Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2016, 10:46 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
The only thing you have proven here is that there are a handful of extremists out there. Compared to the thousands of Christians pastors, it is a tiny tiny minority and their churches are really small. They are not going to have much influence with such a small radius, but the irony here is the pro-gay non-Christian atheist community are so desperate to hang Christians on their words that they post these videos online and give these guys a worldwide stage. They are actually contributing to the problem that they oppose.
It's all the same hate, from a different book.

The same extremism, for a different god.

One and the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2016, 04:42 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I didn't see them, no. But then I generally don't go back and reread 15 pages between posting. In any event, any pastor or evangelical that would celebrate it, I would condemn.

And again....its MUSLIMS killing people, not us. When the worst you can say about a group is that a fringe group of theirs celebrates and not does the actual killing, but you refuse to condemn those that actually DO kill people, it's telling.
So killing innocent people who are children of God is wrong, right? And that place in Orlando was filled with people God so loved, and were INNOCENT and some raged maniac killed 49 innocent people..can you say that?

So you will preach on Sunday how the radical christian terrorist are WRONG to celebrate the 49 LGBTQ murders?

Will you call them radical christian terrorists?

Old 06-21-2016, 04:44 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
You are correct, but is is a EVANGELICAL CHRISTIAN CELEBRATION about the DEATHS of 49 LGBTQ people!
It's like those people dancing on the streets when 911 happened

No difference at all

Old 06-21-2016, 04:45 AM

Quote:
I don't know of any Evangelical that is celebrating that. Sorry. In any event, I'll reiterate, we aren't the ones killing people.
Do Christians still kill witches in this day and age, Viz?

Old 06-21-2016, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Again, a demonstration of human's limited intelligence. God exists outside of time. There is no beginning and end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Where is god world located Jeff and what created it?
Quote:
Why? So you can just respond back with another mockery type reply? It gets tiring trying to reason with those who hate God.

Hmm, thought you'd take the cowardly way out.

I don't hate god Jeff. god dose not exist. I do loath what you do in the name of your nonexistent god.

Old 06-21-2016, 06:38 AM

10,087 posts, read 5,734,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
I know that you would like nothing better than to silence all of us who disagree with you no matter, Atheist, Christian or what ever....It's not going to happen....I suspect that there are more Christians that agree with us atheists on this gay issue than there are that agree with your judgemental point of view....It's far past time for people like you to stop judging, and begin minding your own business.
But it's quite fine to be intolerant and judgmental against us, huh? I tell you what, mind your own business and leave Christian business owners and churches alone and we'll mind ours. Deal?

Old 06-21-2016, 08:01 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
And again....its MUSLIMS killing people, not us. When the worst you can say about a group is that a fringe group of theirs celebrates and not does the actual killing, but you refuse to condemn those that actually DO kill people, it's telling.
You said yourself that all "sinners" deserve to be killed by your god. So even if you aren't doing your god's dirty work for him, you still believe that those homosexuals deserved to die because of their "sin."

That's the key: as unrepentant sinners, they deserved to die, according to your religion.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:25 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,922,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
You said yourself that all "sinners" deserve to be killed by your god. So even if you aren't doing your god's dirty work for him, you still believe that those homosexuals deserved to die because of their "sin."

That's the key: as unrepentant sinners, they deserved to die, according to your religion.
I give Vizio a bit of credit for distancing himself from the more radical over that top preachers, but that does not hide the fact that both the Christian and Muslim religions have, as their basic tenets, horrible, violent, ugly teachings, and use their 'holy' scriptures to back them up.

It can't come fast enough that those scriptures and the ideas they promulgate are thrown on the trash heap of history, never to raise their ugly heads again. When imaginary critters can drive people to torture, kill and maim other human beings, and so many still give credit to those imaginary critters, plead to them in their head, and adore them, what does that say about education?

Thankfully, if recent polls are to be believed, more and more western populations are turning away from these horrible fables. The USA is just a bit behind, as are many third world countries. One can only hope that the decline of religions will take on a logarithmic path to oblivion.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeall View Post
You want us to sit quietly while Christian business owners break the law? No deal. SSM is legal, act accordingly and serve all customer needs.
Freedom of religion is a law too, ya know. You are breaking the law by demanding that Christians violate their religion and limit our freedom. The laws you refer to are highly open to interpretation.

Old 06-21-2016, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
I give Vizio a bit of credit for distancing himself from the more radical over that top preachers, but that does not hide the fact that both the Christian and Muslim religions have, as their basic tenets, horrible, violent, ugly teachings, and use their 'holy' scriptures to back them up.

Please explain to me how this basic tenent is VIOLENT and UGLY:

“Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law?”

37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Matthew 22:36-40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post

Thankfully, if recent polls are to be believed, more and more western populations are turning away from these horrible fables. The USA is just a bit behind, as are many third world countries. One can only hope that the decline of religions will take on a logarithmic path to oblivion.
Not really. Christianity continues to explode in countries like China and as a significant presence in South Korea and the Phillipines. South America is growing in penacostalism. There are 2 billion Christians worldwide. We're not going away anytime soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality