Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2016, 05:28 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,607,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
The fact that you would be ashamed to treat gay people as equals, is really all we need to know about you Jeff. Disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2016, 06:03 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,378,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Nothing wrong with a father and daughter having a loving consensual sexual relationship right? All you need is love.
What has that got to do with homosexuality? And assuming the father and daughter are of an age of consent then what is your issue what kind of relationship they have? It has nothing to do with you at all.

Quote:
Intimacy between same sex is immoral.
So you keep saying. You have not once established WHY it is so however.

Quote:
You only show your hypocrisy by rejecting other forms of sexual orientation that you don't approve of.
That would be true if they could not explain how and why they distinguish between "other forms" however. But many people, many times, with many words have explained the differences to you. You simply ignore them to support the narrative of their hypocrisy in your head.

But here is a challenge for you that I am sure you will simply ignore because we both know you will not answer it because you CAN not answer it:

Where is the "hypocrisy" in me saying "I reject any form of sexual relationship that does not involve informed consent.... and I am ok with any form of sexual relationship that does".

REGALE me with the location of the hypocrisy contained in that sentence. I can not wait to hear it. Because I certainly can not find it and I strongly suspect you can not either.

Old 06-22-2016, 06:49 AM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
FLASH--we do not live under evangelical cultist christian sharia law in AMERICA..we live under the CONSTITUTION and the 14th amendment applies to ALL people--regardless of religious affiliation.
So does the 1st amendment, but you apparently have no problem with making laws that restrict freedom of religion. I guess you have no problem with the government forcing people to perform actions against their moral beliefs.

Old 06-22-2016, 06:57 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,378,034 times
^^ As predicted you did not answer my challange ^^

Quote:
So does the 1st amendment, but you apparently have no problem with making laws that restrict freedom of religion. I guess you have no problem with the government forcing people to perform actions against their moral beliefs.
As has been pointed out to you many many times now no one is advocating any laws that restrict freedom of religion. All that people on here have advocated to you is that laws that do exist be followed by everyone equally, and religion is not a reason for exemption any of them.

It is not a small difference, so it is curious you have failed to grasp it thus far.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:03 AM

18,499 posts, read 9,170,177 times
Quote:
Freedom of religion does not mean the right to refuse service to people you don't like.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:24 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,619,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernbored View Post
The fact that you would be ashamed to treat gay people as equals, is really all we need to know about you Jeff. Disgusting.
It comes from a deep self loathing and personal shame. Only Jeff can fix what is broken. His hubris is in thinking Jesus approves of his behavior.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:37 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,235,302 times
Quote:
Again, your "moral beliefs" will never become SHARIA LAW in AMERICA. You are free to avoid any situation you want by NOT offering services or products to everyone--across the board--YOU do not get to pick and choose the people you offer your services to based on RACE, CREED, ETHNICITY or SEXUAL ORIENTATION...
Attached Thumbnails
Orlando gay massacre - by a Muslim. Christian perspectives are?-respect_yours.jpg  

Old 06-22-2016, 07:56 AM

12,595 posts, read 6,656,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
FLASH--we do not live under evangelical cultist christian sharia law in AMERICA..we live under the CONSTITUTION and the 14th amendment applies to ALL people--regardless of religious affiliation.
That's right. The 14th amendment applies to all people.
It is when laws are created off of it that puts one party to an interaction superior or subordinate to the other party in that interaction that causes the problems.
For Example: In a business transaction there are not always Male & Female, Hetero & Homo, Jew & Muslim, etc....but there is ALWAYS a BUYER & SELLER.
As long as the Buyer is allowed to pick & choose and freely discriminate as to who they will buy from (for any reason whatsoever)...unless you give the Seller the same freedom to pick & choose who they will sell to (for any reason whatsoever), and legally force them to sell to who they don't want to, you legislate inequality. This goes against the 14th Amendment.

It appears that some find "rules" and "laws"to be just fine...as long as they come from "A Government Decree" instead of a "Religious Decree".
It actually does not matter what platform laws are built off of...it is all just some Men & Women subjectively determining that is how they decide things should be at any given time.
A Theocracy is no different from a Secular Government in that way. Just different titles to the group of people making and enforcing "The Law".

People don't like to be forced to do things that go against their deeply held beliefs and traditions. That causes fights...even wars.

Old 06-22-2016, 08:28 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,928,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
To OP,

In the latest updates about the fake doctors and fake crisis actors, is this a question related to any faith, anymore?

I mean seriously, Dr. Lube and Dr. Cheatham, and Dr. Chadwick, and Dr. Ibrahim and the crisis actors?
You best explain yourself a bit better. You are making references that do not connect to most of us. What is a "crisis actor".

And if you were trying to be snarky in your choice of last names, it says a lot about you. Most of which is not appealing.

Old 06-22-2016, 09:17 AM

10,090 posts, read 5,739,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElizaTeall View Post
If you have to deny a service/product to one specific group of people based on your moral beliefs, you shouldn't be in a business that offers that particular service/product to the general public. Your moral dilemmas should be of no concern to the consumer.
And if you place the business owner in compromising position that doesn't exist with other customers, you shouldn't demand that they fulfill your every wish. From a moral pespective (which you stubbornly refuse to even examine), it's no different than asking the owner to write an offensive statement on a cake. Same product, different situations.

Unless everything is 100% equal in the transaction between different groups, you can't claim true discrimination.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality