Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2016, 05:39 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,285,296 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
No...not force people to "buy equally". Is that REALLY what you got out of that? Wow.
Give Sellers the same and equal right to choose who they will or will not sell to (for any reason)...just like Buyers have the right to choose who they will or will not buy from (for any reason whatsoever). ALL EQUAL for both parties (Buyers and Sellers) in the marketplace.

This stuff is getting way out of hand.
Let them jam up the wrong Seller...see what happens.
They will hunt down the Buyers, the Judge, their families, the lot.
How many people do you see drawing cartoons mocking Muhammad lately?
It is starting to hit the fan. I predicted it years ago...on this very board.
Where did I get it from ? From here

" The Religious will find incidents where a Seller was discriminated against, and a Buyer refused to buy based on the Seller being part of a "protected class" of people.
They will get it on video...with the discrimination occuring in no uncertain terms. Stage it if they have to.
Then THEY will drag it through the Courts, demanding 14th Amendment rights.
It's gonna be a big mess...and cause more trouble that it solves in the long run."

Does this not say sellers will sue buyers for not buying from them ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2016, 05:41 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mordant View Post
The same way you know it's god speaking.
By reading his Word in the Bible? Do you think that's what she means?

Old 06-22-2016, 05:46 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,617,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Of course we are. It's for that reason I believe what he has said and won't misrepresent him.

How do you know it's God speaking?

You do not represent God, and neither does the Bible. You regurgitate words of ancient men. You feel safe.

How do you know it is really God in that tiny book? The agenda of men is all over it.

How do I know God?

I know God. God knows me. I do not need a book written by men, and for men to tell me about God. The idea is silly. The agenda of men looking for power over others is all over the Bible.

God is more than a book.

Old 06-22-2016, 05:52 PM

20,007 posts, read 13,491,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
By reading his Word in the Bible? Do you think that's what she means?
I'm not speaking for her, but simply pointing out that your personal subjective interpretations of scripture have no more standing than hers.

Do you think she doesn't read the Bible? Of course she does. She reads it and pays attention to different parts and comes up with different beliefs -- apparently that the Bible isn't god's word, which is a much more simple interpretive system, but no less valid than yours. In what sense is the beliefs you have as a result of reading the scriptures more valid than hers?

Old 06-22-2016, 06:15 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,655,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Where did I get it from ? From here

" The Religious will find incidents where a Seller was discriminated against, and a Buyer refused to buy based on the Seller being part of a "protected class" of people.
They will get it on video...with the discrimination occuring in no uncertain terms. Stage it if they have to.
Then THEY will drag it through the Courts, demanding 14th Amendment rights.
It's gonna be a big mess...and cause more trouble that it solves in the long run."

Does this not say sellers will sue buyers for not buying from them ?
No...not that. They will ask for "Equal Protection".
They will show evidence that Buyers are legally able to pick and choose who they will or will not buy from...even based upon outright bias, prejudice, and discrimination, as well as any other reason. That IS currently legal, everywhere.
They will ask for "equal protection"...to be legally allowed to pick and choose who they sell to...for any reason.
Because it is impossible to make Buyers "buy equally", and they inevitably get to freely pick and choose who they buy from...the only way to make it "fair and equal" is to give Sellers the same latitude.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
No...not that. They will ask for "Equal Protection".
They will show evidence that Buyers are legally able to pick and choose who they will or will not buy from...even based upon outright bias, prejudice, and discrimination, as well as any other reason. That IS currently legal, everywhere.
They will ask for "equal protection"...to be legally allowed to pick and choose who they sell to...for any reason.
Because it is impossible to make Buyers "buy equally", and they inevitably get to freely pick and choose who they buy from...the only way to make it "fair and equal" is to give Sellers the same latitude.

Ain't happening . Sorry . Nobody is overturning one of the bedrocks of civil rights to give sellers the right to reject a buyer because buyers can choose not to buy.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:19 PM

6,115 posts, read 3,089,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
You best explain yourself a bit better. You are making references that do not connect to most of us. What is a "crisis actor".

And if you were trying to be snarky in your choice of last names, it says a lot about you. Most of which is not appealing.
lol haha
Now you are not THAT ill informed? Are you?

Do a search on the credentials and reviews of panel of the 5 doctors who supposedly work at the Orlando Trauma center, they were the panel of doctors that issued the joint press statements, and participated in the QA hosted by a major news media

You will find a few other related YT videos.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:42 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,655,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Ain't happening . Sorry . Nobody is overturning one of the bedrocks of civil rights to give sellers the right to reject a buyer because buyers can choose not to buy.
You don't know that. We will have to wait and see.
The CRA is only 50 yrs old...we worked under different rules for much longer.
Prez Clinton signed DOMA 20 yrs ago...to certify the standard that had stood since the U.S. began. Homos can now get married to each other.
Mateen was one of over 100 Religiously motivated people arrested or killed in the U.S. in the last 2 years. He may have been in communication with operatives/directors as he acted.
Wait until the wrong guy gets sued for not being willing to provide produts and/or services for a function that goes against his Religious Beliefs...and when he gets sanctioned, guys like Mateen follow up and kill the Plantiff, the judge, and their families. Believe me...this is GONNA happen.
Then see how "steadfast" we are after that happens a bunch of times.
The Religious that are willing to fight (REALLY fight) for their beliefs are here, and many more are coming. It is happening all over the world.
Like I said...keep pushing, see where that gets ya.
C. Hebdo is a perfect example of how it is sure to play out.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:46 PM

You seem to think everyone will run in fear from the extremists . I'm betting the normal religious get tired of the extremists and isolate them theologically .

We will see . I don't think anyone is worried about SCOTUS deciding to overturn civil rights to suit some religious people .

Old 06-22-2016, 08:35 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,926,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
lol haha
Now you are not THAT ill informed? Are you?

Do a search on the credentials and reviews of panel of the 5 doctors who supposedly work at the Orlando Trauma center, they were the panel of doctors that issued the joint press statements, and participated in the QA hosted by a major news media

You will find a few other related YT videos.

I don't do conspiracy theories. Do you have any credible references that explain what the heck you are talking about, or are we in a game of 20 questions here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality