Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-23-2016, 12:24 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,920,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
I am here to correct you. I am here to make you think. You do not have to like it, but that does not change a thing.

I must admit though, the old, you're not the boss of me is amusing.

Very amusing. ahahahahahahahhha Thank you for that.
That's funny. The first time I heard that was many years ago when my daughter was in her teens. She was corrected about her perception quickly.

We actually talked about that this past weekend and had a good giggle about it, as her son will be a teenager next year. I welcomed her to the coming trials and tribulations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2016, 04:43 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You don't have any authority to correct me. Why do you assume you do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
I think you just broke the irony meter .
I have gone through an entire warehouse of them thanks to the fundies here.

Old 06-23-2016, 05:38 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Weird....you get upset at ME because I am supposedly thinking I'm smarter than others..but you are here telling me that you're here to correct me.

I have never accused you of being smart, have I?

Have you been trying to upset me? ahahahahahaha If so, you are terrible at it.

I want you to think.

You are not too smart to think are you?. Even a smarty pants such as myself needs to think.

You do not like being corrected. Meh. I am unconcerned if you like it, or not.

I am here to correct you. I want you to think.

Old 06-23-2016, 07:10 PM

19,999 posts, read 13,475,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
So another "Christian" who is anti-Bible? The Bible is our foundation. Without it, God and your faith becomes whatever feels right in your mind.
Oh, come on Jeff. Even with the Bible your faith is whatever feels right to you, because you interpretations of scripture are subjective and have no more standing than any one else's.
Quote:
"Like The rich rules over the poor, and the borrower is the slave of the lender." - Proverbs 22:7

Many people are in slavery today because they let themselves get buried in debt.
As if debt is a direct result of sloth and people just do it because they are lazy, unlike you?
Quote:
The Bible repeats several times to owe people nothing, pay your taxes, and give with no expectation of return.
Well I don't owe anyone a dime, I pay my taxes, and I learned long ago not to have expectations of reciprocity. But I suppose that doesn't count because while I act correctly, I don't believe correctly.

One thing I can tell you though is that I'm debt free because I've been very fortunate to get paid a lot of money for a long time to do the work I do, and society has somewhat arbitrarily decided to value my line of work much more than others. I don't think for a second it's because I'm virtuous or godly. My son on the other hand works at Taco Bell for $10.25 an hour and he's going massively in debt for his college degree, because he's a lazy, no-good leech ... no, wait a minute, because he HAS NO CHOICE. He's such a leech, he doesn't even want my money. So think a little differently about people who are poor and/or in debt, okay? This country is filling up with poor people who are behind the eight ball, and it's because of teachings like your cited Bible verse that suggests that the rich "ruling over the poor" and enslaving those they lend to, is the natural and righteous order of things -- when it's actually unjust and exploitive.

Old 06-23-2016, 08:26 PM

6,324 posts, read 4,323,057 times
Quote:
Are you loving and accepting of sex offenders? See it all falls into the umbrella of sexual immorality from my perspective. My beliefs are unloving towards sin. Big difference. Your side has twisted and contorted and tried its best to meld the two together, but I still have a heart to love all people as unique creations from God. You can characterize me however you like, but since you don't know me personally, it's not a true characterization. If you base it solely on the faith that I will not embrace homosexuality (it is clearly a sin) then that is a weak basis.
Nobody cares whether or not you ever embrace or accept homosexuality. You are perfectly free to believe as you wish, and you are perfectly free to express your opinion on homosexuality, as well.

The problem is that you and your fundamentalist pals aren't satisfied with that.

You folks always cross the line by thinking you have the right to force everyone else to obey your religious rules through the use of the justice system.

As an atheist, I should be free of your religion; I should not be bound by the dictates of your religion's "sin" in any way whatsoever unless there is a compelling civil and/or secular reason for it -- such as murder and theft just to name two examples.

There is NO compelling civil and/or secular reason why anyone other than Christians should be bound to sexual laws found in such places as Deuteronomy and Leviticus. Why should atheists and agnostics, Hindus or Muslims, Taoists, Buddhists, Pacific Islanders or African tribesmen be forced adhere to ancient Hebrew laws? Not even all Christians should be forced to obey them.

Yet here you are, campaigning as per usual, to rid the country of same-sex marriage because they offend YOUR religious values. YOUR religious values. YOURS. And because of that, EVERYONE must give up their freedom to suit you and your fundamentalism.

If not for that, no one would even care.

But you won't leave it alone.

The stupidity of this post is how you talk of being "loving and accepting" of sex offenders yet if Josh Duggar walked into a bakery to get a cake made, just what kind of outrage would you show against him? Considering the length and breadth you went to defending him when his story first broke, probably none at all ... but you'll spend days upon days and tens of thousands of keystrokes railing against homosexuals, so seriously, Jeff, your argument is weaker than the gravitational force of a neutrino.

Quote:
You mean the day I accept homosexuality as not being a sin. Sorry, won't happen.
Again, nobody cares.

You just need to let people sin if that's what they want to do. It's not up to you and your religion to play nanny over the souls of the rest of the human population. Worry about yourself. Using the legal apparatus to deny others the right to make their own choices is wrong ... at least it is in THIS country.

I don't want your religion telling me who I can or can't marry any more than you would want Islam telling you how to pray.

Old 06-23-2016, 09:12 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirina View Post
Nobody cares whether or not you ever embrace or accept homosexuality. You are perfectly free to believe as you wish, and you are perfectly free to express your opinion on homosexuality, as well.

The problem is that you and your fundamentalist pals aren't satisfied with that.

You folks always cross the line by thinking you have the right to force everyone else to obey your religious rules through the use of the justice system.

As an atheist, I should be free of your religion; I should not be bound by the dictates of your religion's "sin" in any way whatsoever unless there is a compelling civil and/or secular reason for it -- such as murder and theft just to name two examples.

There is NO compelling civil and/or secular reason why anyone other than Christians should be bound to sexual laws found in such places as Deuteronomy and Leviticus. Why should atheists and agnostics, Hindus or Muslims, Taoists, Buddhists, Pacific Islanders or African tribesmen be forced adhere to ancient Hebrew laws? Not even all Christians should be forced to obey them.

Yet here you are, campaigning as per usual, to rid the country of same-sex marriage because they offend YOUR religious values. YOUR religious values. YOURS. And because of that, EVERYONE must give up their freedom to suit you and your fundamentalism.

If not for that, no one would even care.

But you won't leave it alone.

The stupidity of this post is how you talk of being "loving and accepting" of sex offenders yet if Josh Duggar walked into a bakery to get a cake made, just what kind of outrage would you show against him? Considering the length and breadth you went to defending him when his story first broke, probably none at all ... but you'll spend days upon days and tens of thousands of keystrokes railing against homosexuals, so seriously, Jeff, your argument is weaker than the gravitational force of a neutrino.

Again, nobody cares.

You just need to let people sin if that's what they want to do. It's not up to you and your religion to play nanny over the souls of the rest of the human population. Worry about yourself. Using the legal apparatus to deny others the right to make their own choices is wrong ... at least it is in THIS country.

I don't want your religion telling me who I can or can't marry any more than you would want Islam telling you how to pray.
Unless it's a couple hot young girls getting it on...they don't seem to take much issue with that.
Believe me...most of them would have no problem with you and another girl your age kicking it.
MOF...most of them would dig watching.
So...even their rejection of "the sin" isn't fully legit.

Old 06-23-2016, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GldnRule View Post
Unless it's a couple hot young girls getting it on...they don't seem to take much issue with that.
Believe me...most of them would have no problem with you and another girl your age kicking it.
MOF...most of them would dig watching.
So...even their rejection of "the sin" isn't fully legit.
Hence the huge number of strip joints in Georgia that rival the number of churches/mile. It still amazes me that of all places I have been, Georgia truly must have more strip joints per capita than any other State.

Old 06-23-2016, 09:54 PM

12,595 posts, read 6,650,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Hence the huge number of strip joints in Georgia that rival the number of churches/mile. It still amazes me that of all places I have been, Georgia truly must have more strip joints per capita than any other State.
Cities in Texas too. Houston, especially.

Old 06-24-2016, 12:50 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,087,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
In other words, you can't or won't supply credible references, nor discuss what the heck you are talking about in the first place. Then why try and make a point?
Were you there in the Pulse and have witnessed everything with your eyes as a proof to whatever the media has reported to be true?

No you were not there, so.....

What's your own "credible reference" before you demand one?

Old 06-24-2016, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
Were you there in the Pulse and have witnessed everything with your eyes as a proof to whatever the media has reported to be true?

No you were not there, so.....

What's your own "credible reference" before you demand one?
Do you know what Occam's Razor is?

You are the one made a claim that is in contrast to all known facts we have. I asked for credible references, and to turn around, when I did not make these unsubstantiated claims, makes you appear to dodge the question and to attempt to deflect.

That is not an honest way in dealing with debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality