Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2016, 05:55 AM

1,504 posts, read 850,782 times

Advertisements

It has become a very complex and confusing society in the last 30 years. Basic stuff like sex which is really a primal function no different than eating or going to the bathroom. Now young people growing up do not equate sex with reproduction or even love for that matter. We live in a world of over complexity and constant change which results in a type of panic and confusion for some.

I really do not believe that the Orlando killer was that focused on killing gays. I think that he needed to find a hate object and gays were just handy...he seemed to know a lot about their socializing. Just as Hitler needed to find hate objects in those the Nazis viewed as inferior or socially obnoxious - This guy was driven by hatred....it did not matter who as long as it was someone.

Watching his father being interviewed I could tell that this was some sort of activist family that practiced hatred as a tradition. In my life time I have noticed that there are only two types of family environment that kids are brought up in.

There are families that are loving....intelligent - tolerant and kind...I remember my parents who were old school Russian Orthodox Christians...I never heard one utterance of hate come out of their mouths. ON the other hand there was one family - who went through life with a perpetual sneer on their faces...they hated everyone....and taught their sons to do the same...this family did not prosper and their lives were not long.

The real Christian mindset is to love what you might perceive as your enemy. This enemy has two choices..Either to return the love or continue to hate. Those continue to hate may even hate you more the more you love them...eventually they perish. If you hate me....I might just love you to death.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2016, 06:53 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,209,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
Typical mockery from you. You turn everything negative. Then stop making these threads and attacking Bible believing Christians.
I prefer Christ following christians, they seem to have such a brighter outlook...

Old 06-27-2016, 07:00 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,209,482 times
Quote:
No, you want me to love the sin and the sinner. Shame me all you want, but I don't want to stand before God on judgement day and explain how I encouraged people to continue in a path of destruction.
But you will, the path of destruction you are on and insist EVERYONE follows..the false teachings you endorse and the HATE, BIGOTRY and OPPRESSION you embrace as part of an antiquated religious system that was written by MEN for MEN who lived over 2000 years ago in a different TIME and PLACE.

By demanding christian sharia law be enacted and replace Constitutional law, you will stand before God Almighty and answer for that and you will NOT be able to claim--IT WAS WHAT I THOUGHT WAS RIGHT...

God will require accountability from all those who cling to a false precept of who God is and taught a perverted version of a JEALOUS, VENGEFUL and INSECURE God in place of a MERCIFUL, JUST, and COMPASSIONATE God of LOVE.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:00 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,730,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I prefer Christ following christians, they seem to have such a brighter outlook...
Of course you do because then you can just make up any version of Christianity that suits your liking. I have the foundation of God's Word which has never changed.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:15 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,613,186 times
Quote:
Your mockery only motivates me more to stand up for the truth.
Are you mocking the way I think, little brother?

You do not stand up to the truth. You need to know the truth first. You also need to resolve your anger and rage toward the LGBTQ community.

You do not come across as defending the truth. You do not even come across as defending your faith. What I see, comes from something dark inside of you.

You claim to spend only thirty minutes posting, as if it makes you righteous. Giving yourself a virtual pat on the back.

You were so pleased with yourself about going to an assisted living community where people pay $$$$$$$ to live, and you played your guitar. You act like assisted living is a homeless shelter.

You spent thirty minutes demonizing your LGBTQ brothers and sisters, and went to play music for wealthy people.

I am correcting you out of love, little brother. I see you. God sees you.

Old 06-27-2016, 07:20 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,602,505 times
Quote:
Of course you do because then you can just make up any version of Christianity that suits your liking. I have the foundation of God's Word which has never changed.
Can you explain why there are 30,000+ DIFFERENT versions of xianity jeff?

How did you choose which made up version suits our liking Jeff?

Old 06-27-2016, 08:25 AM

18,490 posts, read 9,153,100 times
Quote:
God's Word(tm) changes all the time. God's Word(tm) wasn't even defined by the church until several hundred years after Jesus supposedly lived.

Parts of God's Word(tm) were rejected by Luther and the other Protestant reformers. Luther didn't like the parts of God's Word(tm) like the Book of James, because they contradicted his theological agenda. Luther famously called James "the epistle of straw." Some parts of God's Word(tm) are more godly than others, apparently.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:14 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,161,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post

That was quite a good response . . .
Thanks. It was sincere as well.

Too bad Jeff is determined to think the worst of his fellow posters. Oh, well.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:16 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,730,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Are you mocking the way I think, little brother?

You do not stand up to the truth. You need to know the truth first. You also need to resolve your anger and rage toward the LGBTQ community.

You do not come across as defending the truth. You do not even come across as defending your faith. What I see, comes from something dark inside of you.

You are entitled to your own opinion, but of course you are not going to back down and admit I'm right on anything. You are too emotionally tied to this subject to look at it objectively combined with a stiff pride that can not admit that your posts come across just as mean and unloving as you claim that we are.

You don't speak for everyone and the reps and private comments I receive show me that there are people out there who do support my defense of the faith.

Quote:

You claim to spend only thirty minutes posting, as if it makes you righteous. Giving yourself a virtual pat on the back.

You were so pleased with yourself about going to an assisted living community where people pay $$$$$$$ to live, and you played your guitar. You act like assisted living is a homeless shelter.
And that's why I should not share anything about my personal life. You will take that and turn into into a weapon or something rotten and foul. Shaming me for sharing my musical talent? Unbelievable. You know some of these patients are Alzehemiers and hospice care parents. I don't care if they are wealthy or not. My heart goes out to the elderly.

Quote:

You spent thirty minutes demonizing your LGBTQ brothers and sisters, and went to play music for wealthy people.

I am correcting you out of love, little brother. I see you. God sees you.

Jesus did not love sin. Read your Bible. Or burn it. Don't try to play both sides.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:19 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,084,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
It's obvious that you have been taken in and believe it....What other whack-a-loon theories do you subscribe to? How about the Boston Marathon bombing....More "crisis actors"?

Survivors of Boston bombing meet with Orlando victims still in hospital | PBS NewsHour
lol hahaa.

So u r ready to take a bullet that penetrates your rib cage and exits through your back, only to consult these Orlando surgeons and get fully healed in two days?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality