one that constantly push for laws that treat me as less than.
I'd rep you again if I could. (Too soon).

Old 06-20-2016, 04:54 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,602,792 times
I got her

Old 06-20-2016, 07:49 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,731,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 303Guy View Post
Then how do you explain all the mega stuff ups this god has made through the ages? Do I nee do mention the starving children in Africa? Why the need for 'the flood'? Why the forbidden fruit in the Garden of Eden? Nothing we observe or read about in the bible suggests much of an intelligence. In fact, what we read about in the bible smacks of human intelligence and no more.
Again, a demonstration of human's limited intelligence. God exists outside of time. There is no beginning and end. We could only understand such bookends and time as a linear fashion. If the past and future have no meaning then there is only the now. And in the now, God saw the hearts of man and it was all wicked. Why would you let that continue?

There is plenty in the Bible that smacks of divine intelligence like the foretelling of Christ coming all the way back in Genesis. As for starving children in Africa, why is that God's fault? Man chose to bring sin into this world which in turn brought death and suffering along with it. God gives us plenty of food and places to grow food. We choose to live in harse environments like the dessert or flood plains and then shake our fist at God when bad things happen. If man is stupid enough to put their hut right next to a volcano, do you blame God for creating volcanos?

God does plan to end all suffering one day. Human intelligence wants things to happen instantly. God sees the bigger picture like being patient so as many people can be saved as possible before pulling the plug forever. Eternal salvation trumps ending temporary physical suffering every time. If you are God then from His perspective, all you are doing is delaying the physical death anyways.

Old 06-20-2016, 08:13 AM

18,490 posts, read 9,154,471 times
Quote:
As for starving children in Africa, why is that God's fault? Man chose to bring sin into this world which in turn brought death and suffering along with it. God gives us plenty of food and places to grow food. We choose to live in harse environments like the dessert or flood plains and then shake our fist at God when bad things happen. If man is stupid enough to put their hut right next to a volcano, do you blame God for creating volcanos?

God does plan to end all suffering one day. Human intelligence wants things to happen instantly. God sees the bigger picture like being patient so as many people can be saved as possible before pulling the plug forever. Eternal salvation trumps ending temporary physical suffering every time. If you are God then from His perspective, all you are doing is delaying the physical death anyways.
So how is a universe controlled by the Christian God any different than a universe with no Christian God at all? If I have to wait until after I die to see any tangible benefits or evidence from the Christian God, then what good is the Christian God?

If I offered to pay you $5 million after your death, in exchange for a lifetime of your unquestioned obedience to me, would you take the deal?

Old 06-20-2016, 08:27 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,282,961 times
Quote:
Again, a demonstration of human's limited intelligence. God exists outside of time. There is no beginning and end. We could only understand such bookends and time as a linear fashion. If the past and future have no meaning then there is only the now. And in the now, God saw the hearts of man and it was all wicked. Why would you let that continue?

There is plenty in the Bible that smacks of divine intelligence like the foretelling of Christ coming all the way back in Genesis. As for starving children in Africa, why is that God's fault? Man chose to bring sin into this world which in turn brought death and suffering along with it. God gives us plenty of food and places to grow food. We choose to live in harse environments like the dessert or flood plains and then shake our fist at God when bad things happen. If man is stupid enough to put their hut right next to a volcano, do you blame God for creating volcanos?

The problem with this argument is that statistics show that more and more people are going to go to Hell by evangelical Christians standards each year , so a longer existence for our universe has the effect of ever increasing the number of people in Hell . This sort of logic is why fundamentals receive so much scorn .

Old 06-20-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Again, a demonstration of human's limited intelligence. God exists outside of time. There is no beginning and end.
Where is god world located Jeff and what created it?

Old 06-20-2016, 12:44 PM

11,110 posts, read 9,807,166 times
Pastor Donnie Romero, down in Forth Worth, Texas, offers his Christian perspective:

Quote:
These 50 sodomites are all perverts and pedophiles, and they are the scum of the earth, and the earth is a little bit better place now," Romero said in his sermon. "And I’ll take it a step further, because I heard on the news today, that there are still several dozen of these queers in ICU and intensive care. And I will pray to God like I did this morning, I will do it tonight, I’ll pray that God will finish the job that that man started, and he will end their life, and by tomorrow morning they will all be burning in hell, just like the rest of them, so that they don’t get any more opportunity to go out and hurt little children.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqW1MsAQ_nA

Old 06-20-2016, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Again, a demonstration of human's limited intelligence. God exists outside of time. There is no beginning and end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Where is god world located Jeff and what created it?
Come on jeffbase40. You're not avoiding the question are ya?

with all you wisdom of god and man-god this shouldn't be that tough for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality